mixer17

Lagoa, possibly closing???

• Members

On my first visit to Lagoa today , I caught word from two boys that Lagoa may close it's doors at the end of June. The boys are unsure but it may be due to increasing prices of rent. One disclaimer is my Portuguese isn't what one would call strong. 

I wonder if the "Revelation party. What will Lagoa's future will be like?" on June first is in regards to this.

B8C8FBB6-72CA-4499-A245-C86B5B9744C2.jpeg

Edited by mixer17

Over a year ago Rodolfo the owner was notified that his lease would more then likely not be renewed! The land it sits on is much more valuable with a 20 story condo on it(the same situation Pointe might face as the family that owns and are Point202's landlords also own the Atlanico hotel a few blocks away on Siquero Campos and we're going to build a hotel there but those plans fell through when they could not get the tax exemption).

Rudolfo,  does not seem concerned about it and it does not seem to be worried if he has to close, but it has not happened yet and I was told it probably won't happen this year, but no one seems to know for sure!

Edited by tomcal

• Members

On my first trip to Brazil when the digital camera was just a fig Newton of developers’ imagination, I was surprised to see so many Revelação signs all over the place.  It turned out it meant “film developing,”  quite banal when compared to the biblical meaning I had in mind.

Now Revelação in connection with a gay sauna and promoted with  drum rolls and blare of trumpets, in my estimation, cannot possibly be a closing announcement.  But I have more often been wrong.

Edited by trencherman

• Members

Lagoa is not "closing" as to "going out of business" - 

The sauna will be moved to a new facility.  They are moving because their lease on the three houses that comprise the sauna is expiring.

Rodolfo, the owner, has no other job or income.  Although he is a doctor, he has not practiced medicine for more than twenty years.  He depends on the income from the sauna for his day-to-day expensive travels and lifestyle.  He will not close the sauna.

He is working out a deal for a new facility located a few miles from Lagoa's present location.

The new facility will be smaller than the present location.    

As soon as a firm commitment for the new facility is established, Rodolfo will be making numerous announcements where and when the new facility will open.  Rodolfo does not want to lose any revenue because of the move.

No, Rodolfo will not let that "gold mine" disintegrate as many other saunas have done over the years.

I am currently in Brazil again and plan to go to Lagoa tonight.  Remember, Wednesday and Friday are usually (not always)the busiest and best nights at Lagoa.

My last few visits to Lagoa were disappointing.  If the place is filled tonight and joyful, like it used to be in prior times, I will report back.

Edited by mvan1

• Members
12 hours ago, brockmiller said:

Will be there on Friday too, want to meet up?

Please see my new thread about my visit to Lagoa tonight.

Because of so many disappointing visits to Lagoa over the past six months, including tonight, I will not be returning to Lagoa Friday night.  I am not sure I will go to Lagoa until they open their new facility.

• Members
On 5/29/2019 at 11:46 AM, brockmiller said:

Will be there on Friday too, want to meet up?

We left for Rio yesterday or else I would've loved to meet up and trade stories. I am a little sad to leave SP yesterday and miss the weekend and really see Lagoa's potential.

Rio is fun as always. 

• Members
On 5/30/2019 at 12:20 AM, mvan1 said:

Please see my new thread about my visit to Lagoa tonight.

Because of so many disappointing visits to Lagoa over the past six months, including tonight, I will not be returning to Lagoa Friday night.  I am not sure I will go to Lagoa until they open their new facility.

Yes I see! I may be mistaken but did I see you post something about Fragata before? How it is good and relaxing on some nights? Will you be going elsewhere?