AdamSmith

‘The Best Way to Deal With Russia: Wait for It to Implode’

19 hours ago, RA1 said:

What happens in Hong Kong will likely influence my opinion of your post.

Best regards,

RA1

Think these are two-afart unitary issues.

Imagine if the U.S. were judged on the totality of its conduct alone, not on the specifics.

• Members
2 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Think these are two-afart unitary issues.

Imagine if the U.S. were judged on the totality of its conduct alone, not on the specifics.

Isn't it?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
On 8/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, AdamSmith said:

Agree very much with this. Companies in China and the US and elsewhere will naturally compete with one another. But I think Xi & co. see that free and fair trade is in everyone’s best interest. His government has taken pretty seriously the need to stop manipulating their currency, in particular.

It is Drumpf reopening last-generation trade-war tactics that threatens to upend the boat today. We can’t be rid of him soon enough.

I'm not sure Chinese Joe is the one who's up to that task. Am I the only one who sees Biden as having an enormous liability in a general election with his Chinese influence? Will it not come up in primaries at all?

China is very much for free trade in every other country but not in China. It does the minimum necessary to pretend. Even though in a totally free-trade environment it would win hands down. But in a total surveillance police state like China free anything is impossible. 

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

I'm not sure Chinese Joe is the one who's up to that task. Am I the only one who sees Biden as having an enormous liability in a general election with his Chinese influence? Will it not come up in primaries at all?

China is very much for free trade in every other country but not in China. It does the minimum necessary to pretend. Even though in a totally free-trade environment it would win hands down. But in a total surveillance police state like China free anything is impossible. 

Yeah, it is going to take some continuing pressure from the US and others to ‘encourage’ these changes. Agree Grandpa B. has some issues here.

Whether the electorate will take notice, I have not a clue.