Vincmad

Athens - Omonia Square, Syntagma Square, Public Parks

• Members

I say this as a non Greek and with no offense intended:

Athens is filthy - really garbage can filthy outside of the main tourist areas and some nice residential areas.

Years ago in the past the police had a mostly hands off attitude regarding iv drug use, homeless folks, and sex in the public parks from what I could tell. One of the large parks just north of the great national archeological museum was cleaned up quite a bit around 2 years ago.

i never saw rent boys at the train station but I rarely went looking there.

Pre Covid omonia area was seedy but relatively safe in the daytime beyond pick pockets which can happen anywhere. I thought it was not unsafe at night.

The rent boys hung out at cosmopolit or kosmopolit cinema and nearby area. You could have sex there or a nearby hotel, with cheap rates by the hour.

I never had sex nor saw anyone looking for sex in the big park between plaka and the parliament. I also never went there at midnight.

Gay Greece is not Central London nor Los Angeles. Every place has its own rules. Athens is a great city for tourists but be aware that the boy show in Athens can be hugely enjoyable though sometimes a bit rough. Just mind your ps and qs and you should be fine.