RA1

Pete vs the other Dems

• Members

Do you like Pete because he is gay or because he is more center than the "left" Dems?  If I were looking for a Dem to vote for it likely would be Pete.  Some think Joe is the moderate but he is fading and fast.  Bernie and MS. Warren are way too far left for many, if not most.  Pete is facing a lot of challenges to include not enough experience in politics, never mind his sexual orientation.  I only have one comment on that subject and that is Jimmy Carter faced many of the same questions and, obviously, so did Barack Obama.  Who ever thought the US could or would elect a Black President?  Some thought the same about JFK being a Catholic but I could never understand that point.  

Bloomberg is kind of the elephant in the room.  Who knows how he will fare?  I personally think he is a wealthy central leftist.  But, what do I know?

One thing is for sure, it all will be interesting.

Best regards,

RA1

Edited by RA1

20 hours ago, RA1 said:

Bloomberg is kind of the elephant in the room.  Who knows how he will fare?

At first I was annoyed (as if my opinion mattered :rolleyes: ) that he threw his fedora into an already too cluttered ring.

But now one is very much interested to see if his infinite bucks, and his native New Yorker personality, are what it will take to take down his Bizarro alter-ego The Donald.

Policy views evidently meaning nada to the electorate any more.

• Members

Mayor Pete appears to have strong leadership qualities. He seems to have culled and nurtured the best attributes from his military service, which helped to make the man he is today. Pete consistently sets the proper tone, no matter the gotcha question, which is extremely difficult to do in these highly polarized times. His ideas are compelling without being radical, always looking to the future. He is inclusive with a positive outlook, resisting the temptation to go negative. He gives us hope, a talent that Clinton and Obama mastered. Pete is audacious in a good way.

Many voters do not care about brains, intellect, or ideas that come from their leaders. In America, voting can be a personality contest, similar to voting on American Idol. I do care about educated leaders. I care if my leader thrives on reading. No human being is perfect, but I will take the intellect and reading acumen of Pete, Obama, and both Clinton's any day over George W. Bush and anyone in the Trump family.

Mayor Pete shows a very high level of political talent. Political talent doesn't make you a great leader, but it makes it easier to watch and observe you in public settings, especially when tragedy strikes. In simple terms, Mayor Pete seems like the fun guy you might want to have a beer with and talk politics. He also seems like the neighbor you want to go to for comfort and guidance after your house has been robbed. I envy the voters in Iowa and New Hampshire who actually get to do sit with Pete.

Experience can be an asset for any job applicant, but America has proven it doesn't care. Obama was right when he said no one was more experienced than Hillary Clinton. Ignorant, racist, power-hungry fools put Trump in the White House. Trump played every negative card he could to win over the lost and disaffected. Trump is nothing more than a mafia boss reality star with only a talent for lying, hubris, and thinking he was God's gift to women. Experience does not matter any more. With Trump, the hideous feral cat can no longer be stuffed back into the bag.

When I first landed the corporate job that catapulted my success, I got hired with zero experience. The executive who interviewed me and then hired me saw something I could not put into words at the time. Her gumption and foresight proved spot on. Within two years and growth to eighty employees, we were breaking all profit records.

As a business leader who has experienced success from the ground up, I consider an applicant's on-the-job experience, but I'm more interested in someone's ability to listen and manage others. In order to be a successful mayor, no matter how large the city, you need to be good at hiring, listening, and managing.

"I alone can do it," with chest-pumping, narcissistic fervor, is a failed applicant for me. I want the candidate who seeks to surround himself with smarter people than himself. I want a humble, modest, self-effacing person who understands the service job is not about HIM, it's about every customer. I want a candidate who cherishes the learned value of mistakes, and possesses the inner strength and backbone to apologize when he's gone wrong.

To me, Pete seems like "the man." Even if he doesn't win the nomination, we will never forget him.

• Members
On 2/7/2020 at 1:15 PM, RA1 said:

Bloomberg is kind of the elephant in the room.  Who knows how he will fare?

If Biden fades as everyone expects him to -- Biden is a good, solid man, everyone admits. He probably would make a successful president. However, Biden was always bad at campaigning, and in this day and age, you need to be a rock star -- Bloomberg stands a chance at knocking Sanders down and making Pete look more novice than he is.

Bloomberg's resume is difficult to overlook or ignore. Bloomberg's success makes Trump and Co. look smaller than a fat man's penis. Bloomberg is the real deal. No phony. No faker. No carnival barker. No reality TV star. Every executive I know who has worked for Bloomberg L.P. has nothing but nice things to say about the man and his company. The people I know who worked for Trump all had to sign confidentiality agreements because Trump couldn't handle ex-employees speaking the truth in public. Very different men. Very different success stories. In fact, when compared to Bloomberg, Trump will look like an utter failure.

Bloomberg may be one of the few people who can bring Trump to his knees. Bloomberg has the ability to intimidate Trump and make Trump sweat. Bloomberg has a tart New Yorker's tongue, and his brain seems quicker and keener than ever. The Bloomberg commercials are working, and they're well produced. Trump is a repulsive debater. Wait until you witness Trump's dry mouth and stutter when he takes the stage with Bloomberg. Bloomberg will have no problem going mano-a-mano with the fat-ass mafia boss.

Bloomberg's issue will be motivation. How many people want to see Trumpism die? Will Blacks and Latinos vote for a New York Jew, who at times was accused of being racist and supported policies that were definitely racist?

And what about the youth vote? How many folks 18-25 have any interest in turning from their i-Phones and looking at Bloomberg? Perhaps as they learn the work he has done on guns they will take a second look.

Bloomberg has the ability to attract every single person who hates Trump, and those people are the majority. A sizable number of those people exist in the Republican party. I know plenty of Republicans who would openly express joy in voting for Bloomberg. They gave him three terms in NYC when they had the chance.

12 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

If Biden fades as everyone expects him to -- Biden is a good, solid man, everyone admits. He probably would make a successful president. However, Biden was always bad at campaigning, and in this day and age, you need to be a rock star -- Bloomberg stands a chance at knocking Sanders down and making Pete look more novice than he is.

Bloomberg's resume is difficult to overlook or ignore. Bloomberg's success makes Trump and Co. look smaller than a fat man's penis. Bloomberg is the real deal. No phony. No faker. No carnival barker. No reality TV star. Every executive I know who has worked for Bloomberg L.P. has nothing but nice things to say about the man and his company. The people I know who worked for Trump all had to sign confidentiality agreements because Trump couldn't handle ex-employees speaking the truth in public. Very different men. Very different success stories. In fact, when compared to Bloomberg, Trump will look like an utter failure.

Bloomberg may be one of the few people who can bring Trump to his knees. Bloomberg has the ability to intimidate Trump and make Trump sweat. Bloomberg has a tart New Yorker's tongue, and his brain seems quicker and keener than ever. The Bloomberg commercials are working, and they're well produced. Trump is a repulsive debater. Wait until you witness Trump's dry mouth and stutter when he takes the stage with Bloomberg. Bloomberg will have no problem going mano-a-mano with the fat-ass mafia boss.

Bloomberg's issue will be motivation. How many people want to see Trumpism die? Will Blacks and Latinos vote for a New York Jew, who at times was accused of being racist and supported policies that were definitely racist?

And what about the youth vote? How many folks 18-25 have any interest in turning from their i-Phones and looking at Bloomberg? Perhaps as they learn the work he has done on guns they will take a second look.

Bloomberg has the ability to attract every single person who hates Trump, and those people are the majority. A sizable number of those people exist in the Republican party. I know plenty of Republicans who would openly express joy in voting for Bloomberg. They gave him three terms in NYC when they had the chance.

Absofuckinglutely.

For a long time I thought Warren was our last best hope.

But now I now think Bloomberg may just emerge as our new J. Robert Oppenheimer  in this battle for the nation’s soul.

• Members

And the TROLL keeps on winning.

How does a TROLL respond when there's video of Nancy Pelosi ripping the TROLL's speech at his fake State of the Union bluster? He doctors the video and posts it to Facebook and Twitter, and then Facebook and Twitter refuse to take it down when asked.

This is the dangerous state of politics we are at in this country. Blatant, venomous lies intended to destroy any opposition are now part of the norm when they come from the White House. And because of profit dollars, huge Social Media corporations refuse to take any action. One might think a simple "fake" label could be easily negotiated. Money rules in America. Anyone wonder why Bernie Sanders is popular?

Outside of war and people taking to the streets, I really don't see a way out of this fiasco. I'm sure Putin is loving every minute.

Pelosi Clashes With Facebook and Twitter Over Video Posted by Trump

Edited by RockHardNYC