Lucky

Ronan Farrow Hit Piece!

• Members

The NY Times, of all places, today pits one young reporter against the Pulitzer-Prize winning Ronan Farrow.

ben-smith-ronan-farrow-Getty-Images-Reut

Yes, it's Ben Smith, formerly of the defunct Buzzfeed, going against New Yorker writer Ronan Farrow. Farrow leads Smith in Pulitzer prizes 1-0.

One wonders what the true story is between these men as most agree that the Times has better things to do than pick on Ronan. The Daily Dot does a good job of analyzing the fight:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/new-york-times-ronan-farrow-hit-piece/

Smith was a small time reporter before being made editor of Buzzfeed, where Wikipedia says he ran into problems of his own:

In December 2011, he was named editor-in-chief of Buzzfeed News.[1] Smith explained that he would be leaving his Politico blog but he would still write for the publication weekly.[15]

In January 2017, Smith, as Buzzfeed's editor, published the Steele dossier, a 35-page dossier about Donald Trump, which major news organizations, including the New York Times and NBC News, refused to publish due to lack of credible evidence. Smith defended his decision by saying, "We have always erred on the side of publishing."[16]

Farrow, who is openly gay, left NBC News when they blocked his reporting on Harvey Feinstein. Smith is married to a woman. Who wins here? I dunno, but Ronan has my support. Yes, I read his book too.

ronan-farrow-hbo-series.jpg

Rolling Stone probably has the best article on the fight: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/ronan-farrow-ben-smith-new-york-times-harvey-weinstein-matt-lauer-1001532/

Edited by Lucky

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

The NY Times, of all places, today pits one young reporter against the Pulitzer-Prize winning Ronan Farrow.

ben-smith-ronan-farrow-Getty-Images-Reut

Yes, it's Ben Smith, formerly of the defunct Buzzfeed, going against New Yorker writer Ronan Farrow. Farrow leads Smith in Pulitzer prizes 1-0.

One wonders what the true story is between these men as most agree that the Times has better things to do than pick on Ronan. The Daily Dot does a good job of analyzing the fight:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/new-york-times-ronan-farrow-hit-piece/

Smith was a small time reporter before being made editor of Buzzfeed, where Wikipedia says he ran into problems of his own:

In December 2011, he was named editor-in-chief of Buzzfeed News.[1] Smith explained that he would be leaving his Politico blog but he would still write for the publication weekly.[15]

In January 2017, Smith, as Buzzfeed's editor, published the Steele dossier, a 35-page dossier about Donald Trump, which major news organizations, including the New York Times and NBC News, refused to publish due to lack of credible evidence. Smith defended his decision by saying, "We have always erred on the side of publishing."[16]

Farrow, who is openly gay, left NBC News when they blocked his reporting on Harvey Feinstein. Smith is married to a woman. Who wins here? I dunno, but Ronan has my support. Yes, I read his book too.

ronan-farrow-hbo-series.jpg

Rolling Stone probably has the best article on the fight: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/ronan-farrow-ben-smith-new-york-times-harvey-weinstein-matt-lauer-1001532/

This is excellent.

He is intelligent, but has fallen prey unconsciously to several current mental pathologies in himself, and abroad inns the world. Only too clear.

Oneself would not say that, and still with some trepidation, except after considerable (expensive! :) ) years on the shrink’s couch.

Guest OhPlease
2 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

This is excellent.

He is intelligent, but has fallen prey unconsciously to several current mental pathologies in himself, and abroad inns the world. Only too clear.

Oneself would not say that, and still with some trepidation, except after considerable (expensive! :) ) years on the shrink’s couch.

Tell that to all the women, who have fallen prey to the likes of Harvey Weinstein, NBC Executives, Et al, and read his response to this article, in his defense.

ASK THE WOMEN.

It was only a matter of time until this happened, and think of Ronan farrow as you may, but put his reporting and the the behavior of those who have been  exposed due to it and take a side. 

i’m not discounting all the years that Adam Smith spent on a couch. But ask yourself who’s protecting whom here?

Edited by OhPlease

9 minutes ago, OhPlease said:

Tell that to all the women, who have fallen prey to the likes of Harvey Weinstein, NBC Executives, Et al, and read his response to this article, in his defense.

ASK THE WOMEN.

Yes, my love. I do not dismiss the many women, all hurt and harmed. Very much so; and absolutely must be given justice.

Known several thus oneself. :(

• Members

What ambitious young reporter is not, Adam? Journalism is a cut throat profession. Farrow starts with one foot in the hole considering his parents. I think he did an admirable job and showed real courage.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

What ambitious young reporter is not, Adam? Journalism is a cut throat profession. Farrow starts with one foot in the hole considering his parents. I think he did an admirable job and showed real courage.

Yeah, that is truth. That internal fire is what propels some to pursue and excel in such an in many ways thankless profession.

But the eventual attractions to use one’s constructed venue to exercise personal pathologies is ever-present. Thus for instance this code of ethics drawn up by members of the profession itself:

https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

13 hours ago, Lucky said:

I think he did an admirable job and showed real courage.

P.S. I just don’t think he documented this thing he is pushing enough, and published evidence thereof that self-referentially showed its point.

13 hours ago, Lucky said:

Guess who is now jumping on the bandwagon? The disgraced Matt Lauer! TeeHee  Of course he is.

Now HE is credibly from his own very long display of Himself a clear ass.

In any & every way.

The above words have no irony in them at all.

He is an ultimate turdball.

• Members

Ronan is a New York Social Diary kind of reporter, not a war correspondent, or someone who would cover the Poverty and Murders in South Sudan. I know because a close friend was a journalist in South Sudan, after covering the war in Ukraine as a free lance