Guest Larstrup

The Organ

12 hours ago, MsAnn said:

Inspiring. Thank you for this...

One of the most inspiring teachers I ever had.

And incredibly personally open and present. To us undergraduates. He valued each of us as people.

Ultimately in the sense of course of what each of us might find able to contribute to the world of ideas, whatever the particular field.

My non-theory-supported at all idea to write a senior thesis comparing the poetry of John Ashbery with the paintings of Jasper Johns he thought was the greatest thing! So with his encouragement, I went off and spent a dedicated double-credit semester doing the impossible.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, AdamSmith said:

One of the most inspiring teachers I ever had.

And incredibly personally open and present. To us undergraduates. He valued each of us as people.

Ultimately in the sense of course of what each of us might find able to contribute to the world of ideas, whatever the particular field.

And he did not bother me!

Just a week before the deadline, he called and said, ‘Can I see what you have?’

After reading it, he just said, ‘Well, you need an introductory page or so, and a few words at the end summarizing the whole thing.’

He meant I had done the job!

7 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

And he did not bother me!

Just a week before the deadline, he called and said, ‘Can I see what you have?’

After reading it, he just said, ‘Well, you need an introductory page or so, and a few words at the end summarizing the whole thing.’

He meant I had done the job!

THIS was the nature of Jale. ^_^