Latbear4blk

REMEMBERING ANTHONY BOURDAIN

• Members

His death was one of the few suicides that strongly struck me. I did not know that somehow I had emotionally bond with this man throughout my admiration for him. I still weep sometimes when I think of his last minutes. This is a nice article to remember some of his lessons, published today in the WaPo.

5 important lessons travelers, chefs and writers learned from Anthony Bourdain

• Members
On 6/26/2020 at 5:50 AM, Latbear4blk said:

His death was one of the few suicides that strongly struck me. I did not know that somehow I had emotionally bond with this man throughout my admiration for him. I still weep sometimes when I think of his last minutes. This is a nice article to remember some of his lessons, published today in the WaPo.

5 important lessons travelers, chefs and writers learned from Anthony Bourdain

I could not agree with you more! I was shocked/rocked when I heard the news of his death. He and I were of similar age, and had a few other similarities in our lives, I always felt a virtual bond with him. Great article thanks.

• Members
40 minutes ago, SoCal said:

I could not agree with you more! I was shocked/rocked when I heard the news of his death. He and I were of similar age, and had a few other similarities in our lives, I always felt a virtual bond with him. Great article thanks.

I think my emotional bond has to do exactly with that. We shared the same existentialist mindset. I think I can relate to the anguish that took his life, I just do not understand why he made that decision so soon,