AdamSmith

Covid again

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

Europe can tell all about it ... even Italy is now again in crisis mode ... patients get sometimes treatment in their cars ... 

• Members
4 hours ago, Greg_blond said:

Europe can tell all about it ... even Italy is now again in crisis mode

It's very true. NYC is on high alert. Schools are teetering towards closing once again. Luckily for me, my neighborhood in Manhattan gets high marks for diligence and patience. It's very rare to see someone without a mask on, and buildings continue to enforce strict protocols. The subway in Manhattan is also impressive. Mostly masked passengers, attempting to respect social distancing. Quite remarkable.

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

It's very true. NYC is on high alert. Schools are teetering towards closing once again. Luckily for me, my neighborhood in Manhattan gets high marks for diligence and patience. It's very rare to see someone without a mask on, and buildings continue to enforce strict protocols. The subway in Manhattan is also impressive. Mostly masked passengers, attempting to respect social distancing. Quite remarkable.

Good hearing@RockHardNYC NYers are adapting well to the new normal .... are the gyms still open?

Closing the schools is indeed a very tough call to make .... Ireland was the first EU country to go again in lockdown, but they kept the schools open! And their numbers are now among the best across Europe ....

• Members
8 minutes ago, Greg_blond said:

are the gyms still open?

The gym situation in NYC is not good. Those that have opened, there is a 33 percent capacity restriction. Frankly, I'm surprised any opened at all, given that gyms are normally a cesspool of germs waiting to attack its members. Many of the luxe gyms attempt to show how clean and disinfected they are, but one has to be very careful when using the machines. Far too many people are selfish and don't clean up after themselves. Even the expensive gyms can't afford to hire enough staff to wipe down every piece of equipment after its use. I haven't been to my gym since early March. Here's a interesting look at NYC gym life: Open Gyms

18 minutes ago, Greg_blond said:

they kept the schools open

Schools are a local issue. The data shows that Covid transmission is low in grade schools following health protocols. Colleges are a different story. NY leaders made an agreement months ago: if infections rise above 3%, schools have to close. It may not be a perfect solution, but no matter how you slice and dice the facts and decisions, school gatherings are never without risk. I'm glad I'm beyond dealing with the issue.

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

The gym situation in NYC is not good. Those that have opened, there is a 33 percent capacity restriction. Frankly, I'm surprised any opened at all, given that gyms are normally a cesspool of germs waiting to attack its members. Many of the luxe gyms attempt to show how clean and disinfected they are, but one has to be very careful when using the machines. Far too many people are selfish and don't clean up after themselves. Even the expensive gyms can't afford to hire enough staff to wipe down every piece of equipment after its use. I haven't been to my gym since early March. Here's a interesting look at NYC gym life: Open Gyms

Schools are a local issue. The data shows that Covid transmission is low in grade schools following health protocols. Colleges are a different story. NY leaders made an agreement months ago: if infections rise above 3%, schools have to close. It may not be a perfect solution, but no matter how you slice and dice the facts and decisions, school gatherings are never without risk. I'm glad I'm beyond dealing with the issue.

So true @RockHardNYC!!!

Equinox: Sweet memories :-)

Gyms are indeed as bad as bars and restaurants according to new study from Stanford ....