BiBottomBoy

Getting Rid Of Flies

• Members

I live in an old cabin in the woods and, every few years, something crawls into the attic and dies.  Over the next week, I'll get an influx of fat lethargic flies that invariably take up residence on my kitchen windows.

After running a quick breath-on-the-mirror check to make sure it wasn't me who drew them, I haul out the canister vacuum and suck them up.  More arrive in the afternoon, and overnight, and again the next day.  In a few days, they're gone and I put the vacuum away till next time.

I don't currently have a pet but there are a lot of living things around, so I wouldn't use an indiscriminate pesticide.

Every time I see them, I recall staying with a friend up in the Gold Country in a cheap room next to the Coke® machine.  Right outside the door was a well-used fly strip.

image.jpeg.9f40a40c677ce085a65a1211ee78b470.jpeg

I told another friend about the cheap room we had and he reminded me that the really cheap rooms don't have any fly strips.  :rolleyes:

Hi, remember reading something last year about repelling flies with a bag of water and did a quick search and found it:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/mums-unbelievable-bag-hack-to-banish-flies-using-no-chemicals-at-all-c-1605153

Also while looking saw this:

https://www.fliesonly.com/how-to-get-rid-of-flies/

No idea if they work but hope it helps.