Guest MonkeySee

Crime Does Not Pay in Thailand

Guest MonkeySee

Here is a clip I saw on the internet. The loose translation is as follows:

In Thailand, a couple, 21 and 24 years old, from Uriceham Sweden, were sentenced on Tuesday to 1 year three months in prison. They were convicted of stealing two T-shirts in a store in Patong Beach.

They were arrested in November and have since been sitting in remand prison together with hundreds of other criminals. This is according to the Swedish foreign ministry staff from the Swedish consulate in Phuket that have visited the couple.

At first the couple were sentenced to 2 year and 6 months, but the sentence was reduced because the couple confessed to the crime and gave up the right to appeal the sentence.

Guest shebavon
Here is a clip I saw on the internet. The loose translation is as follows:

In Thailand, a couple, 21 and 24 years old, from Uriceham Sweden, were sentenced on Tuesday to 1 year three months in prison. They were convicted of stealing two T-shirts in a store in Patong Beach.

They were arrested in November and have since been sitting in remand prison together with hundreds of other criminals. This is according to the Swedish foreign ministry staff from the Swedish consulate in Phuket that have visited the couple.

At first the couple were sentenced to 2 year and 6 months, but the sentence was reduced because the couple confessed to the crime and gave up the right to appeal the sentence.

We should all keep this story in mind as we attend Central's opening on Friday. Don't forget your discount card.

Guest GaySacGuy

Two T-shirts = 1 year three months

Pedophile with 40 different arrest, etc., and caught in the act with a 12 year old...out on bail from arrest 30 days ago...and probably out on bail again.

I think you can buy justice in Thailand, just like the US. If you have the money to higher a good lawyer in the US, you can get off on most anything.

Guest MonkeySee
Two T-shirts = 1 year three months

Pedophile with 40 different arrest, etc., and caught in the act with a 12 year old...out on bail from arrest 30 days ago...and probably out on bail again.

I think you can buy justice in Thailand, just like the US. If you have the money to higher a good lawyer in the US, you can get off on most anything.

I think this pedo knows how to play the system. Plead not guilty and get a good lawyer. I think the young Swedish couple were stupid enough do the crime in the first place and then to admit to the crime and plead guilty.

Guest Steve1903

How about this one from the UK last week.

A woman was badly assaulted but was able to pick out her attacker in a line up. When the case went to court it was dismissed by the judge who said that as she was the only eye witness it was not fair to continue because she was such an honest and trustworthy person the jury was bound to believe her which wasnt fair on the accused. Case dismissed.

Why do we have such complete tossers in our judiciary? <_<

A friend sent this one to me in an Email:

_____

Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn't control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: 'Give me

all your money or I'll shoot'. The man shouted back, 'that's not what I said!'.

Guest lvdkeyes
A friend sent this one to me in an Email:

_____

Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn't control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: 'Give me

all your money or I'll shoot'. The man shouted back, 'that's not what I said!'.

This comes under the category of "Too dumb to be a crook."

Guest slackersam

There was a story in the local paper a few years back about a guy who burglarized his neighbor's home.

The cops caught him because it had snowed that night and they followed the tracks in the snow back to his house.

Guest MonkeySee
This comes under the category of "Too dumb to be a crook."

Reminds me of a the guy that robbed the 7-11 with his army jacket on and his last name in large bold letters. What an idiot!

Guest laurence
There was a story in the local paper a few years back about a guy who burglarized his neighbor's home.

The cops caught him because it had snowed that night and they followed the tracks in the snow back to his house.

How strange! I know someone who did just that except it was a local shop that he robbed. He was drunk at the time, well he was drunk most of the time.

Guest lvdkeyes

I read of a guy who handed a bank teller a note that said," I have a gun, hand over the money." The note was written on one of his bank deposit forms.

Guest slackersam

I've always thought "If you think about committing a crime don't because it means you are not smart enough to commit the crime."

Criminals are rarely bright people.

Guest lvdkeyes
Criminals are rarely bright people.

I don't agree with you. Many criminals are very smart, but not smart enough to avoid being caught. The first one who comes to mind is Madoff. He certainly is an intelligent guy, albeit, a scum bag.

Guest MonkeySee
I don't agree with you. Many criminals are very smart, but not smart enough to avoid being caught. The first one who comes to mind is Madoff. He certainly is an intelligent guy, albeit, a scum bag.

I agree that many criminals are very smart scumbags, like Madoff. Another example is the retired Chicago policeman, Drew Peterson. Looks as if he may have killed a wife or two and is still out there.

Guest MonkeySee

Here is a report in the Seattle Post Intelligencer of a Thai lady getting even with an ex-boyfriend. She is still free, but probably not for long.

"A woman accused of poisoning her ex-boyfriend by lacing his Jagermeister with insecticide and then fleeing the country was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and assault.

Kirkland police say Janjira Smith, 51, gave the tainted bottle of liquer to a woman Roger Mitchell Lewis had recently begun dating and told her to make sure he drank some.

On Oct. 6, Lewis, 56, downed a shot from the bottle and the woman, Thanyarat "Nina" Sengpharaghanh, drank half a shot while they were getting ready to leave her Kirkland apartment for dinner.

Lewis died; Sengpharaghanh passed out and later awoke, temporarily blind after suffering a stroke, police said.

Smith told investigators Lewis had ended their relationship and she had tried to persuade him to come back to her, according to court papers.

She flew to California several days after the crime and later returned to her native Thailand, King County prosecutors said.

She was still at large Thursday."

From the Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Guest MonkeySee
Reason #154 on why to not drink Jager. It's so awful it can mask the taste of insecticide.

You have that right. I tried the stuff once and that was enough for me. I have never tasted insecticide but Jagermeister is what I image insecticide to taste like. Really awful stuff.

Guest MonkeySee
There is a bar I hang out in where they serve shots of Jager mixed with Tabasco.

Does that help? In my opinion, not even Tabasco could make it taste good.

Guest MonkeySee

The reason I tried Jager was a group of beautiful German guys were having a great time drinking the stuff on a flight I was on. One shot of the stuff was enough, for me, to never try it again. It is a little like eating bugs in Thailand, once is enough.