topjohn5

Rio AirBnB list with guests allowed?

Hi everyone,

I'm now considering an AirBnB in Rio for my stay. I want to stay near the Copacabana beach. 

What links can people provide that they are sure guests are allowed.

Thanks for all your help.

• Members

The best way to find out if a place on AirBnB allows guests is to look at each individual listing’s House Rules. If it explicitly states guests are not allowed, or has some similar restriction about visitors, then scratch that one off your list. If it does not explicitly state it, then mention to the host that you will have local friends dropping by and you want to make sure that’s okay. Often times, some hosts are not okay with overnight guests who do not pay. But technically, if it’s not included in the House Rules, it should not be an issue. Also, always book for at least 2 persons, not just for yourself. I just wouldn’t book a place without the host knowing upfront that I may have a local guest — because I don’t want an issue during the stay or afterwards (an unfavorable guest review). 

I own a rental property that is often used on AirBnB and I don’t allow guests other than those registered. So it’s best to look for the House Rules abd ask the host directly. 

2 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

The best way to find out if a place on AirBnB allows guests is to look at each individual listing’s House Rules. If it explicitly states guests are not allowed, or has some similar restriction about visitors, then scratch that one off your list. If it does not explicitly state it, then mention to the host that you will have local friends dropping by and you want to make sure that’s okay. Often times, some hosts are not okay with overnight guests who do not pay. But technically, if it’s not included in the House Rules, it should not be an issue. Also, always book for at least 2 persons, not just for yourself. I just wouldn’t book a place without the host knowing upfront that I may have a local guest — because I don’t want an issue during the stay or afterwards (an unfavorable guest review). 

I own a rental property that is often used on AirBnB and I don’t allow guests other than those registered. So it’s best to look for the House Rules abd ask the host directly. 

Yes, thanks...I do these things. I was just looking for specific units that people have stayed in that allow.

2 hours ago, topjohn5 said:

Yes, thanks...I do these things. I was just looking for specific units that people have stayed in that allow.

You live in Mexico...you know the only consistent thing is inconsistency , lol

What was doesn't mean it will be the next time. That's why I don't recommend airbnb's , I have doubts when returning and usually have a plan B in my pocket just in case.....

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

You live in Mexico...you know the only consistent thing is inconsistency , lol

What was doesn't mean it will be the next time. That's why I don't recommend airbnb's , I have doubts when returning and usually have a plan B in my pocket just in case.....

That's for sure but more consistent than Thailand and Cambodia where I lived and worked for 10 years, lol.