18past19

PrEParations

3 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

Second dose of Jynneos - checked!

Descovy to be started two weeks ahead - checked!

I am still as much excited as i was for my very first trip to the LOS. 

dont forget doxycycline- prep / doxy-PEP. 

6 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

Perhaps metronidazole too?

probably any full spectrum will do.  doxy is the one studies, i used cyprofloxin in colombia.

oh, I also take tadalafil and sildenafil for those difficult nights...

You think probiotics might help? I’ve taken many antibiotics over the years in Thailand and regret not taking the probiotics till now. In theory it makes sense to replace lost bacteria with healthy kind. The brand I took with me has like 40 billion bacteria or whatever the critters are in it. Don’t understand how they all fit.

Quick question - do you take prep daily, or do you take it as needed? I've been meaning to go on prep but I don't know whether it would be worth going on the daily prep as I hardly ever get any action here in my home country, or just use it as needed whilst I am in Thailand.. there is like a holiday dosage, I forget how it works but it was explained to me by my GP.

6 hours ago, ichigo said:

Quick question - do you take prep daily, or do you take it as needed?

Since there is no risk exposure, i dont take prep at home. 

On my most recent visit to the LOS, I ended up with PEP. It could have been considered a minimal risk, but for the peace of my mind, i decided to take it.

So to avoid similar mistake, this time, i decided to take PrEP and i have started taking it. the recommendation is to start two weeks prior to the expected risk.  

There is also “on demand” PrEP if you dont want daily PrEP. It is usually called 2-1-1 schedule. the effectiveness is not as good as daily prep and it is not approved by US FDA.  but it is being widely used. 

3 hours ago, 18past19 said:

Since there is no risk exposure, i dont take prep at home. 

On my most recent visit to the LOS, I ended up with PEP. It could have been considered a minimal risk, but for the peace of my mind, i decided to take it.

So to avoid similar mistake, this time, i decided to take PrEP and i have started taking it. the recommendation is to start two weeks prior to the expected risk.  

There is also “on demand” PrEP if you dont want daily PrEP. It is usually called 2-1-1 schedule. the effectiveness is not as good as daily prep and it is not approved by US FDA.  but it is being widely used. 

Great, thank you!

15 hours ago, ichigo said:

Quick question - do you take prep daily, or do you take it as needed? I've been meaning to go on prep but I don't know whether it would be worth going on the daily prep as I hardly ever get any action here in my home country, or just use it as needed whilst I am in Thailand.. there is like a holiday dosage, I forget how it works but it was explained to me by my GP.

I take it daily when I am traveling and being a slut.  at home only on demand... 2-1-1.

15 hours ago, Shonen said:

You think probiotics might help? I’ve taken many antibiotics over the years in Thailand and regret not taking the probiotics till now. In theory it makes sense to replace lost bacteria with healthy kind. The brand I took with me has like 40 billion bacteria or whatever the critters are in it. Don’t understand how they all fit.

can't hurt... helps after a series of anti-biotics (or coloscopy)  to reload your gut.  but it will NOT help with a biotic infection of your mouth, cock or ass.

22 hours ago, floridarob said:

I'm a believer that frequent antibiotic use isn't good for the body. Antibiotic resistance and hurting the microbiome and the ecosystem of healthy bacteria in the gut.......most of the times, my results have been negative when I thought perhaps otherwise.

I agree, but they still commonly give it out for acne.  and I only do it on vacation.

15 hours ago, Shonen said:

Very occasionally I take a double dose of antibiotics for a digestive condition. At Bumrungrad Hospital I was never given any suggestion about taking probiotics thereafter, When I moved to BNH, that was almost the first thing the doctor mentioned. A course of probiotics is essential, he said, after a course of antibiotics for gut treatment. Now I always take them.

I would think a good doctor would recommend probiotics after taking antibiotics. My primary doctor would never think of telling me such. In fact I obtained the Shingrex vaccine for my shingles on my own and it’s been very effective.

I guess most doctors are just react to symptoms, after problems have started. I think it’s imperative to be proactive and as knowledgeable as possible with one’s health. Many aren’t though.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:29 PM, PeterRS said:

Very occasionally I take a double dose of antibiotics for a digestive condition. At Bumrungrad Hospital I was never given any suggestion about taking probiotics thereafter, When I moved to BNH, that was almost the first thing the doctor mentioned. A course of probiotics is essential, he said, after a course of antibiotics for gut treatment. Now I always take them.

previously doctors had recommended me to eat active yogurt after antibiotics...

5 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Taking antibiotics without a bacterial infection ain't a good idea, just destroys your gut microbiome. Unless there's a real threat to one's health. Even so stack up on natural probiotics and eat healthy food; Good luck :)

100% agree with you. 

few cases, I either drunk or forgot to take PrEP, next day I normally take a combination of ciprofloxacin and doxycycline. 

13 hours ago, nikba2515 said:

100% agree with you. 

few cases, I either drunk or forgot to take PrEP, next day I normally take a combination of ciprofloxacin and doxycycline. 

Taking PrEP is a priority for your health's sake, everything else is of secondary consideration. Do you take Cipro and Doxy everyday ?

• Members

Let’s say, hypothetically of course, that an American citizens was planning to spend 6 months in RJ next year and that this particular American citizen takes PrEP which is prescribed to him by his doctor in 90 day increments so the Rx will need to be refilled at least once but probably twice during the 6 month stay.

Minhas perguntas para vocês:

1. The gorgeous 25 year old that this American citizen will be be spending most of his time with says he gets his Rx for free by going to a public health clinic in RJ and telling the doctors there that he has sex with other men.  Gorgeous-25-year-old sees no reason why non-gorgeous-40-year-old-American can’t just come with him and also get free PrEP too from the clinic.

Could one of the esteemed members of the board confirm that Brazil will not actually in fact give PrEP - which is a rather expensive drug - to an American in the country on a tourist visa for free?

2. Is planning a mid-stay return trip to the States probably the best way to go about getting the Rx refilled?  Other factors will probably make at least one return trip necessary anyway so this is definitely an option too.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Novarunner said:

Let’s say, hypothetically of course, that an American citizens was planning to spend 6 months in RJ next year and that this particular American citizen takes PrEP which is prescribed to him by his doctor in 90 day increments so the Rx will need to be refilled at least once but probably twice during the 6 month stay.

Minhas perguntas para vocês:

1. The gorgeous 25 year old that this American citizen will be be spending most of his time with says he gets his Rx for free by going to a public health clinic in RJ and telling the doctors there that he has sex with other men.  Gorgeous-25-year-old sees no reason why non-gorgeous-40-year-old-American can’t just come with him and also get free PrEP too from the clinic.

Could one of the esteemed members of the board confirm that Brazil will not actually in fact give PrEP - which is a rather expensive drug - to an American in the country on a tourist visa for free?

2. Is planning a mid-stay return trip to the States probably the best way to go about getting the Rx refilled?  Other factors will probably make at least one return trip necessary anyway so this is definitely an option too.

Ughh… I thought I was posting in the Latin America forum.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Taking PrEP is a priority for your health's sake, everything else is of secondary consideration. Do you take Cipro and Doxy everyday ?

Only when I forgot to take PrEP or couldn’t remember if I did it or not, then I take those medicines immediately or the next day if I’m not drunk. 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:23 PM, nikba2515 said:

Only when I forgot to take PrEP or couldn’t remember if I did it or not, then I take those medicines immediately or the next day if I’m not drunk. 

Sorry, i dont understand your reasoning. Do u mean if u forgot to take doxy-prep?