reader

The worsening trend of Brits unable to pay their bills in Thailand

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

To answer your question if that affected me  I'd buy refundable ticket out of Thailand right in airport and returned it for  a refund later

So to take my example, you are at Sydney airport checking in on a first class ticket approx. 90 minutes prior to departure. You are denied a boarding pass without proof of a ticket out of Thailand. Never having encountered this ruling before and having entered Thailand more than 50 times without an outward ticket, given that time frame before that flight closes, where can you obtain a ticket out of Thailand with sufficient time to do so and still return to the check-in desk and still make the flight? As you will be well aware, check-in desks are often quite far from ticket sales counters. And these may well have queues. You'd find it very difficult if not near impossible in that time frame.

9 hours ago, 10tazione said:

What do you mean? Why should this make a difference?

Fair point! BA's 747s  then had only 12 or 14 first class seats. I meant merely that check-in procedures for long international fights are usually far simpler and if there is a queue it will usually be just one or two people in front of you. So you check in later and if there is a problem you have very litle time to sort it out.