Guest irish1972

Work Permit

Guest irish1972

I received my Visa last week which allows me to stay in Thailand for 60 Days before having to renew it. My question is how long does it take to set up a company with a work permit included, or if I buy a company with a work permit included does that transfer to me?

Thanks

Kevin

My question is how long does it take to set up a company with a work permit included, or if I buy a company with a work permit included does that transfer to me?

First, work permits do not transfer. They are issued to individuals, not companies. A work permit transferring would be the same a driver's license transferring. It doesn't work that way.

As far as obtaining a work permit, if you have never done that before I suggest consulting a Thai attorney. You're not going to get reliable information on a message board.

If you have a 60-day visa, what you have is a tourist visa. You can't get a work permit at all with a tourist visa. You might be able to change your visa type at the Immigration office, without having to leave Thailand and apply for the appropriate visa, but that would be for fee. You really need an attorney for what you're trying to do.

May I ask what kind of work or what kind of company you're thinking about buying?

Guest irish1972
May I ask what kind of work or what kind of company you're thinking about buying?

Hi GB, I sent you a pm about this, not sure if you got it as I can see no record of it being sent now?

Anyhow, I will make contact with you when I arrive and and would love to have a beer/coffee and fill you in on my plans.

Kevin

Guest Patexpat

It's not just about having the right visa - for a work permit and corresponding visa you also need to show that you employ 4 Thai nationals - and they WILL come and check on this for the initial application ..... they have been checking quite assiduously since mid-2008.