CallMeLee

First Trip Report: Bangkok September 2023

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I got it but it looks is not going to happen. For this fall I put strict price limit on airfare I'm willing to pay and unfortunately nothing is even coming close. 

Rest assured , still trying as one never knows. 

Make sure to visit new SOL bar and yes , report your findings please

what is the new SOL bar ?  Is that a new boy bar in Silom area?

3 hours ago, TomNg said:

what is the new SOL bar ?  Is that a new boy bar in Silom area?

Thank you making my point about the pointlessness of having a separate "Gay Thailand Businesses" section which is missed by most readers, viewers and visitors. It is often overlooked; even by someone like you who has been on this site for eight years...

An excellent thread, but many casual visitors will miss it since most never realise that there is a separate "Gay Thailand Businesses" section. I have never really understood the logic of that. You do, after all, have people posting about visits to massage parlours in the Gay Thailand section as well as massage place reviews here. There is no natural division.

This thread would probably sit more sensibly in the Gay Thailand section, particularly since you have had people adding in what are essentially trip report notes rather than actual Comings and Goings of Bangkok venues. Besides, it would definitely be of broad and general interest.

Nice to see the old Dream Boy site coming back to life. I miss having my view blocked by that giant pillar.

SOL is indeed a new bar that has opened in the old Dream Boy location.

1 hour ago, CallMeLee said:

There's already a short queue when I arrived. Had a pleasant chat with another travelling lone wolf while waiting for the place to open. Decided that we'll share and split the bill so we can order more. We were so committed to stay in the queue that we had coffee delivered via grabfood while waiting! Overall, the food was worth the wait. 

What time did you get to JF, and how long did you have to wait before being seated? They've stopped taking reservations, I hear.

• Members
10 hours ago, vinapu said:

I got it but it looks is not going to happen. For this fall I put strict price limit on airfare I'm willing to pay and unfortunately nothing is even coming close. 

Rest assured , still trying as one never knows. 

Make sure to visit new SOL bar and yes , report your findings please

What's your price limit on the airfare?

And price limit on boy tip as well?

25 minutes ago, scott456 said:

What's your price limit on the airfare?

And price limit on boy tip as well?

1150 USD, applicable till mid Nov 2023  

as for boy it depends of him but theoretically it would be whatever I have on me on that  day I meet him.

Practically so far never more than 5000.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

as for anxiety related to guards don't forget what oils everything and 100 baht tip on day 1 or 2  does the trick. The same goes with cleaning ladies. As matter of policy I never leave those tips until departure, rather prefer to do it up front

I did a similar thing but hesitated to give out cash because the airbnb place is not a hospitality establishment (yes, I'm an overthinker!). 

So what I did is order a small extra for the guards when I have food delivered. Usually a cold bottled drinks or packet of snacks. They seem to appreciate it.

• Members
7 hours ago, vinapu said:

as for anxiety related to guards don't forget what oils everything and 100 baht tip on day 1 or 2  does the trick. The same goes with cleaning ladies. As matter of policy I never leave those tips until departure

That is not tipping, that's bribing.