unicorn

Time for discretion?

• Members

When I walked my dog into the park today, I noticed a car going into the parking lot with a menorah on the hood of the car with the words "Happy Hanukkah" in big letters. Given all of the hostilities and crazy people around, that seemed rather foolhardy to me. I mean, most people can recognize that just because one in Jewish doesn't mean one is a supporter of Netanyahu, and just because one is Muslim or Arab or even Palestinian doesn't mean one is a supporter of Hamas. That being said, it just takes one nutcase to get into a powder-keg situation. It reminded me of those Palestinian students in New Hampshire who got attacked while wearing Palestinian head wraps. Yes, in an ideal world, it shouldn't be a problem. But don't people understand that it only takes one nut-case for disaster to strike? Of course, the Palestinian students should have been able to wear what they wanted without getting attacked. But was it wise to put themselves out there? Or are these people trying to pick a fight? Wouldn't you think this is a time to lay low? We're going to Qatar next month, and will leave our rainbow flags at home, thank you.