TotallyOz

Ex-Boyfriends and Lovers in Gay Thailand

Boyfriends and Exes are often a problem everywhere but especially in Thailand. When one understands that it is mostly business on the Thai's part, they often let aside the emotional attachments that happen in other places.

Last night I was having dinner with some friends at a bar in Pattaya. I was talking to a guy from New York and he wanted to know about a boy we saw working as a doorman. I told him the guy was great, a true gay boy, fun in bed and totally versatile. I told him that few guys in Pattaya would be able to get better head than from this doorman. He thanked me for the advice as I gave the young man my highest recommendations. He asked if I had been with him many times and I told him that he lived with me for 9 months last year. "And you are OK if I go with him?" he asked. I told him that I was not only OK with it but that I know the guy needs money and it would be very good for both of them. We got into a conversation about Ex-boyfriends and when it is appropriate to date someone else's. I explained to him that it was business and when they are working, they should be able to go with anyone they want without retribution from a ex boyfriend Farang.

It seems that most Thai boys agree with me but few Farangs agree with me. As we had the conversation another boy walked over and gave him a kiss on the check. He was the ex of a friend of mine. I asked him where my friend was and he said that he didn't know. He said he was now working again at a gogo bar and that it was his 2nd night on the job. The first night he went with a customer that was a bad experience. I wanted to see the boy happy so I gave him 2k baht and told him that he could be more picky with who he goes with and did not have to go with anyone he didn't want to go with. He was happy with that and said he wanted to stay with me for a few days. I agreed and told him that I would take him with me but not willing to pay the off fee for the bar for 2 weeks as he just started and if he wanted he could pay them the fee out of the money I will give him or pocket it. It was up to him. I also told him there would be no sex during this trial period and that I wanted him to talk with my friend more and if they got back together that it was OK with me and I would not be upset. He seemed happy with the proposition. Perhaps he was just happy that he was getting paid a 2 week vacation?

He went to talk to the bar and my friends I was sitting with told me how stupid I was. I really thought I was doing a good thing. I find the boy very sexy and sweet. I also am not willing to loose a friend over him. Naturally, I wrote to my friend to see if he was upset and told him that I would back away if he wanted.

Am I crazy? Did I do something that was insulting to either party? If a guy is working, what are the boundaries if you know they dated someone you knew? What if it is just someone that was with them one time? One week? One month?

Guest Hedda

Some folks collect antiques or stamps; you apparently have decided to collect Thais, be they addicts, HIV sufferers, exploited maids, ex-lovers, former tricks or the friends thereof. Obviously, that's your prerogative and business, until you keep posting stories about it. That invites some response.

Assuming that you are rich enough to finance this brand of social philantrophy, which some might mistake for old fashioned noblesse oblige, you still run the danger of becoming emotionally exhausted or bankrupt when the folks in whom you invest all the time and concern do not seem to appreciate the efforts. That will lead inevitably to a feeling that you are only being used by people for your money and little else. It may also cause you to look stupid to people who don't share your concerns.

At the risk of sounding cynical, may I suggest that a lot of the folks you feel so sorry for, may well interpret your acts of kindness as either the mark of a fool or an attempt to buy them for some selfish motive. Unless you are Mother Teresa, prepared to renounce passion and the vanities of the world, you could find yourself straddled with a reputation for being an easy hit for anyone who needs money or a place to crash. If you like that image, go for it.

You may want to consider pulling that thread you started looking for a big house to rent, and settle on a small hotel. You're going to need one the way you're going.

You may want to consider pulling that thread you started looking for a big house to rent, and settle on a small hotel. You're going to need one the way you're going.

LOL. Thank you so much. I have not laughed so hard in ages. I don't disagree with anything you said. I live life for each day and love the pursuit of happiness. Your thread today put me on that path early. Thank you!

I have seen this guy walking around Pattaya with 4,5 or 6 guys in tow. I think this is simply loathsome. Why be so ostentatious and flamboyant? Like anyone needs more than one or two guys living with him. People are laughing behind your back at every turn. If you are trying to buy love, it will not happen the way you are doing it. If you are trying to buy friends, why not pick some you can converse with? Get a life GayThailand!

:lol: Get a life ? Man if you only knew.... Don't know anyone else in the whole world who enjoy his life better than he does.

I envy GayThailand for having 4,5 or 6 guys in tow, at least he does not get bored, not like some other people.

And one important thing : Those guys are much better treated than many of them out there. What's bad about that? Nothing.

We should be thankful to have Foreigners taking good care of those guys. Cause just to remind you, they still bend down their knees when you need them too.

Many are jealous of those beautiful guys following this big man. I have one thing to say, change the attitude and you might just get as lucky......

:ph34r:

Guest catawampuscat

Peter Pee

You are loathsome..You use the man's free forum and attack the administrator, hiding behing your anonymous handle.. Since you know the man, you know he has the biggest heart in town and lives life to its fullest at all times..

If a person can afford to have many boys and has the desire, who are you to set the standards of what is the right number of boys and where you get off assuming he is buying love.. He is not a fool and only a fool would even think that one can buy love.. You couldn't pay me enough to be your friend and should stop being envious and spiteful.. How do you know the language level of his friends, you presume too much and are a cowardly troll...

Guest ear wig

I have seen this guy walking around Pattaya with 4,5 or 6 guys in tow. I think this is simply loathsome. Why be so ostentatious and flamboyant? Like anyone needs more than one or two guys living with him. People are laughing behind your back at every turn. If you are trying to buy love, it will not happen the way you are doing it. If you are trying to buy friends, why not pick some you can converse with? Get a life GayThailand!

The Post you have been waiting for?

If you look closely some boyz are cut and dried for a good reason???

Yes I know exactly where your coming from, to have your small family around you is a wonderful thing in the land of dreams, if you can afford to mother some young guys knowing they are replacing you as there mother and father or your bank balance, you are in no way living in a fantasy, because you get what you want from the situation and he gets what he says he wants.....

Its a business deal and if a boy is offering himself to be plied for off, working as a Door man at a bar, the long time farang is stupid to let him do it, unless there is a very good reason why.

He will tell you if he is not happy with the situation he finds him self in, no one owns any one in the land of plenty, and its like any business deal, if you both agree and shake hands on the deal he is your for the day or for ever, but if he is a young guy who likes a long time farang always as you seemed to do, try to find out the circumstances surrounding the boy, as he may not be all you dream he would be..................be safe and be careful not all guyz on offer are playing the game you want, some are more controlled by out side lovers, you may not know about and it becomes a total waste of time and money in the end.

Good luck to you, your a good man, Im sure you have done the right thing, in slowly finding your way to all his problems and putting him in the decontamination area first???