Guest NorthStar

Rumours of a coup in Thailand exaggerated

Guest NorthStar

His Majesty continues to rule the hearts and minds of the Thai people.

Immigration oficials in the UK have neither confirmed nor denied whether Mr. Thaksin sought asylum on landing on British soil. Neither have they stated whether a 30 day tourist visa was granted and whether Mr. Thaksin would require to visit neighbouring countries to extend his stay. Neither was any statement made about any limmit on the number of such visa runs.

It is believed Mr. Thaksin's property on UK soil is held freehold but if it is in a condominium there is no requirement that it be 51% owned by UK subjects.

Should he decide to visit local facilities and attractions, despite his enormous wealth, he will be charged the same price as everyone else.

More tea, dear?

Guest NorthStar

Readers with ADSL may be amused by the BBC's Radio 4 "News Quiz" item on the coup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/newsquiz.shtml

Click "Listen Again" on this page, then click 1min Fast Forward four times. The Item is 4mins 46 seconds in.

Those with slower connections may find it "jerky".

As I was driving to work in Central London yesterday, I saw a police motorcade coming towards me, with seveal cycle cops in the vanguard. I thought "Must be Thaksin", so I wound my window down hoping to wave my yellow wristband in this face. However, it turned out to be our own unsmiling Pricess Royal.

Just as well I didn't do the wrist waving, I thought later, I might have been thought to be Brazillian and taken out by a sniper!

Excitng times.

Readers with ADSL may be amused by the BBC's Radio 4 "News Quiz" item on the coup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/newsquiz.shtml

Click "Listen Again" on this page, then click 1min Fast Forward four times. The Item is 4mins 46 seconds in.

I wanted to try listening, but you need to provide more information. When I hit the "Listen Again," at least 300 possible listen again choices popped up. Which one is the one to click?

Guest NorthStar

I wanted to try listening, but you need to provide more information. When I hit the "Listen Again," at least 300 possible listen again choices popped up. Which one is the one to click?

If you click the URL shown you should get "The News Quiz" Home Page.

This has four columns. The second item in the second column is captioned "Listen Again". If you click "Hear the Latest Show" it brings up their "Listen Again" pop-up already set tp play "The News Quiz".

There will be some delay before the play starts and the programme it is set to play is not shown on the menu on the left of this pop-up.

I recommend waiting till play starts before clicking the 1 minute fast forward button four times.

HTH - It's worth the effort IMNSHO.