Gaybutton

Maybe Some Bars Are Finally Catching On

I was having a look at Gay Romeo today. The Dynamite go-go bar (Pattayaland, Soi 1) placed an ad stating that they are starting a promotion. From 8:30pm to 10:30pm all drinks are 100 baht. Compared to other bars in Pattayaland, that's a good offer. Nothing was said about their price for drinks after 10:30pm, but it would be nice if some of these bars finally figure out that it they want to attract farang customers, then they need to offer more attractive prices and incentives.

The ad also says they are offering other promotions, but nothing was said about what those promotions are.

Guest taylorsquare

I think your right,bars need to be more competetive and promotions like this are good.

I paid 160 baht for a coke in LUCKY777 only to be constantly hounded by the mamasan.

I paid 200 baht for a coke at CARTIER BOYS GO GO in Soi Bukhow with 3 bored looking guys on stage not wanting to be there.

I firmly believe its no good being greedy when running a business.

I would rather sell 10 beers at 70 baht than 2 at 100baht.

Hopefully that's the sort of thing they will be able to do. Once people become aware of their reduced prices, what I'm hoping is that their customer numbers will dramatically increase. If that happens, then other bars are much more likely to do as Dynamite is doing in order to remain attractive and competitive.

I know I would be in Pattayaland much more often if the bars would bring down their prices.

Guest joseph44

Absolutely. Raising your prices because of the lack of customers is a typical sign of lack of business intuition, but it seems to be easier than being creative and think of incentives, actions, promotions.