Olddaddy

The Tartawan

I will check out the Tartawan on my visit today 

Around the 1700b mark a night on most apps 

Interestingly on their own website they have a members discount for 2400😳

Yes I agree 

So my first time in Bangkok in 8 years 

Where is the gay areas ,still opposite the Tartawan ?

And balcony pub?

18 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Where is the gay areas ,still opposite the Tartawan ?

If you mean the other side of Surawong., there are none.

If you turned right at the end of the driveway to Tarntawan Hotel, you'll pass by a series of mixed massage shops before arriving at entrance to Patpong. There are five gay venues on Patpong 2.

If you turned left at end of driveway, you pass large 7-Eleven. Turn left after 7-Eleven and you're on Soi Tarntawan (home of currently closed Tawan bar). Continue to the end and you'll find Prime Massage at the dogleg turn onto Silom Soi 6. If you continue down Soi 6 toward Silom rd. you'll pass by a half-dozen all-male massage shops.

25 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

And balcony pub?

Where it's always been on Silom Soi 4.

I just found out there gone !

It's a construction site 😁 

So it's Silom 4 , I will have to get a Grab/bolt as I don't know where that is 

Ha ha just got a grab mb , boy was handsome and got his Line number 

I found it 😁 

It's not very busy right now though

One beer in Balcony 190 baht  but it's a big beer 🍻 🍻 IMG20240509192137.thumb.jpg.5304aa2728dec0d729bbdf9e0f0d55d2.jpg

Tartawan has some positive and negatives 

Now silly me thought all the gay bars were still opposite,turned out to be a construction site 😁 

So I had to get a Grab 🛵 to Silom 4 

But I love the location close to Lumpini park 

Now the price ranges from 1700 a night all the way to 2600

Don't be as silly as me and a price on Agoda , so cheap at 1200 baht  for 5 minutes only and drop your phone trying to click the ok button only to see after taxes and booking fees etc the final price was still 1750 baht !😄

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Don't you have legs?  It, s just short and interesting walk there from Tarntawan with big chance of catching somebody, s eye

I had no idea 

3 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

By any chance have you heard of the State-of-the-art phone app called Google Map? Many members of this board have successfully found even the most out-of-the-way bars and massage parlours using it, without speaking the local language, in pouring rain and in the middle of the night too.

I couldn't be bothered walking when it's 30 baht for a motorbike ,trying to get across crowded streets ,dodging traffic 🚦etc ,better to arrive fresh in 5 minutes 

11 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I couldn't be bothered walking when it's 30 baht for a motorbike ,trying to get across crowded streets ,dodging traffic 🚦etc ,better to arrive fresh in 5 minutes 

from Tarntawan to Soi 4....no streets to cross, I feel sorry for the motorbike.

32 minutes ago, floridarob said:

from Tarntawan to Soi 4....no streets to cross, I feel sorry for the motorbike.

Not sure if your trying to be a smart arse or funny ?

There is streets to cross actually and traffic to dodge especially at 7pm at night 

I wouldn't feel sorry for him he got a good cash  tip on top of the fare 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, Olddaddy said:

You haven't figured this out yet?

On 5/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, Olddaddy said:

There is streets to cross actually and traffic to dodge especially at 7pm at night 

Nothing more than a driveway.....could even go left out of the hotel driveway and walk by all the massage shops on Soi 6 to Silom and straight up to Soi 4.....

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/119+The+Tarntawan+Hotel+Surawong,+5-10+Surawong+Rd,+Suriya+Wong,+Bang+Rak,+Bangkok+10500,+Thailand/Circus+Silom+Soi+4,+Silom+4th+Alley,+Silom,+Bang+Rak,+Bangkok,+Thailand/@13.7287376,100.5301321,18z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e29f2b57bbee03:0xfa3b367451a711f4!2m2!1d100.5302745!2d13.7291749!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e29f63da81c955:0xf8036748d5d8aa36!2m2!1d100.532753!2d13.728626!3e2!5i1?entry=ttu

On 5/14/2024 at 4:38 AM, Olddaddy said:

I wouldn't feel sorry for him he got a good cash  tip on top of the fare 

Surely you turn right out of Tarntawan, up Surawong,  right down Patpong to Silom, left and you're there? No traffic, and eye candy on way...

And @Olddaddy's adventure doesn't even hold a candle to that of a friend of mine. She has a PhD too ( don't know if olddaddy has a PhD). She wanted to get from her hotel to a restaurant. Hailed a taxi from the hotel and was driven there. It was a short ride though there were a few traffic lights. After lunch, she asked the restaurant captain to help her get a taxi back to her hotel. Captain asked her which hotel she was going back to. She gave him its name. He said, "ma'am, it's on the same block, just round the corner to your right. You can walk back in 3 minutes."

On 5/19/2024 at 8:39 PM, macaroni21 said:

And @Olddaddy's adventure doesn't even hold a candle to that of a friend of mine. She has a PhD too ( don't know if olddaddy has a PhD). 

There are many university professors who are quite dum , apart from their field of expertise.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

There are many university professors who are quite dum , apart from their field of expertise.

Indeed. In the old days, 40 years ago, I visited Tokyo for the first time. At that time, little English was spoken,  and almost all signs were only in Japanese.  As others know, Tokyo has few street names. I stayed near the Central station. So  I took a taxi, who was good enough to take quite a long route. When I got to my destination, I discovered  that I was on the other side of the station! My excuse was that this was my first visit, and Tokyo  was a very confusing place! I also like maps, this is pre smartphones, so that is how I worked out where I was. I did walk back to the hotel.

Also in the early days, I went to a meeting in Tokyo by taxi. We arrived, I thought, and the driver pointed  out the building.  Fine, except  that it wasn't the building,  he was lost! See comment  about no street names. Being Japanese,  the driver could not admit that he was lost. Luckily, had map, again, and found public phone (remember those), and could contact clients.  Subsequently, I learnt to use the excellent subway system, and always used that!