Guest lvdkeyes

Gay Trivia

Guest lvdkeyes

Without looking it up on the Internet can anyone name the film in which the first male-to-male, lips-on-lips kiss happened?

More than 75 years old? Hmmmm, it could have been a silent movie or a movie that came out before the puritans started censoring content. I won't cheat and look on the Internet for it, but I can't think of a movie in that time period that had a male-to-male kissing scene. If I'm going to figure it out without cheating, then I'm going to need more of a hint, like who was in it.

Guest fountainhall

Nooooo! I was SURE it was Sunday Bloody Sunday! And that was such a good film, with a wonderful soundtrack which included the gorgeous Trio from Act 1 of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte.

Guest lvdkeyes

The movie is Wings which was the first Oscar winning movie in 1927. I would never had know this either. I just stumbled on this piece of trivia when I was looking to see if it is available on DVD. It is not available for purchase, but I am downloading it. It is taking forever, but when it is finished I will have all the Oscar winners in my collection.

Never heard of the movie or the actors.

But....and not just trying to be the contrarian.....I watched the clip a couple of times and I don't view this as a "lips on lips" kiss at all. The one guy, realizing he's about to lose a compatriot or close friend, kisses the guy on the cheek near the left side of the wounded guy's mouth and the wounded guy certainly didn't reciprocate.

No big deal....but this doesn't look like an Broke Back Mountain moment.

Never heard of the movie or the actors.

But....and not just trying to be the contrarian.....I watched the clip a couple of times and I don't view this as a "lips on lips" kiss at all. The one guy, realizing he's about to lose a compatriot or close friend, kisses the guy on the cheek near the left side of the wounded guy's mouth and the wounded guy certainly didn't reciprocate.

No big deal....but this doesn't look like an Broke Back Mountain moment.

Bob, have you no romance in your heart? Maybe it wasn't a French kiss but it was enough! In addition the caressing of each other suggested there friendship perhaps bordered on love. I would like to see the entire film but too lazy to download.

Probably then, as now, many in the film world were gay and wanted to express it in this scene? I do recall my parents telling me how wonderful this movie was even though it was many years before my time. They also said it had a music sound track, so not so silent.

Guest lvdkeyes

Wings finally finished downloading after nearly 3 weeks. Now I have all the Oscar winning movies in my collection. :rolleyes: