12is12

Manila - venues?

Doea anyone has anything (pro or con) to say about Club Bath and Sunkissed Spa?

Is there a sleazy action cinema at Isetan Complex?

Any other venues?

I've seen online more venues towards or in Quezon City, but that's too far from Makati and the old city.

Pre-Covid I was a regular visitor to Club Bath and thoroughly enjoyed myself in every area of the building. I haven't been back since the pandemic but I have been told that visitors now need to show proof of Covid vax to gain entry. Is this still the case? If so, that's me scuppered.

7 hours ago, Guymac said:

Pre-Covid I was a regular visitor to Club Bath and thoroughly enjoyed myself in every area of the building. I haven't been back since the pandemic but I have been told that visitors now need to show proof of Covid vax to gain entry. Is this still the case? If so, that's me scuppered.

No 

I was recently in Manila last month I had no one ask anything about Covid 

I will be going back in a few months so hopefully can do a report

14 hours ago, Guymac said:

I haven't been back to Manila in years, and I don't have first-hand information to answer your question, but Club Bath has a website (https://www.clubbath.com.ph/) and if you go to their FAQ page, it's very prominently stated their requirement for a vaccination certificate. It could be out of date (website not updated) but there's no knowing that unless someone has personally visited.

That said, I have never held high opinions of Filipino facilities (main reason why I haven't been back recently). Perhaps I have been spoilt by what's available in Thailand, but the FIlipino places are usually basic and in need of upkeep. Club Bath, for example, does not even have a bath - neither pool nor jacuzzi.

Shameless Mack blog has a few good blogs on Manila venues from 2019

I have no idea how to put the links up though to the Manila section ,but well worth a read .

2 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Would u pls post the link to the blog...

No disrespect meant, but in this business - isnt 5 years too long?

Wasn't the info....I found the blog funny 🤣 especially asking if there was food codes for sex ..I know I don't make sense ,you'll have to read that part of the blog! 😁I love shameless Mack , unfortunately he left me for a few years

6 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

I haven't been back to Manila in years, and I don't have first-hand information to answer your question, but Club Bath has a website (https://www.clubbath.com.ph/) and if you go to their FAQ page, it's very prominently stated their requirement for a vaccination certificate. It could be out of date (website not updated) but there's no knowing that unless someone has personally visited.

That said, I have never held high opinions of Filipino facilities (main reason why I haven't been back recently). Perhaps I have been spoilt by what's available in Thailand, but the FIlipino places are usually basic and in need of upkeep. Club Bath, for example, does not even have a bath - neither pool nor jacuzzi.

Yes I am aware of what is says on the website. However, having lived in Asia for more than 15 years, I am very familiar with the lax management of online platforms so I thought I'd ask those with their feet on the ground to see if any of these "requirements" are actually carried out.

4 hours ago, Travelingguy said:

Perhaps they should call it Club Shower.  This is assuming that there is a shower somewhere.  Oh well, in a pinch, a hose hooked up to a spigot in a corner will do.

To be honest, I hadn't even considered the lack of a bath as a bath is not what I go there for!

Yes, there are perfectly decent showers at Club Bath (better than most Thai massage places I have been) as well as a large and modern dark steam room - complete with private areas - a couple of outdoor smoking areas, private cabins, a TV room, gym (again I don't go for a gym workout), glory holes and a rooftop garden area as well as the cruising corridors/maze. 

It's been about five years since I was last there so can't vouch for it in 2024...