thank you in advance B) <Kurt

Guest travelerjim

Can anyone recommend a taxi-service from the Airport to Jomtien on

08/11/10 (we are 3) then please give email-address and mobile phone

thank you in advance B) <Kurt

What is your arrival time?

tj

Guest lvdkeyes

With that arrival time the cheapest would be Bell Travel Service, but I doubt if you could make their 1200 bus and would have to wait until 1400. They charge 200 baht per person door to door. Otherwise you can just go to the public taxi stand. I think the rate is 1400 baht to Jomtien.

With that arrival time the cheapest would be Bell Travel Service, but I doubt if you could make their 1200 bus and would have to wait until 1400. They charge 200 baht per person door to door. Otherwise you can just go to the public taxi stand. I think the rate is 1400 baht to Jomtien.

I suggest Bell Service as well... if your flight will landing at 11-30, then you will have exit from custom's zone about 12-30 or even 13-00... just proceed to first floor and you will find boy with "Bell Service" plate inside building near exit #8, as well all bus-companies are there...

Bell with "door to door" service is the best, but there are bus to Jomtien from another company at 13-00...

Guest beachlover

Door to door taxi would be better... unless the OP wants to spend an extra 60 mins in travel time (waiting and transferring) to save 600-800 baht.

Can't recommend any specific taxi service. But if you go up to the departures level and grab one of the incoming meter taxi there you can usually negotiate them down to 800-900 baht for Pattaya. Be quick with negotiating. The airport security might blow their whistles at you and tell you to move on (taxis aren't supposed to pick up there) but if you ignore them and get moving quickly nothing will happen.

Door to door taxi would be better... unless the OP wants to spend an extra 60 mins in travel time (waiting and transferring) to save 600-800 baht.

Can't recommend any specific taxi service. But if you go up to the departures level and grab one of the incoming meter taxi there you can usually negotiate them down to 800-900 baht for Pattaya. Be quick with negotiating. The airport security might blow their whistles at you and tell you to move on (taxis aren't supposed to pick up there) but if you ignore them and get moving quickly nothing will happen.

Maybe we will try this way, good tipp :rolleyes: thank you <Kurt

But if you go up to the departures level and grab one of the incoming meter taxi there you can usually negotiate them down to 800-900 baht for Pattaya.

Not sure what security is like there now, but it certainly used to be quite easy to grab one that had just dropped off it passengers.

Guest beachlover

I did it a couple of months ago, no problem. I usually do it to grab a taxi to get to my hotel in downtown Bangkok but you can grab a taxi for Pattaya here as well.

The important thing is don't get unnerved by the security guy blowing his whistle and yelling at you. Just ignore him. Calmly but quickly complete your negotiations with the driver, jump in and go. I've never heard of security actually stopping you from doing that. .. Just don't take too long or he will actually walk up to you, which might be unpleasant.

It beats waiting 5-10 mins in the stupid line on the arrivals floor. The processing desk for the meter taxis there is so stupid. They can see a massive line of 20-30+ (more?) weary taxi drivers lining up to get their passenger along with a long line of passengers waiting to get a cab, yet, they seem to have no awareness that they are the bottleneck for all these people... no sense of urgency at all... just diddle along and process each passenger slowly.

:D

I did it a couple of months ago, no problem. I usually do it to grab a taxi to get to my hotel in downtown Bangkok but you can grab a taxi for Pattaya here as well.

The important thing is don't get unnerved by the security guy blowing his whistle and yelling at you. Just ignore him. Calmly but quickly complete your negotiations with the driver, jump in and go. I've never heard of security actually stopping you from doing that. .. Just don't take too long or he will actually walk up to you, which might be unpleasant.

It beats waiting 5-10 mins in the stupid line on the arrivals floor. The processing desk for the meter taxis there is so stupid. They can see a massive line of 20-30+ (more?) weary taxi drivers lining up to get their passenger along with a long line of passengers waiting to get a cab, yet, they seem to have no awareness that they are the bottleneck for all these people... no sense of urgency at all... just diddle along and process each passenger slowly.

As I mentioned before our twenties are already behind us :D and we

are 3 with luggage for 3 weeks, so it will be a bit difficult to jump

quick into a taxi and go :lol: but thank you anyway guys <Kurt

Guest Astrrro

With that arrival time the cheapest would be Bell Travel Service, but I doubt if you could make their 1200 bus and would have to wait until 1400.

If u miss the 12:00 Bell bus, try the 13:00 Jomtien Bus which will drop you off near View Talay. Ticket booth on lower level near Door 8 (maybe 7). 124 baht and quite comfortable.

Come on! Three guys flying from Switzerland and posters suggest they take a bus? Get a cheap taxi on the rebound and negotiate a cheap deal?

Kurt; try gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th 001 -66-8 9833 2498

I think some other posters can give you other names of a reliable taxi service. Try searching the other forums.

Did you try the hotel where you are staying in Jomtien?

Guest beachlover

Yeah, dude. Might be worth taking the bus for one person (save 800 baht for the extra trouble I suppose).

For two people definitely not (save just 300 baht each and spend an extra hour on the road?).

For three people you would be stupid to take a bus, unless you're doing it for safety reasons (debatable).

Guest lvdkeyes

With the going rate for a taxi from airport to Pattaya being 1400 baht, one person would save 1200 by taking the bus, two people would save 1000 or 500 each and three would save 800 or 400 each.

It is not only about economics - a regular taxi would be too small for three guys with lots of luggage. Pon & Gem's service with a van would be an alternative to the bus.

Guest beachlover

With the going rate for a taxi from airport to Pattaya being 1400 baht, one person would save 1200 by taking the bus, two people would save 1000 or 500 each and three would save 800 or 400 each.

It is not only about economics - a regular taxi would be too small for three guys with lots of luggage. Pon & Gem's service with a van would be an alternative to the bus.

Meter Taxis go for about 800-900 baht. Booked taxis vary but you can get decent ones for 1,000-1,200 baht.

I agree three people might not be comfortable in an ordinary car IF they have a lot of luggage, like two suitcases each. But I think a normal sedan is fine if they each have on more than one small or medium sized suit case and a small carry bag. If they have more, the minivan will be more comfortable.

You may want to check out Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum; three other guys are arriving in BKK on same date as you and were asking for info on recommendations on taxi service to Jomtien. Maybe you can all hook up together?

I think it's probably the same guy posting the question there.

Guest lvdkeyes

Meter Taxis go for about 800-900 baht. Booked taxis vary but you can get decent ones for 1,000-1,200 baht.

800-900 baht is the fare from Pattaya to the airport, not the opposite way.

Hi guys thanks a lot for all your proposals (yes its me also on

Sawadee)We had bad experiences in Chiang Mai and in Phuket nobody

was at the airport although we ordered a pick-up :huh:

I was asking Tui now if he can organise a transport by www.pttaxiservice.com they offer a minius for 1600 Baht incl. gas/toll <greetings from Switzerland

Guest beachlover

1,600 for a minibus is good...

Don't pay anything in advance (you already know that).

There's a farang who was promoting (on both gay/straight boards) and taking bookings for a taxi/transport business run by a Thai man. Once he built up some trust he started getting customers to pay in advance via PayPal. At one point he stopped passing the bookings onto the business and started keeping the money for himself. He did a runner. Lots of customers, having paid in full, turned up to no shows at the airport and no one answering phone calls/e-mails. They lost their money.

I paid 900 baht for the last Airport to Pattaya meter taxi I took from the departures level. One poster on another board says he always offers and sticks to 800.

Going the other way, the going base rate for booked or touted taxi services going from Pattaya to BKK or the airport (no difference, I found) seems to be 800-900.

But this 800-900 includes the commission for the tout or the booking agent. The driver doesn't get it all.

So if you cut out the middleman, you can pay less. Find a meter taxi driving around or hanging about and solicit/pay them direct they will usually take 400-500 baht (I paid 500 but another driver told me he sometimes only gets 400 from the touts. It's better than driving back to BKK without a passenger. But this isn't always convenient so I have paid a tout 800 baht (he paid the driver 500 baht) to go and grab me a taxi before when I couldn't see any in sight and didn't want to spend time looking.

I once got driven back to Bangkok from Hua Hin in a big black mercedes for less than half I paid to get there in a little meter taxi. The guy had dropped off his customer an hour ago and was going to drive back alone if he couldn't find a fare.

Guest Astrrro

In general I prefer the prebooked Bell Bus rather than trying to find a cheap taxi or car service. That said, the Bell Bus service ends in the late afternoon/early evening.

We are happy now because Tui from TuisPlace will send a driver

with minibus to pick us up :rolleyes: thank you very much guys

for all your proposals and advices <Kurt

Guest beachlover

In general I prefer the prebooked Bell Bus rather than trying to find a cheap taxi or car service. That said, the Bell Bus service ends in the late afternoon/early evening.

Why pre-booked? You end up waiting and worrying about missing the Bell Bus.

If you just miss it you have to wait a whole hour! Or your flight might arrive at 11:10 and you get to the stand at 11:30 and have to wait 30 minutes for the next bus. With a taxi you jump in whenever you want and it takes you directly there. You can be checked into your Pattaya hotel within 2 hours of landing instead of 3-4 hours.

Also, there's no need to pre-book anything when arriving at Phuket, Chiang Mai or Bangkok Airports (unless you need something like a minibus)... Always plenty of taxis waiting for you and no additional cost using these.