TotallyOz

Love Amazon.com at Xmas

Having lots of young children in my family I shop for Xmas I love being able to be abroad and use Amazon.com. I can place an order today and it gets there in 2 days and free shipping. The other great thing is they can all create wish lists of things they want and I can go online to see them and pick what I want to send. Then, I have Amazon wrap it and attach a card. It takes the pain out of Xmas shopping each year!

Amazon in Europe has been amazing this year. I was late in ordering family gifts. When I read of the snow problems on Saturday evening, I quickly made several orders with guaranteed delivery by Christmas. By Sunday evening, I got mails that all had been despatched. Yesterday and this morning, I have had three emails about the state of each order which may be delayed due to the traffic, rail and air chaos. Immediate refunds are offered, or I can wait for a coupe of days and still have the option of a refund if the delivery dates cannot be met. The snow is not amazon's fault, but amazon's customer service is excellent.

Guest beachlover
The snow is not amazon's fault, but amazon's customer service is excellent.

That's what counts isn' it? Shows they're innovative and pro-active. They would need to put the right systems/processes in place well in advance to make all this possible.

Well, I told my relatives that I had taken the time to wrap the presents and write cards this year as opposed to my normal gift cards from Best Buy. Knowing me, they asked, "So, Unkie what color was the Christmas paper you used?" Shocked, I said: "it is Xmas colors of course." :) I hope Amazon did use Xmas colors.

"Dear Unkie, I loved your gift. Thank you so much for your generosity. And that pink Christmas wrapping paper with the silver and purple glitter and rainbow bow is just sooo cool." :o

That is actually what they would say. :)

When my niece was 14 she got an scholarship offer for a performing arts boarding school. She went to visit and she said, "there are a lot of gay guys here." My sister said yes, is that a problem. My niece said, "no, if they are half as cool as Unkie, I'll love it."

For xmas last year, she got me Rainbow Luggage tags. I loved them and asked if she thought that was too much. She looked at me and said, "Unkie, you have more purses than I do. I don't think you can be more obvious than you already are." :) I do love my family.