TotallyOz

New Bar in Phnom Penh

Guest Astrrro

Rainbow is a very nice, very small bar. The boys there are a bit more femmy than at Blue Chili. They have a ladyboy show at 10PM on weekends and sometimes shows on othe nights. Cans of local beer only $1.25.

Cans of local beer only $1.25.

Better still, draught beer fo $1.25 also.

The inside of this bar looks very familiar, maybe it was open under another guise last time I was here.

Blue Chilli seems to be the more popular of the two bars. More than double the number of customers & some very forward freelancers who like to molest their potential customers. I like it.

Cans of local beer only $1.25.

Better still, draught beer fo $1.25 also.

The inside of this bar looks very familiar, maybe it was open under another guise last time I was here.

Blue Chilli seems to be the more popular of the two bars. More than double the number of customers & some very forward freelancers who like to molest their potential customers. I like it.

Blue Chilli is the more popular of the gay bars & is also good for meeting the charming & rather tactile local freelancers.

Rainbow also pulls in quite a few customers, but does not seem to attract anywhere near as many freelancers. Perhaps a location for a quieter drink, or arranging to meet up with someone.

I stayed at the "Silver River hotel", which is a new place conveniently located on the same street as Rainbow bar (therefore just around the corner from Blue Chilli). Clean new hotel, with room safe, comfortable beds & wifi. $30 for one person, $35 for two. You can book for one & adjust to two, when the need arises. No problems at all with visitors, ID cards kept at desks & a phone call is made to the room when your guest leaves. Gets a slight demerit for shower temperature fluctuating between tepid & warm. I would stay here again.

The "Fly Lounge" bar is supposed to be gay friendly, but as it was closed on 2 of the nights I was in town, I did not get to check this out.