pong

Do you follow Thai news-when out of LOS?

With this I mean the general news-like the heads in a newspaper and the like. And if you do-and if you mainly live out of Land Of Smiles and visit is merely-how do you follow it? Which sites or other sources?

And more specific about gay news-do you follow that more closely? But what is the interest in what seems mostly to be a change of ownership or open/close of yet another massageshop or gogobar? Just sweet memories?

Guest voldemar

With this I mean the general news-like the heads in a newspaper and the like. And if you do-and if you mainly live out of Land Of Smiles and visit is merely-how do you follow it? Which sites or other sources?

And more specific about gay news-do you follow that more closely? But what is the interest in what seems mostly to be a change of ownership or open/close of yet another massageshop or gogobar? Just sweet memories?

To the first part of the question: I do follow using variety of sources if political situation deteriorates. Under normal circumstances, just gloss-over the titles of relevant

posts in Baht-stop where the guys just carefully copy and paste everything of slightest interest (though the place reminds me that aging gay liberals is not a pretty picture...).

Since I mostly stay in Pattaya, I do not follow gay news as you put it. It is frankly boring

and it is much easier to pick up one of free magazines upon arrival (like in Dick's cafe,

for example) with updated venue map and see it for yourself...

I stay here 8 months out of the year but even when I'm gone I regularly follow the online versions of the Bangkok Post, the Nation, and the Chiangmai Mail. Plus I regularly check out the CNN website and the asia news portions of that as well as occaionally look at the various message boards (but, admittedly, I'm not interested in 95% of what's usually bandied about on some message baords with respect to the local gay gossip as most of it involves Pattaya and some of it is just simply boring).

Guest fountainhall

I travel a lot but rarely check the official Thai media sites when I am away. I tend to look at the BBC/CNN sites, plus this and one other gay chat site.

I actually look at Bangkok Poat and Phuket Gazette online to keep up with any Thai news.

Guest shockdevil

Like many others, when I am away from Thailand I occasionally check out the online versions of The Bankok Post, The Nation, Thailand News.net, Bangkok Pundit, Phuket Gazette, Pattaya Mail, Thai Visa and of course online forums like this one. I usually increase the frequency the months or weeks leading up to my visit to Thailand.

I check the Bangkok Post and Nation pretty much every day. I like to keep informed.

I also listen to FAT radio (104.5) for a few hours each day as well. Of course I mainly don't understand what is being said but can pick up little bits and pieces. I just like the music.

Guest Steve1903

I followed events on here for a good while on my return from my visits there but eventually found it depressing knowing that I wouldn't be returning for a long time thereafter. The only other time I'd look in was when there was Thai news in the UK press which may cause me to look in here to read opinions.