Gaybutton

Air Conditioned Bus Service Now Available Between Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi

I had rather expected that the routine - every 20 to 30 minutes - Bangkok - Pattaya - Bangkok bus service might stop there. Still this one is better then we had at Dom Muang.

Depending on your time of arrival it might be quicker to go to Eckamai and catch the regular bus especially when the high speed train starts - next year?

Fabulous coverage of this news and much other about our shiny new airport has been long published on http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm

I note that the meter taxi service agreed rate from the airport to Pattaya has already soared from 1050 to 1300 baht!

The bus seems to have many stops and for me was not a good option. Good news is that if you use "smile #23", you can talk a meter taxi driver into TB800, "me pay toll". Just have to be nice! :rolleyes:

And it's only 106 baht!

For details click the following link:

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd19

"The Pattaya bus terminus is located at the beginning of Soi Chaiyapruk 1, 100 meters away from Jomtien Beach"....and where exactly in Jom Tien is this? Wonder why they wouldn't round the price to 105 or 110 baht?....guess it makes life too easy for everybody.

"The Pattaya bus terminus is located at the beginning of Soi Chaiyapruk 1, 100 meters away from Jomtien Beach"....and where exactly in Jom Tien is this? Wonder why they wouldn't round the price to 105 or 110 baht?....guess it makes life too easy for everybody.

I've posted a map and circled Soi Chaiyapruk for you. Click the attachment below to enlarge it.

[attachmentid=63]

I've posted a map and circled Soi Chaiyapruk for you. Click the attachment below to enlarge it.

[attachmentid=63]

Thanks for the map! I seldom venture that far south on Jom Tien Beach Rd. when I use a baht bus. The pick-up point does not look convenient for me.

Thanks for the map! I seldom venture that far south on Jom Tien Beach Rd. when I use a baht bus. The pick-up point does not look convenient for me.

It doesn't look any less convenient than the main bus terminal, depending on where you're starting from. Obviously the most convenient way to get to the airport is by taxi. If you don't want to spend the money on a taxi, then this is an inexpensive alternative. It's not all that far down the beach. It would take about five minutes to get there from the Dongtan police box.