Guest ronthai

Mugged and robbed

Guest ronthai

Yesterday I got mugged and robbed, pushed of the motorbike and also beaten by 5 guys.

I know who it is (one of them), but of course there is no proof what so ever.

Anybody any idea's how I should proceed with this.

I can get a copy of the ID of the one I know.

Get the police involded or not?

What is the use of going to the police, because there is little they can do, since how to proof it was him.

For the record, this was a personal attack not random.

Because I suspect right up front that there's some history here that I'm not aware of, it'd be foolish for me to offer personal advice. To those in general who are assaulted or robbed, I would think an immediate call to the cops would be the normal reaction.

I also think that there is more to this story and you won't really get a great answer here unless we know the history.

That said, I would recommend going to the tourist police and asking for advice. They may be able to give you a heads up on what would happen if you report to police. However, I feel you do need to do something. If you do nothing, it will make you a bigger target from this same group. IMHO

Guest fountainhall

Isn't approaching the police 24 hours after the event more than pointless? Surely the first thing they're going to ask is, "Why not tell us immediately afterwards, when we might have been able to do something? Why on earth wait 24 hours?" There might have been witnesses who will now never be found. Add in the fact that you knew one of the guys, and perhaps they will suspect you of something - perhaps that you are protecting him - i.e. allowing him to make his escape and get far enough away (much will depend on the nature of your relationship/acquaintanceship with that guy). For all we know, you might be opening a can of worms.

Guest Daniel

I suspect you have a good idea as to why you were attacked. Before you report the incident to the Police, you should ask yourself whether you deserved a good slap.

Guest lookmespa

Sorry to hear that. I just call 191 and ask for the information. It is not too late to see the police. The point is: you have to go to the right police station in the area where you got mugged and robbed. There will be a police office that can speak English. You should go on the weekday between 0800 and 1600 Hrs. Please bring a passport along with you. Police is willing to help you on this case. It is good that you know one of them. The police will find the way for investigation. Do not worry. We still have time. Good luck. :D

You are kidding right? No one deserves a good slap.

I can think of quite a few thugs who deserve a good slap, but it's impolite to suggest one of our members deserves that without the slightest bit of evidence.

For all we know the assault may have followed termination of a relationship or a refusal to fund someone (or fund their drug habit). Or various other circumstances in which ronthai behaved reasonably.

I also think that there is more to this story and you won't really get a great answer here unless we know the history.

That said, I would recommend going to the tourist police and asking for advice. ..../quote)

My experience is that the tourist police are a waste of a good uniform. If you are able to call upon the help of a Thai speaker then always use the Royal Thai Police.

I wonder if anybody here has good experience with tourist police apart from asking for direction

Guest thaiworthy

That said, I would recommend going to the tourist police and asking for advice. They may be able to give you a heads up on what would happen if you report to police. However, I feel you do need to do something. If you do nothing, it will make you a bigger target from this same group. IMHO

I agree with Michael about going to the police, but I also wonder if it might be too late. It should have been reported ASAP. That would be the first question the police will ask you.

I also agree that there is indeed more to this story than meets the eye. This sounds like a vengeful act, but I could be wrong. Again, without knowing the whole story, all one can do is speculate.

Failing all else I would certainly avoid any more contact with the person you suspect. In fact, I would go out of my way to steer clear of him. A consequence of not going to the police also may occur if this person accuses you of something, which could jeopardize your visa status if nothing else. But mebbe that's just paranoia on my part. Nevertheless, it's a tough call.

I have read of stories like this in the past posted on boards before. The OP sometimes does not respond. I hope that is not the case now.

I can say you should be aware of your surroundings wherever you go and do not carry too much cash, which is sensible advice for anyone regardless if they were a victim of an assault or not.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Guest Daniel

... it's impolite to suggest one of our members deserves that without the slightest bit of evidence.

I wasn't making the judgement that ronthai deserved a good slap. Ronthai described the attack as 'personal'. If somebody he knew and four of their friends singled him out for a good slap, I merely suggested he consider why and judge for himself whether the slap was warranted. If it wasn't, then call the Police. If it was, then learn from it.

Guest HeyGay

Yes well unlike the West, here you are more likely to be beaten up if you upset the wrong people, why do you think most people who are flamers choose to remain anonymous.

There is another guy, with the same name funny enough may be even you, who has since cease to flame people and gay Businesses, as one of the people he wrote about sent hit men a couple of times to deal with him, he even use to windup a couple of guys who used him to come in-between their fallen apart relationship, when he use to say one thing to wind one up, then another to wind up the other, then had the cheek when he got rumbled to buy the boyfriend of one a 20,000 baht present and wondered why he got beaten up again, by one of the boyfriends of his 2 benefactors..

These people do have a way of getting drunk at night, on cheap wine, so jealous of others who seem to have lots of friends and go out nightly having a good time, while they are writing on Gay web sites then in the morning wonder why they are called the most hated person in Pattaya.

If it is safe to do so, go to a lawyer or go to the Tourist Police, if its not or its and underage problem, just keep quiet, go about your business, move or go back to your home country before a 5000 baht hit man is sent next time.

. . . move or go back to your home country before a 5000 baht hit man is sent next time.

That last sentence takes the biscuit. As you do not quote anybody's previous post I'm at a loss to know to whom you are referring.

Just supposing, just, mind you, this figment of your imagination who is in peril of being bumped off, were to attract a hitman. I am fascinted to know why so cheap? I read recently on another Board the going rate is 15,000 baht (US$300).