floridarob

Chakran??

Guest fountainhall

You might wish to look at an earlier thread on saunas -

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/6559-bangkok-saunas-old-and-new/page__p__46824__hl__chakran__fromsearch__1#entry46824

From reports, Chakran is very much Thai-for-Thai now. I have not been for several years, but it used to be a fun place with a lot of cute young Thais some having an occasional interest in an older slightly out-of-shape farang.

I prefer Chakran over Babylon. It's similar in size, but there are more Asians. On every visit, I saw at least one I liked, but this was rarely mutual.

There is a massage palour (V-Club) in the same building, which has a large choice (I think there were more than 30 masseurs available, all in street clothes).

It's not that far away from the Silom area. From BTS Aree about 10 minutes by foot to the sauna. If you go by taxi, I guess about 30 min from Silom area.

Guest fountainhall

what about Sauna Mania

Never been, although it is very central - just off Soi Convent. I am told it is also essentially Thai-for-Thai along with some other Asians. Not many farang. Have also been told that some of the patrons have quite a bit of 'attitude' to older, less in-shape farang!

There is a massage palour (V-Club) in the same building

V Club has been established for many years when it was located in its own house on Soi Aree, just at the end of the Chakran soi. 15 or so years ago it used to have some spectacular boys, a few of whom were models. The two establishments have the same owner, so when Chakran's popularity began to go downhill, it obviously made sense to move V Club into part of Chakran.

re SMana: I would rather say its sticky rice for sticky rice-when i was there last I think well over 70-80% of patrons were Chinese and not Thai. But reports are very, very various about assumed-or not farang-fiendishness.

In fact-even more as those massageshops, sauna's (and there are well over 40 in big BKK) are very much hit or miss and a favorable report from nr 1 will not at all mean you qill enjoy, this is Thaild, so there never is any garantee.

Also take a introspective look into your own style: one major reason for Thai to stick to Thai is their idea of (justified or not) improper farang behaviour.

I think the all-over best)but its a long read and spread over many years by now) is on the CFS-forum Thailand, Bkk-sauna's. In that area around Silom I would say Heaven gets on average best notes.

Has anyone been to Chakran sauna?

I've been to Babylon a couple of times this trip and just too many westerners for me, I would like to try this other sauna but don't want to go all the way there if it's not worth the trip, so any input?

I went to Chakran a few times. If you are Asian and like Asian, you will like it. It's mostly Thai and other Asian that go there.

I also went to Sauna Mania. When I was there, I could only spot 2 non-asian. It's big time sticky, and they are not shy! They have different themes every night, so check before you go.

Have fun.