TotallyOz

Internet Options in Pattaya

Guest jomtien

Another option would be to find a cute neighbor who is already connected to the internet and bringing him some home-baked cookies.

Another option would be to find a cute neighbor who is already connected to the internet and bringing him some home-baked cookies.

First off, I have not even met one of my neighbors. It is a very restricted community. The seem to come and go in cars and drive into their carport, shut the door and not come out again. I was beginning to wonder if I lived somewhere where there were no other humans. I still have not met any. I saw one coming home last week in a car and I chased it. Security tackled me before I got to their door. I would say the next day I looked like Rodney King did the day after. But, that may not be the case. I did break a fingernail. Jep.

Also, while I am no Martha Stewart, I can bake just a little. Last night I cooked a mean spagetti. The Thai boys that live with me ate it with slow glee. After a few White Russians, they devored it to the last drop. It is amazing how much better things taste with a bit of alcohol. :)

Guest jomtien

It is amazing how much better things taste with a bit of alcohol.

Tell me. After a night at the sunee bars, the hamburger denmark stand at the end of the soi is like the holy grail!

I know the night guards where you live. They can tackle me any time :D

Guest TOQ2

I am bringing my laptop with me... I wonder if anyone knows if there is an option for visitors to rent a mobile internet laptop card that can be used around Thailand?

You want it for the beach , dont you :))

john

I am bringing my laptop with me... I wonder if anyone knows if there is an option for visitors to rent a mobile internet laptop card that can be used around Thailand?

What I have seen done many times is to use a cell phone and bluetooth to connect to the internet. If you have a GPRS compatible phone, and your phone and computer both have bluetooth, simply go to the link the bluetooth together and you have instant internet. Often the speed is better than dial up.

If you don't have this, get a PCMI care that allows you to put a sim in it. DTAC and 12Call both have internet packages. Then, you have the ability to have your computer use the network. The PCMI Sony Erickson card is good and is about 5k baht.

The Sony Store on TutCom Floor 1 has these options.

DTAC is on 2nd Floor at Carrofour and will set the sim up for you if you want.

Good luck!

Oh GOD! This post truly made me laugh out loud! :lol: Yes, I will use it on the beach also LOL :p

Thank you! This helps me a heck of a lot! :)

You want it for the beach , dont you :))

john

I have now had IP Star Satellite system for over a week. It is fast, reliable and I am very happy with it. The dish is small and the only time the net is slow is went it is cloudy and rainy. Other than that, I get very fast access and it has been excellent.

It is not good for VOIP. I have tried both Vonage and Skype with it and neither work well. I think the delay time makes the phone conversation fuzzy.

Downloading from Itunes and other places is lightening speed for Thailand. It works very well when downloading movies or music.

I had ADSL before and since I don't yet have a phone line this was my only option that worked. Truth is, it works better than my old ADSL line from TTT.