TMax

Getting waxed...

For my last couple of trips to Bangkok I have been tempted to call into Cutey & Beauty to get my back waxed (it's not overly hairy but I've thought of getting it done), for some reason I have always just not bothered to go and get it done. Today, whilst in Manila, I went and got it done at a shop in one of the malls and have a feeling of why I hadn't had it done by the boys in Bangkok, if they had tackled my back waxing I think things may have gotten interesting as it wasn't painful but the feel of the hands and fingers on the back was nice. This job was done by a girl but I could see where having one of the boys do it may have become um stimulating, definitely on my next trip in 2013 I will call by and see the boys and get some work done, just how much work is in the air though. ;) I think there would have been more pain if she had tackled the chest as that has a lot more hair than the back had.

Actually Michael this was the first time and it didn't hurt that much, I would equate that to not much hair on the back means little pain, the chest is another matter and would take some serious persuasion to go there.

So if you're not prepared to risk chest waxing, then presumably a Brazilian is completely out of the question then?

I think this needs doing every few weeks, but the pain should be instantaneous and should reduce after a few goes.

This would be my idea of pain for gain, rather than something to be enjoyed. If you like the feel of hands on your back, a massage should satisfy that (providing it's a real massage).

How much does a back wax cost? And how long does it last before hair starts growing in again?

Not too sure how long it lasts but cost wise in Manila was P450 or just over $10, in Bangkok I was once quoted B1800 for just a back wax.

The cost of raw materials for waxing must be minute, so the price would be mainly consisting of labour, overheads & profits. 1800 for a back?

That sounds like the farang price to me. Admittedly, I've never tried it, but that seems expensive for Thailand.

After seeing the price in Manila I too thought the Thai price a bit rich.