Guest MonkeySee

Multiple entry visa.

Guest MonkeySee

I obtained a non-immigrant B multiple entry visa. Since this is a first for me, I am unclear on the multiple entry part. I know it is good for 90 days before I have to leave the country, but what is the procedure for the re-entry part? A friend said that I need to go to immigration and get re-entry permission or the visa will be null and void. The visa is good until December of 2007. Do I have unlimited numbers of re-entries until the visa expires? Does anyone know the cost of attaining re-entry permission from immigration? Thanks in advance for your help.

I obtained a non-immigrant B multiple entry visa. Since this is a first for me, I am unclear on the multiple entry part. I know it is good for 90 days before I have to leave the country, but what is the procedure for the re-entry part? A friend said that I need to go to immigration and get re-entry permission or the visa will be null and void. The visa is good until December of 2007. Do I have unlimited numbers of re-entries until the visa expires? Does anyone know the cost of attaining re-entry permission from immigration? Thanks in advance for your help.

If the visa does not specify the number of entries, then you will need to check with the immigration office. They are the ones who can tell you.

I don't know if you need a re-entry permit for a multiple entry visa, but again I would check with the immigration police to find out. If you do need the re-enty permit, it's 1900 baht.

Guest jomtiened

I don't know what a non-immigrant B visa is. All I can tell you is that I have a multiple entry non-immigrant O visa which has a 1 year expiry. Within that year, I am free to depart and enter Thailand as many times as I please. If you have a multiple entry, you should be able to depart and enter Thailand as foten as you like until the visa expires.

Guest gonefishing

1. Check the expiry date of your visa carefully. If it is valid for one year (normally the maximum), then it should expire one year after it was issued - presumably October 2007, or November 2007 if it was issued this week. If the issuing Thai embassy / consulate made a mistake (which would be very unusual) you would be advised to check this with immigration, or you could be caught out - hopefully it was "obtained" legitimately, or you could have a major problem.

2. There is no need to go to immigration for re-entry permission: "multiple" means exactly that, so you have unlimited numbers of re-entries until the visa expires, unless you overstay your 90 days in which case the visa will usually be cancelled. You could (in theory) go out and back every day if you wanted to.

3. If you make your last "re-entry" when the visa is about to expire you will still get 90 days from the date of entry, making a total of 15 months (or in your case, apparently 17!).

4. You can get an extension to your 90 days from immigration for an initial 15 days at a cost of 1,900 baht, followed by a further 7 days free, but unless this ties in with any planned dates it is scarcely worth the effort, although it is a simple process.

5. A Non-Immigrant 'B' is identical in effect to a Non-Immigrant 'O'; the only difference is the justification for the visa. In the case of the 'B', it is specifically for business purposes (primarily investment, supported by company letters, etc), while the 'O' is usually issued to enable you to visit friends, family, etc.

Guest MonkeySee
:D Thanks guys for the useful information. Glad to see that I can probably come and go without additional re-entry permission. The visa stamp is smudged and so I am not certain exactly what I have in the way of dates. It is definitely a non-immigrant

Guest punlman

I'd also like to know... Are you an American in the USA?

How / where did you obltain the visa? How much did it cost? What documentation did they ask for?

Not all Embassy's choose to issue these Visas - sadly.

Even the embassies that do issue them don't do so lightly. My very first trip to Thailand was on a business visa. That is many years ago and most likely things have changed since then, but I was required to submit several documents to show why a business visa was even necessary before it was finally approved. As long as the reason for a business visa is legitimate, there really is no problem. It was just a lot of paperwork, none of which was really difficult, just tedious.

I advise not trying for a business visa at all unless you really have a legitimate need for one. I have heard, but cannot verify, that if there is reason to suspect that the visa was obtained or even applied for under false pretenses, then your name winds up on the blacklist. Again, I don't know whether that is really true, but that's what I've heard. I would not advise trying to get this visa as a means of circumventing the rules.

In other words, unless you're really coming to Thailand for valid business purposes, this is not the visa to try to obtain.

I think all would agree that it is not wise to forge information or apply for a Visa which you are not allowed for bona fide means.

However, persons are applying to Tha Embassies and Consulates and getting Non-Immigrant Visas with Multiple entry valid for 12 months. My friend in the UK just said that he wants to visit Thailand twice a year for a few months and that's what the issued him.

ThaiVisa website says:

"Multiple entry visa - your best choice!

IPB Image

Multiple-entry Non Immigrant visa / visas /visum

Your best choice is to obtain a multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa which valid for 12 months. With this visa type you will need to exit and enter Thailand at least every 90 days to get a new entry stamp allowing you to stay a further 90 days.

If you utilize your visa the last time just before it expire, you will get an extra 3 months "bonus", so the total validity will be nearly 15 months.

You will propably NOT get a Multiple entry visa in neighboring countries, your best chance of getting it is in your home country before you arrive in Thailand.

Thai consulates in US, Europe and Australia seem to be the most generous. The smaller consulates in Australia are the nearest and the easiest, and air tickets to there are cheaper than to Europe or US. A return ticket from Bangkok to Australia can be bought for less than 15,000 Baht with Air Asia (September 2006).

The Royal Thai Consulates in Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth in Australia issue Multiple entry visas, as per September, 2006, we are informed.

If you are married to a Thai citizen, you can easyly get a multiple entry visa in Penang. Bring your Thai marriage certificate in original (and one copy) and check out our forum"

Now whether this is a 'B' Visa or not I don't know but I think so. Having looked through all the other Visas offered, under non-immigrant bracket, nothing else seems to cover this eventuality either.

I have never heard of anyone having the slightest problem with these visas and certainly not being declared persons non grata and blacklisted.

http://www.thaivisa.com/352.0.html"]

When I wanted to get a "retirement visa" I had to go out of Thailand and get a Non Immigrant visa as that's the only sort that you can change to a 'retirement' one. It just says Non Immigrant with no letter attached.

Guest gonefishing

1. Check the expiry date of your visa carefully. If it is valid for one year (normally the maximum), then it should expire one year after it was issued - presumably October 2007, or November 2007 if it was issued this week. If the issuing Thai embassy / consulate made a mistake (which would be very unusual) you would be advised to check this with immigration, or you could be caught out - hopefully it was "obtained" legitimately, or you could have a major problem.

5. A Non-Immigrant 'B' is identical in effect to a Non-Immigrant 'O'; the only difference is the justification for the visa. In the case of the 'B', it is specifically for business purposes (primarily investment, supported by company letters, etc), while the 'O' is usually issued to enable you to visit friends, family, etc.

The visa stamp is smudged and so I am not certain exactly what I have in the way of dates. It is definitely a non-immigrant

Guest MonkeySee
:) Thanks guys for all the useful information. I am new to the visa application process because in the past years, have always obtained a visa on arrival. The game plan was to stay for 5-6 months in the