TotallyOz

Delivery Fees in Thailand

McDonald's charges no fee for delivery. Burger King charges 50 baht each time.

Interesting they are so different and I often see McDonald's in my building but rarely Burger King.

Right now WOW Delivery is not charging fees for my area.

What other places deliver for free?

Guest terrychris

I do love having my McDonalds delivered when im in Pattaya.

I recall KFC 1150 also delivering for free.

Pizza Inn is another.

Rarely did I use WOW or the other delivery service,I preferred to phone the store direct.

I did use the Pizza Company a few times and they delivered for free however I wasnt keen on their taste.

I recently heard an ad on the radio for Food Panda. I checked out their website - but have not tried to order anything, yet. They apparently operate in Bangkok and Pattaya (you select your location to get restaurant listing). You then select your location (e.g., Jomtien). You may see "closed" on some of the listed restaurants - that means it is not within their delivery times - you can still look at their menu. The delivery fee varies - some show "0" and others show different amounts - some above a 100 Baht (I will certainly not be ordering from those). URL: http://www.foodpanda...taurants/index/

I have used door to door and WOW (I am not located in their free delivery zone) - I tend to select restaurants from WOW because Door to Door has a higher delivery charge plus 10% service charge. My best delivery service is when the bf goes out and brings it back :D.

I use to order pizza from a place that didn't have a dlivery charge if order was for more than 240B - but quit using them after they took order and didn't show up - when I called back, they wouldn't answer the telephone. I tried one of the bigger outfits with a 4 digit number - pricey and I didn't like the pizza. My last two times, I ordered from New York Pizza - 30B delivery charge - but IMO, a very good pizza. I had bf give them address and directions the first time; now that my phone number is in their system, they have my location on file.

it all depends-this is TH so there are no set rules

1.on the amount you order

2.how far away from the place that delivers

3.if they use their own messengers or use a hired motosy

4.maybe also if you are regular or not.

In fact BKg is quite unknown in TH-it works different here as in that USA/CN. Kentucky is the best known and chain with most shops.There are fart, far fewer BKg as McDon.

Last week in Vnam I noted that BKing had just started up-since 2-3 monthes or so and only 2 shops in Saigon, and McDon has yet to arrive there.

Guest timmberty

with so many weird and wonderful foods to eat in thailand how on mothers earth can you eat western shyte ??

id not cross the road to eat macdonalds let alone pay someone to deliver it to me !!!

isnt that the reason you got away from america or wherever else you come from in the first place!!!!!

with so many weird and wonderful foods to eat in thailand how on mothers earth can you eat western shyte ??

so I lived in Australia for 35 years and while there regularly ate at French, Italian, Greek, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Chinese, etc restaurants and God forbid sometimes even fast-food burgers and was never condemed for wanting some variety - but now that I have lived in Thailand for 20 years I should never desire anything else other than Thai food and never crave for a burger and french fries or some other food style? why? I love Thai food but what is so great about it that it precludes all other foods?

bkkguy

so I lived in Australia for 35 years and while there regularly ate at French, Italian, Greek, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Chinese, etc restaurants and God forbid sometimes even fast-food burgers - but now that I have lived in Thailand for 20 years I should never desire anything else other than Thai food and never crave for french fries?

bkkguy

I think he was referring to the McDonald and Burger King shit that you even said, God Forbid.

But, to each his own. I like a bit of everything except Indian food.