kokopelli

Corner Bar - Pattaya

Normally I leave these type of scoops to others, but my  understanding is that the Corner Bar in Pattaya is under new ownership. After the departure of Michael aka Crabby this bar was taken over by a Belgium, Eddy/Eddie and then by a Dutchman and now, today,  by another Belgium. CB has an excellent location so hopefully the new management will make it the attraction it deserves.

Guest fountainhall

I was only once in Corner Bar about two years ago, before all the various management changes took place. Then I read on another forum how the next owners from Belgium were experienced bar owners and would be ideal managers. I seem to recall the first thing they did was fire most of the staff! How many months did they last? Four?

It makes me wonder about new owners who tear up a basically successful business plan and bring in their own ideas without doing much market research. I can't help feeling from the posts on this Board that perhaps the same is now happening in Krazy Dragon.

Guest joseph44

The current owner is from the Netherlands unless he sold the bar again over the last 2 weeks.

It's the former owner of Redgy's Bar which is in German hands now.

The current owner is from the Netherlands unless he sold the bar again over the last 2 weeks.

It's the former owner of Redgy's Bar which is in German hands now.

The word is that the man from the Netherlands did sell within past week to a Belgian(s). There may be more than one new owner now.

Guest Jovianmoon

Can I ask why there are two threads on the Corner Bar with the same OP and title?

Different response content though - perhaps a merge might be in order...

Easy answer to that Jovainmoon; I had too much wine at CB the night of the post and when I tried to edit my original post I ended up with two separate posts.

It seems that the new owner spends time at the bar across from CB, which I believe is Come In Bar. Just my guess.

Tonight did speak with the new owner who was very friendly. It seems they will be closing in a few weeks to do rennovations for a month and then reopen. There will be double shots on drinks and many more boyz both on staff and free lancers. Not quite sure of the owner's name but sounded like "Fella" which is likely spelled Feller.

Guest joseph44

Damn.......changes of owners go faster than I can keep up with.

Kokopelli is right, the new and fresh Dutch owner sold the bar within a month of purchase to a Belgium guy named Erwin.

Unfortunately, Erwin is using Ferrer's services as a "consultant". Pretending he is the owner, shows what kind of guy Ferrer really is.

Anyway, I advised NOT to to any building for the next 2 months and wait until after Songkran. He is planning to completely strip the bar and do everything all over (again).

Guest timmberty

the bar doesnt need more money wasted on it, what it does need to some good looking boys and some things to happen .. i.e. pool tournaments, darts etc maybe a game of bingo everynow and again, a weekly quiz .. the place is boring. the boys who work/ply there trade there at the moment are ok but sure as hell not good looking .. well other than the guy who dyes his hair brownish.

it needs a bit of life, nothing more. and rent out the rooms upstairs as short time rooms and bingo!

Back to Corner Bar in Pattaya since there seems to be some interest in posting on gay thailand topics.

As I was watching from across the soi, CB was barren of customers as a withered teat of milk although a few customers did eventually arrive.  Their wine price is 130 Baht for the same glass of plonk that others are charging Eighty Baht although it is a nice looking balloon shaped glass.  Hope when they do their makeover they will do a makeover of their wine selection.

Also sat next door at Sky Bar where their wine was 80Baht/glass of plonk and 140 Baht/glass of Chilean wine which was better but not worth the extra cost.  The owner of Sky did come over, welcomed us, and offered us an appetizer to munch on. No, it was not the waiter! A very nice bar.

And finally enjoyed a couple of drams of Remy Martin at Ducs @ 100 Baht/snifter which is a decent price.

Corner Bar has great potential and the location couldn't be better. At one time, I was close to buying the bar, (before Gary) but glad I didn't. Since that brain fart, I have not considered the idea of owning another bar as too much hassle and too many issues. But, the bar can be fantastic if run right!

I wish the new owners great success.