TotallyOz

You mean Praying to take the gay away doesn't work?

Who didn't know this was coming?

IMHO, any gay man who thinks praying to take away their gay should be sent to a gay sauna for one week with hot guys. If they can resist the temptation for that week, they are cured (for that week). If not, they are gay.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/06/ex-gay-crusader-who-publicly-bragged-about-being-cured-caught-trolling-for-men/

Guest abang1961

Nature vs nurture.

Homosexuality occurs as early as that recorded in the book of Genesis.

So, it is as ancient as it could possibly be.

I am not a pious person but after many years of Sunday Worship, I am still as gay as I can be.

No support group can bring us out of gay-dom.

I like men, white men (period).

Accept me for what and who I am.

Do not try to 'hide' away my sexual inclinations through prayers and/or other religious rites.

I am proud to be a practising gay.

Guest fountainhall

The part I love about that exposé is this –

Creating a grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part….disobedience to Christ. Disobedience to a loving and gracious God. Thankfully, I believe that He forgives me for this disobedience. I believe the blood of Christ covers this disobedience. And I won’t be on grindr again….ever.

. . . Thankfully, I believe that He [God] forgives me for this disobedience. I believe the blood of Christ covers this disobedience. And I won’t be on grindr again….ever.”

To quote the immortal Bard: "Methinks the lady doth protest to much!"

The trouble with these never-do-it-again public confessions is they have a habit of turning out, well, as I’ll just occasionally-do-it-again. What did dear leader Jimmy Swaggart say the first time he was exposed as having been a serial frequenter of prostitutes in motels?

"I have sinned against You, my Lord, and I would ask that Your Precious Blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgiveness, not to be remembered against me anymore.”

Leader Swaggart was promptly rebuked and defrocked for all of three months before the seas had done their job and he was back at it. A-preachin’, that is. Trouble was, it wasn’t only the preachin’! It was the sinnin’ as well. Three years later, he was found in the arms of another prostitute. Oh, lordy, lordy! And what did leader Swaggart say this time around?

"The Lord told me it's flat none of your business.”

Well, I'll be damned! Flat none of our business! Deary me! Like those other heads of religious sects who made vast fortunes from their so-called ministries (did I hear someone say Jim and Tammy-Faye Baker???), like all those members of congress and table-tumpin’ politicians worldwide who breathe fire and brimstone in the Lord’s name against all the sins of the flesh, poor leader Swaggart’s sins had been exposed for all to see. Somehow his direct line to the Lord of Hosts had clearly got just a wee bit tangled somewhere along the way.

Now I’ll make a little bet. Bt. 100 is on the table. In less time than it took for Jimmy Swaggart to be a-sinnin’ again, Matt Moore will be found once more on Grindr or in some other gay situation. Either that, or he is already locked up and chained in his pastor’s cellar, his cell phone consigned to the flames of hell, this being the only way of proving that he has indeed “turned from sin daily”!  :shok:

"The only vice that cannot be forgiven is hypocrisy. The repentance of a hypocrite is itself hypocrisy."  

William Hazlitt

Homosexuality occurs as early as that recorded in the book of Genesis.

So, it is as ancient as it could possibly be.

so how old exactly is the Universe and Homosexuality according to the book of Genesis? and do you really believe this or is it just a sop to try to confuse the anti-gay religious right Creationists? or do you not really want to be challenged about your beliefs and what you say?

Do not try to 'hide' away my sexual inclinations through prayers and/or other religious rites.

I won't if you don't try to "hide" away my scientific inclinations through prayers and/or other religious rites!

and you where the one to reference the bible so I don't really know what point you are trying to make here

I am proud to be a practising gay.

and a practicing Christian it seems - I have often wondered how people managed to reconcile the two, perhaps you would like to explain how you do it?

bkkguy

Guest fountainhall

bkkguy being his typical, critical and wholly negative self, I see.

This from the poster who wrote this in the thread “Amazing Thailand: 25 percent of worldwide HDD production” -

bkkguy, on 28 Oct 2011 – 19:53 said:
tolerance has never been one of my strong points . . . I don't post here because I want people to like me or my attitude - and the attitude tends to get worse as the waffling gets worse - I post here to give useful alternative opinions when people are posting crap, and I will leave it to others to decide for themselves how useful this is even after deducting brownie points for attitude!

I decided! I'm going back to ignore.

Guest Jovianmoon

Ex-gay ministries? Check out this article on the founders Exodus International:

Setting the record straight

Also, if you would like an amusing distraction, the following video puts a wonderfully satirical slant on the fall of the self-denying gay man, Ted Haggard, self-proclaimed religious advisor to the former president George Bush, jnr:

I love Roy Zimmerman! I urge you to watch his other videos.

Guest Jovianmoon

Do not try to 'hide' away my sexual inclinations through prayers and/or other religious rites.

I think it's pretty clear here that abang was declaring that people of religion ought not dictate to him how he should live his sexual life, but I can't see how that could possibly translate into you thinking that he was dictating how you should live your 'scientific' life, bkkguy.

I won't if you don't try to "hide" away my scientific inclinations through prayers and/or other religious rites!

abang was not suggesting that you or anyone else should be 'hidden away' from any of their inclinations - sexual, scientific, religious or otherwise.

Perhaps you misread abang's comments, bkkguy. If so, we all make the mistake of misreading sometimes. If not, well then you misrepresented abang's argument, and that is simply not fair play.

I too am an atheist and have little time for gods and religion, and you seem to share my views regarding science. But if you don't play fair and argue honestly, then I need to call you on it.

Guest Jovianmoon

Oh dear.

Now it's time for me to own up to my own error, unintentional though it was. The article I linked to "Setting the record straight" is actually a publication by First Stone Ministries - an anti-gay and, to put it mildly - a somewhat disingenuous account of the co-founders of Exodus International.

I remembered reading about the co-founders 'coming out' (re-coming out?) years ago, and for my post I searched and found two articles. The First Stone article I skimmed and the second article seemed to echo what I had remembered (that doesn't make it necessarily accurate though). But I linked to and highlighted the First Stone article by mistake. My apologies - I am not in the habit of posting links to anti-gay articles on this or any other forum. That's what comes from getting distracted and walking away from the PC halfway through composing a post... tut tut.

Here's what I actually read fully and should have linked to: Statement of Apology by Former Exodus Leaders

BTW: the rest of the Beyond Ex-Gay site is well worth a look too...

Guest abang1961

Ha ha my simple post with no hidden messages/agenda was given a misrepresentation.

It surely is a way to be welcome back to this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FT4FprxDg

Since it is two more days to the annual lunar new year, this is for all those guys who still think I am sexy.

love abang... and yes, Kong Xi Kong Xi...

Guest thaiworthy

Ha ha my simple post with no hidden messages/agenda was given a misrepresentation.

It surely is a way to be welcome back to this forum.

Since it is two more days to the annual lunar new year, this is for all those guys who still think I am sexy.

love abang... 

What a great attitude! Welcome back, Abang. Yes, you are still sexy.  :good:

Your choice of The Animals - one of my favourite 'pop' groups - is most welcome Abang. So I guess that makes me a bit of an animal too, but as I'm a softie hopefully one may have in mind those more ferocious than me . . .

As for the sexy bit, the avatar may be different but it oozes it.

I think it's pretty clear here that abang was declaring that people of religion ought not dictate to him how he should live his sexual life, but I can't see how that could possibly translate into you thinking that he was dictating how you should live your 'scientific' life, bkkguy.

and on "sexual life" I agree with him completely - I don't want people using references from the bible to try to "prove" that being gay is "a sin", and I certainly don't want people praying to "cure" homosexuality

by the same token I don't want people using references from the bible to try to "prove" how old the universe, and (somehow) homosexuality, is and thus how "natural" being gay is - either way I think arguing from biblical references is not the best way to go

so if you think I am being "unfair" and just creating a "straw man" here how else do you think I should be interpreting abang's comment that

"Homosexuality occurs as early as that recorded in the book of Genesis.So, it is as ancient as it could possibly be."

is this some sort of pro gay anti Creationist interpretation that is supposed to be somehow  compatible  with my "scientific" view of the creation of the universe?

bkkguy

bkkguy being his typical, critical and wholly negative self, I see

I decided! I'm going back to ignore.

as you have already said so eloquently on another thread in another forum  - "yawn"

we all already know that you don't like to see your (or other "elite" posters here) ideas challenged, so stay safe in your artificial protected world!

bkkguy

. . . so stay safe in your artificial protected world!

That brings to mind politicians, including kings, despots and dictators as well as superstar entertainers. Surrounded by those there to ensure their protection they indeed become inured to living in, to what most of us would deem, an artificial world. Good examples are Caligula, and in more modern times, that great survivor Mugabe.

Be that as it may, why might any member or reader if this forum live in either an artificial world or one that's protected? Where are the boundaries of this supposed world? The whole world, Asia, South-east Asia, Thailand, Bangkok/Pattaya,  . . . or can it be even more precisely delineated? Just supposing one of our number does actually live in such a world! . . . if that were so, perhaps it's quite likely he is not alone.

If so, how do others feel about that? Do you feel your lives to be artificial, or protected, or both? And, if anyone does answer "yes" to either or both of those, do you feel safe?

Guest fountainhall

as you have already said so eloquently on another thread in another forum  - "yawn"

Surprise! I stayed around to find out how long it would be before you continued your negative posts. As expected, it was not long!  :yahoo: 

Firstly, if you want to quote me as having said "yawn", please provide the source - as other posters do. Otherwise it will be seen to be merely your invention - similar to another post you made in the past which was proved to be total invention!

Secondly, I don't like your posting - as you well know. Nor do others. You have started precisely three threads in all the time you have been a member of this Board (and when you have been permitted to post). Just three threads! And your 345 posts? Over half of all your posts are wholly negative, veiled attacks at what others post, despite your having had no part in the discussion up to the point of your intervention. In most cases you sit and wait for some point in a post with which you disagree and then you pounce without contributing positively in any way to that discussion.

I have already quoted your own words, bkkguy, about your only intervening when others are "posting crap". We note you didn't add - your version of crap. Doesn't that rather neatly sum up your attitude to the other posters on this forum?

So for those posters who do not know bkkguy, here are some nuggets in bkkguy's own words from his posts on this Board. 

Thaland’s Daily Newspapers get their Knickers in a Twist

bkkguy, on 15 Jun 2012 - 19:52 said:

“I am sure if I were to comment on things that were beyond you I would just get banned again!”

Why were you banned or put on moderated status, bkkguy? And how many times?   :judge:  

Thai Guys in Tight Jeans

bkkguy, on 15 Jan 2012 – 19:33 said:

everyone else here already has me on ignore and the management and moderators here seem to have no idea or no interest in copyright and IP protection so feel free to not respond and continue posting such images here - the right to drool over sexy guys seems to be the highest priority here!

So, we also note you merrily criticize the management and moderators. Little wonder they took action against you.  :shok: 

Amazing Thailand: 25 percent of worldwide HDD production,

bkkguy, on 31 Oct 2011 - 00:21 said

I don't see the point of responding to any other crap on this thread, it is just a waste of time!

Crap! I see. If it’s such a waste of your time, give up posting and get a life!  :yahoo:

Overweight Thais

bkkguy, on 16 Sept 2011 - 19:30 said

as a typical fat ugly old falung I find the good bodies that keep me hard aren't hard to keep - just expensive!

So, in your own words, you are overweight and you pay for sex.

Thai Guys in Tight Jeans

bkkguy, on 15 Jan 2012 – 19:33 said:

everyone else here already has me on ignore

Just a reminder! Wise guys!

Dongtan Beach Photos

bkkguy, on 05 Jan 2012 – 20:57 said:

let me tell you they would really need a wide angle lens because I have more "guts" than would fit in a standard lens!

So you are more than overweight, you are considerably overweight!

Thai Guys in Tight Jeans

bkkguy, on 17 Jan 2012 – 19:58 said:

whatever shit you want to post here?

get a life!

Shit this time. Not crap!

And I thought you had finally stopped adding your appendage – “Get a Life”. Isn’t it odd how many of the posters here have given a lot of evidence in their posts of a far more interesting and adventurous life than you seem to enjoy, stuck as you have also stated in a post in Thailand for the last 20 years.

Pattaya - A Photo a Day for One Month

bkkguy, on 25 October 2012 – 20:50 said:

. . . that is probably being really pissy . . .

Pissy? Well! To that little description, two regular posters (whom I shall not name but will happily PM to anyone who wishes the information) summed up your attitude with posts with which I am certain most others agree:

someone who only has negative comments to add to most posts and rarely contributes anything of relevance other than to be pissy

The word pissy would be a polite way of describing you. Why don't you remove yourself from this Board since nobody is interested in your know it all rants.

Well said, gentleman!  :good: 

Mods: all the above quotes can be found using the search button. They are all therefore in the public domain. All but the last 2 quotea were made by bkkguy himself! If they are a figment of anyone's imagination, it can only be bkkguy's.

Guest abang1961

A very good afternoon to all my friends on this board.

It is the day before Lunar New Year and it is raining dogs and cats here in Singapore.

Water for the coming year of the Water Snake.. so I am going to promote goodwill to all.

Praying to get rid of someone.. no, no... it should be praying to get rid of all the negativity and ill-feelings.

For those into the Holy Bible, I recommend Matthew 7:12

Your friends and/or your foes are the mirrors.

Before we harbour any evil/critical/less favourable acts/deeds/actions/remarks, think whether you would like others to do that to you?  Learn to say "sorry" more often (especially when we err)  and so, like the contestants in beauty pageant, world peace to all.

Dance to this.... I dont know the meaning of the words but the tune is catchy and the guys in the groups are all so adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4okKSigjyc4

** Remember you and I have the right to exercise the IGNORE button.  Use it when necessary.

Guest fountainhall

Interesting fact about the Korean boy bands - of which there are many. When they sign contracts, many managements insist the boys have to undergo plastic surgery. According to The Economist, Korea is "the most cosmetically enhanced nation on Earth." Another source says -

The popularity of boy-bands in Japan sporting the bishōnen (beautiful boy) look is believed to propel men in their early twenties to seek a softer image. The look is getting more popular – mimicking the boy hero characters of popular Korean manhwa or Japanese manga cartoons and anime. The soft image for these men include a prominent nose tip, a less angular jaw and double eyelids, with augmentation to the abdomen area. The aim is to create a masculine but smooth body with boyish facial features.

http://www.seoultouchup.com/plastic-surgery-in-korea/

Judge for yourself.

DBSK

post-1892-0-88428000-1360414922_thumb.jpg

Photo credit : unknown

SHINee

post-1892-0-81323700-1360414982_thumb.jpg

Photo credit: Getty Images

Be that as it may, why might any member or reader if this forum live in either an artificial world or one that's protected? Where are the boundaries of this supposed world? The whole world, Asia, South-east Asia, Thailand, Bangkok/Pattaya,  . . . or can it be even more precisely delineated? Just supposing one of our number does actually live in such a world! . . . if that were so, perhaps it's quite likely he is not alone.

he is certainly not alone, and while the boundaries are not physical in terms of space - they are nebulous and in the cloud - they are very easy to delineate in terms of time - specifically the artificial protected world comes into existence when one of the favored ones clicks "Login" on this web site and enters the comforting embrace of the moderators and ceases to exist when "Sign Out" is clicked

not quite the Big Bang, but it certainly causes a lot of whimpering when the protective barriers are breached - even temporarily!

bkkguy

Firstly, if you want to quote me as having said "yawn", please provide the source - as other posters do. Otherwise it will be seen to be merely your invention

OK  you have my sincere apology, you were not as eloquent as I thought you were, in the thread I was thinking of the word you used was "Boring"

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8580-does-thaksin-shinawatra-rule-thailand-from-abroad/?do=findComment&comment=64143

of course you may have actually said "Yawn" in another post but I have a life so I don't need to spend hours collecting copies of your posts on this forum as part of a childish compulsive desire to discredit you - you do this so eloquently yourself!

bkkguy

Guest fountainhall

I'm delighted you have a life - although for the life of me I cannot imagine what it must be like when a majority of the posts you make here wreak of such boring negativity.

But it's the lunar New Year. Loosen up! Relax. Get rid of your bah-humbug persona. Enjoy it! Set off some firecrackers! See kids faces smile! Spread the good will!! Life is fun - for some!

Here's a New Year photo from the Harbin Ice and Snow and Ice Sculpture Festival I visited early last year? Have you been? I heartily recommend it. It's great fun! Maybe you should travel more to broaden the mind and open up new interests.

post-1892-0-18490100-1360417461_thumb.jpg

Photo: Getty Images

post-1892-0-46429000-1360417709_thumb.jpg

Maybe you should travel more to broaden the mind and open up new interests.

I don't know that I am the one with the "new interests" problem - lets see how long it takes for the sycophants to "like" your post!

less than an hour and Michael has done his duty - perhaps you need to call thaiworthy, he may be asleep already, usually he licks the arse of  - sorry likes - anything anyone posts against me before they even finish posting!!

and similar to fountainhall's claims in his post

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8610-you-mean-praying-to-take-the-gay-away-doesnt-work/?do=findComment&comment=64419

Mods: the "like" preferences of thaiwiorthy can be verified by a search of these forums . They are all therefore in the public domain

bkkguy