Guest pete1969

Too much commercial advertisement on this board?

Guest pete1969

Some on other boards say this board is too full of commercial advertisements. I don't get it. Apart from ruminations on relationships with Thai guys, what I like best on these boards is information on various venues and businesses in LOS. I don't mind commerical plugs for special events as it as it gives people an opportunity to learn about what is going on in various places. If a place does not interest me, or if I think any particular poster goes overboard, then I tend not to read those threads.

I wonder with complaining posters if a mention of any venue is seen as an advert or if it is just ones from businesses themselves or from a particular poster.

As for me, I tend to have the ability to sift through information and focus on that information which I want, and I appreciate learning about various businesses in LOS. For my own reasons, this is my favorite board devoted to LOS, and I don't have any issues with the content of the threads (in fact, the reason it is my favorite is due to the diligence the moderators use in keeping a fairly respectful and on topic posting environment).

Pete

Guest Pearl69er

At the risk of the usual accusation of being a "troll" or "hydra" ( which I still have no idea what it means) for putting in my two pennies worth :

I believe that advertisng on gay boards aimed at gay customers is not only helpful-provides an outlet for further discussion but also has one very important component that we should support.

We alll like to frequent the numerous nightspots of Pattaya, Bangkok, Chaing Mai or wherever but who actualy ever thinks about the owner of the establishment who more often than not has put his life savings into a business to provide himself a living and brng us pleasure. And by doing so in Thailand he is risking everything he has. Only the very meanest person would deny a owner the freedom to promote his business.

Moreover everyone of these establishments will employ a number of Thai nationals whose living wil depend on their job.

Some on other boards say this board is too full of commercial advertisements.

Isn't that just terrible? How dare this board support gay venues in Thailand!

Since the complainers choose to voice those complaints on other boards, and not this board, then I see no reason to pay them any attention at all. As I've said, no matter what a board owner does, somebody won't like what he does. Tough luck. If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. Many people do like seeing the advertising. It lets them know what's going on, and where and when. Most of the threads that contain ads are quite clearly titled. Those who don't want to read the ads can bypass those threads. Those that do want to read them can do so. I fail to see a big problem in that. Sometimes I think people complain only because they enjoy having something to complain about. You can bet that if this board hosted no ads at all, those same people would find something else to complain about. They probably will anyway.

Guest ear wig

Why any one takes note of the ramblings of a mad man, all they are doing is highlighting the fact they are living in Thailand to long and need to get a reality check, who on earth could be upset us telling the viewing Public what they are missing in Gay Thailand, all these selfish people want to do is get some one to take pity on themselves.

Selfish people are the scourge of Thailands chat forums, they infest the forums with there poison when all we want is a light heated fun chat about local going on's, one of the biggest offender I see has now retired for a while ,there admittance not mine on baht -stop, so may be now we can get down to what we love best and Gay THAILAND/BUTTON are doing there best I can see, a lot more good local Info of any other forum, about local goings on..............good work guyz keep it up if you can, if not go get something to make it stay up.

Its such a bore because you do have to jump on these selfish flamers from a very high height or they will continue to infect the forum, as they seem to be bullies who are very selfish because they want to stop others reading what's going on, why dont they just read something else like the toilet walls,smells more there style.