firecat69

Thailand wants to sock it to Tourists.

One nasty problem for the lone traveller is being swamped by other people. I seem to recall at some immigration crossings you have to queue at one booth to get your application form, then go away and fill it in and take to a different booth with your money for processing. In the meantime, a few coachloads appear, their occupants spill out, and before you know it you are at the back of the Q!

This is cost you are paying for saving money  by using train/bus versus air.

Your description fits Poipet crossing to Cambodia very well.

Guest Devint6669

Rogie, on 23 Oct 2013 - 4:40 PM, said:snapback.png

One nasty problem for the lone traveller is being swamped by other people. I seem to recall at some immigration crossings you have to queue at one booth to get your application form, then go away and fill it in and take to a different booth with your money for processing. In the meantime, a few coachloads appear, their occupants spill out, and before you know it you are at the back of the Q!

This is cost you are paying for saving money  by using train/bus versus air.

Your description fits Poipet crossing to Cambodia very well.

And This is All, Most tourist that come to this country don't have the money in hand, This mean or finding A ATH Before you get top the immigration or wait in line like every body for a guy to tell, you that you need the money and go find the money an do the Q again for the second time...

For me this will start my trip on a bad start... I remember once i when to Cambodia and when i stop at the ATM just before the Immigration my bank card was refuse... And i had no other way to get money....

I was lucky because I call the hotel where i was staying at the time and there came to help me, I was so lucky, And i will always be grateful of that. But Can you just Imagine if I did not find this solution what would of happen of me... Send Back home it would of bean bad start of a end trip.

Rogie, on 23 Oct 2013 - 4:40 PM, said:snapback.png

And This is All, Most tourist that come to this country don't have the money in hand, This mean or finding A ATH Before you get top the immigration or wait in line like every body for a guy to tell, you that you need the money and go find the money an do the Q again for the second time...

For me this will start my trip on a bad start... I remember once i when to Cambodia and when i stop at the ATM just before the Immigration my bank card was refuse... And i had no other way to get money....

I was lucky because I call the hotel where i was staying at the time and there came to help me, I was so lucky, And i will always be grateful of that. But Can you just Imagine if I did not find this solution what would of happen of me... Send Back home it would of bean bad start of a end trip.

That's the problem of many travelers, they do not do even minimal research before departure and assuming that everywhere is the same, visa on arrival, ATM and exchange counters open, food available in the airport etc

Then all of the sudden stress-ATM non existing , moneychanger closed or offering lousy rate, taxi drivers and restaurants don't want other than local currency  and airport personnel on strike . All easily avoided with few question researched before departure