Guest mvanr

gay sauna

I am traveling in January to Bangkok and will stay there for a month.

Can anyone tell me what is the best gay sauna, the most popular, is to go to in Bangkok?

Looking forwards to some answers.

Mick

for some people living in and visiting Thailand the scene in Thailand consists only of commercial sex massage venues and commercial sex go-go and host bars

for some other people living in and visiting Thailand the scene they are used to at home includes saunas and bars where customers go to connect with other customers and they are looking for something similar here

sometimes in the forums it is difficult to determine which group innocent "Newbies" in their first post belong to

if you are a member of the first group then "Connoisseur" firecat69 has provided an excellent answer with a link to a thread on commercial sex massage places sometimes confusingly referred to as "saunas"

if you are a member of the second group then you may be more interested in places like Babylon or Chakran in Bangkok or perhaps even Sansuk in Pattaya and if you are really adventurous there are a plethora of local style saunas in Bangkok that may or may not be worth a visit depending on your physical attributes and what you are looking for - google is your friend as are some of the local listing sites that understand the difference between sex massage and sauna

and if you are happy to flit like a butterfly from one group to the other  then Thailand is your oyster, you will enjoy many pearls!

bkkguy

just rest thread  Impressions from NOv 2013 trip - massage places, regrets and waring signs

You will never find a better explanation of massages places in Bangkok and Pattaya!

Before you jump to this long thread of mine be advised I did not visit proper saunas like Babylon , Chakran or Sauna Mania just massage places so you may wish to heed bkkguy advice

BKK-big city has aorund 40 of such places. They are spread all over town and most are quite hard to find for those unfamiliair with this bigcity and how transport works. Nor is there in fact much reason to go out to many.

The usual listing sites list them, mostly now with maps, google etc. Try gayscout (tries to list all known, maps not always correct but in roughly right area), travelgayasia or google for nickygaybangkok-which has more descriptions and limits to tourist zone. Then there is the site known as cruisingfors..x.com which has an extensive in-sight section, but mostly a bit dated now.

I will never say what is best-thats so personal. Best known is by far Babylon, near Malaysia Hotel, so populair among white tourists it has often more fat older whites as Thai in. Some others seem to attract mostly Chinese and are said to be sticky rice=that means Asians for Asians only. But there are no set rules nor entry-regulations (except that you must be >21). Some are mostly populair after work-18-21.00, others are known as weekend night active. Many of the suburban Thai ones also offer free drinks and/or food and sometimes even put on shows. Entry is mostly 200 max.