Guest anonone

Holidays Home hotel - next to Mosaic and Blue House massage

Guest anonone

Has anyone tried staying at Holidays Home hotel yet?  It is next to Blue House massage and across the street from the Mosaic office. 

From the pictures on agoda and from walkiing by on past visits, looks like a fairly nice place, newly done up and clean.  Rates on agoda are 750 baht. 

Any one with experience or knowledge on this place? 

624441_14043014440019262999_800x600.jpg

he he and there I was waiting on YOU to try it so I could see were the beds any softer and how they reacted to joiners etc, the rooms are of course a little smaller than across the road but it's also cheaper, newer and (maybe) has softer beds, although I'm not sure after my staying in Mosaik all these years that I could hand on heart walk past them every day and into there and I do like and appreciate the privacy aspect of Mosaik and as I stay in the suites always going back to a "room" in a hotel might put me off somewhat, but hey once we hear YOUR review I guess we'll see !   :-)

And speaking of holidays I much to my own surprise found myself sitting checking out airline fares this afternoon  - and there are some really good bargains going just now it seems too so i guess once I find one with suitable flight times thats Christmas sorted, ha I don't know why I always sound surprised when I say that considered the number of years I've been doing EXACTLY the same ! :-)

So, see you in you know where no doubt Anon. lol 

Guest joe552

I don't remember seeing this place when I was there in June, so it must be fairly new?   I like the privacy of Mosaik, but would be interested in hearing what this place is like.

NIrish, I'm surprised you've waited this long to book your next trip.  I thought you usually do it in the transit lounge in Dubai. :p

Guest anonone

NIrish.  I thought quite a bit about Mosaic again, but I just can't risk having the concrete bed again. 

I also like a full service place much better, with the room cleaned everyday, fresh towels and such.  With as many "guests" as you are rumored to entertain, I have to wonder how you handle the logistics at Mosaic.  How many towels do they supply you with?  Or do they just hire on some additional laundry help during your stays?  :p  

I am sure to run into you around Christmas time. 

Anyway, I was hoping not to be the lead party on this place, but at least it will be low season. If we hate the place, we can always find another room pretty easy.

I sent off an email asking for a good rate and confirmation that there is no type of joiner fee.  See how thier reply goes....

Joe- pretty sure this place was open in June.  I had noticed the place earlier then that.  I stopped in during my August visit to get their contact info and chatted with reception just a bit.  Seems they staff reception until 2300 or so, but they will stay late for late arriving check in.  I think I noticed a security guard (sleeping) during the overnight hours as we were stumbling back to our room.

Guest anonone

NIrish.  I thought quite a bit about Mosaic, but I just can't risk having the concrete bed again. 

I also like a full service place much better, with the room cleaned everyday, fresh towels and such.  With as many "guests" as you are rumored to entertain, I have to wonder how you handle the logistics at Mosaic.  How many towels do they supply you with?  Or do they just hire on some additional laundry help during your stays?  :p  

I am sure to run into you around Christmas time. 

Anyway, I was hoping not to be the lead party on this place, but at least it will be low season. If we hate the place, we can always find another room pretty easy.

I sent off an email asking for a good rate and confirmation that there is no type of joiner fee.  See how thier reply goes....

Joe- pretty sure this place was open in June.  I had noticed the place earlier then that.  I stopped in during my August visit to get their contact info and chatted with reception just a bit.  Seems they staff reception until 2300 or so, but they will stay late for late arriving check in.  I think I noticed a security guard (sleeping) during the overnight hours as we were stumbling back to our room.

Is tis a re branding of the Flamingo? Or have they squeezed an additional hotel onto the street?

it's actually built in the original "blue house" location... Apparently a complete gutting and rebuild of that building

(which i am told was well overdue!)

No other comments to add except that it was open on my last visit at songkran....

And to once again re-iterate (on behalf of my BF) of his hatred of the mosaik security people... despite the comments above... Seems that his attitutude to privacy etc is the polar opposite of the members of this board!

Guest joe552

I  must have passed this place every day and just not noticed.  Just goes to show where my mind is when I'm on holidays (either the bar I'm heading to, or the boy I'm meeting)

You can't go far wrong booking in for 1 night in low season, then extending if it's OK.

Do they have a website? A google search didn't come up with anything. However, "Holidays Home Hotel" has dreadfully poor brand potential.

Guest anonone

I couldn't find a website for them.  They do list their rooms on agoda, which is how I obtained the photos posted above. 

I stopped into their place on my last visit.  While there, I was given a couple of business cards with contact information (email, phone number) as I thought we might want to try them out.

Not a great sign that I still have not received a reply to my email...

Not a great sign that I still have not received a reply to my email...

That's really a poor way to run a business.  It's low season, so they are most likely to have vacancies, so it makes sense to reply promptly to e-mails.  If they really are booked up, raise prices, but still reply to e-mails.

However, slow replies to e-mails seem common & the hotel can still be OK.

For example, I've found the Flamingo are very slow at replying to e-mails, yet whilst the hotel interior is old, the reception service, the cleaning, the bedding and everything that matters is just fine.

If anyone does find a website, please post a link.

" I thought quite a bit about Mosaic again, but I just can't risk having the concrete bed again."

I know what you mean and on my last trip I told them on day one to change it to a softer bed ( which they were quite happy to do by the way so be aware you can ask) but actually after the first night I found it was ok and I stuck with it without any discomfort the rest of my trip, maybe I'm just getting used to it !?

"I also like a full service place much better, with the room cleaned everyday, fresh towels and such. I have to wonder how you handle the logistics at Mosaic. How many towels do they supply you with? Or do they just hire on some additional laundry help during your stays? "

You do know that they'll clean your room, change your bed, fresh towels every day no problem if you ask, it's actually the opposite for me as the head woman of house keeping now "takes care" of me as a) she knows me and I give her a couple of 100 baht and something for the girls under here each trip. But my problem now is that they are TOO efficient and knock my door EVERY morning at around 10am to come in a change everything and we've now worked out that i put the chain on the door to stop them entering when I'm entertaining. ( which is usually every night anyway) then they turn the lock to let me know they've been and tried then when I eventually open my door about 3 or 4 pm to go for breakfast lol they're now always about ready to swoop so it all works out fine and likewise I just tell then to leave extra towels etc as they are fully aware of my pastimes and are always happy to oblige.

"I am sure to run into you around Christmas time."

He he I'll alert the whisky warehouse to make sure they're fully stocked lol.

"Anyway, I was hoping not to be the lead party on this place, but at least it will be low season."

?? Just be careful with that low season assertion as over the Brest dates Christmas I know mosaik for example can be fully booked many months in advance sometimes and actually I'll

be sending off my booking shortly once I

get my flights sorted.

And Colmx - not sure if your BF means it's NOT that private there and if so maybe I can maybe see how a Thai might think that as I know the security / reception staff don't miss much that goes on, especially around the front area, but they have NEVER said a negative word or caused and issue with me or anyone SE I see going in EVER, so I still think in terms of being left alone to get on with things it's hard to beat personally.

Guest anonone

NIrish: This is actually for a trip in a couple of weeks time, so I am sure there will be plenty of rooms avaialble if Holidays Home does not work out.  I will give them a bit longer to reply before I move on to plan B.  But now that you have said something, I should get around to booking something for the next couple of trips which will be in the midst of high season. 

Interesting that Mosaic was willing to give you a soft bed....do you pay extra for the daily cleaning?  I seem to recall from previous visits that cleaning was availble on request, but it seemed pretty pricey. 

And I get what Colmx and you are saying about Thais and "privacy".  BF will not consider any hotel in BT because it is not "private", which I now understand to mean everyone knows your business...what time you go to room, who you go with, etc.  As you mention, Thais are pretty observant and don't miss much.  I don't really care about it, but to BF it is a big deal. 

"Interesting that Mosaic was willing to give you a soft bed....do you pay extra for the daily cleaning"

Yes although I was fairly pissed off with Nong the last time as I'd pre booked my usual room in writing well in advance and when i turned up he'd moved to to another ( lesser) room, but the cop out was that it was still a "suite" but the furniture was older and it ws facing the main street as opposed to round the back where I usually stay and everyone COULD see my comings and goings and the massage guys ( who I entertained a few times in my room) were able to tell me my every move and with who and for how long ( and how I'd been cutting it fine with one arriving as one was leaving etc :-)

Re the cleaning yes I believe they do charge you per clean albeit it was only something like 200 baht or something ( don't quote me on that figure) but I've also a funny feeling that my cleaning was ex gratia and unofficial seeing as I'd tipped the head cleaner lady well, but I could be wrong about that as I rarely check my bill, although just on that point I DID check my overall bill on checking out last time and they'd charged my for an extra night, I'm guessing this was a genuine mistake as he just looked at the calendar and charged me whatever the rate was ( 1300 ?) times "x" amount of nights and got that figure wrong, but I've also a sneaking suspicion it maybe wasn't just as innocent as it appeared either perhaps so checking your bill is of course always a good idea after a longish stay perhaps.

Guest anonone

Well, I sent an email off to Nong to see what they have available...for a room with a soft bed.  LOL  Have to see what I actually end up with. 

Well, I sent an email off to Nong to see what they have available...for a room with a soft bed.  LOL  Have to see what I actually end up with. 

While Nong is a nice guy etc if you're booking make 110% sure you tell him something like if you give me a room with a hard bed I'm checking out immediately as like you I had put my request in writing to him and both he and I know we've had that same conversation several times now and much to my annoyance he TOTALLY ignored me in the hope that I'd have just have forgotten about it by the time I got there it - which I didn't, but after my giving  off a little bit to him and him then going and getting a softer mattress for me the next morning it turned I got my own back as by the time we got it sorted and up to my room I was "busy" again so I told him not to bother ( much to his annoyance at that stage) so our mutual annoyance all sort of balanced out, so do be VERY clear with him that you're not just "hoping" for a soft bed but BOOKING as a MUST and not as a hopeful request perhaps. 

Back on topic, ie Holidays Home hotel.

Still cannot find their website, therefore no way to contact the hotel directly.    If anyone is going near there, please walk in, grab a business card and share the details with us.  (Thanks)

Reviews:

Agoda -1 x Japanese review.  Google translation incomprehensible, 6 out of 10, so not generous with the score.

LP:  Several Thai reviews, scores between 6.7 & 9.6;  

One French review, score 7.9.   Complains about free wifi not actually working in room, which might be inconvenient for, er,  social networking. 

Guest anonone

Hi z....sorry, I didn't realize you wanted their contact info.

As I mentioned up thread, I stopped by during my last visit and chatted with reception for a bit.  They gave me a business card so I could contact them.

Holidays Home

20/175 Moo 10, South Pattaya Road

Nong Prue, Banglamung, Conburi, 20150

+66 38 411679

hhpty2014@gmail.com

After waiting a day or two for a reply to my email, I sent another asking for a reply.  They did reply somewhat later, but by that time I had already made other hotel arrangements. 

Their reply was apologetic for the delay and they communicated well via email.  Room was quoted at 750 baht per night as a low season rate. 

The last time I checked ( about 4 months ago now) I was told that they hadn't their website up yet and that it was "under construction", but I got the feeling that that was the Thai version of under construction ie well you might see one someday but I wouldn't hold your breath on that for a while perhaps.

.... I got the feeling that that was the Thai version of under construction ie well you might see one someday but I wouldn't hold your breath on that for a while perhaps.

That sounds about right.   Well, if it was my business, as the very minimum I would want to launch with a basic website that has some carefully chosen pictures and most importantly, contact details for the hotel.  If a full website follows later, fine, but why launch without one? 

Once they have a website, then the address can go on the business cards, people will post links to it on sites like this and hence it attracts the interest of additional customers.

I e-mailed 4 hotels yesterday. 

Holidays Home is one of the two hotels that have not replied yet.  Let's see how they go. 

if its not the old flamingo hotel, it therefore must be part of it (half of the old flamingo building) if your saying its between blue house & opp mosaic?  unleess its other side of blue house where the real estate shop was on the corner?

i gave up now with nong at mosaic he gives a bad service as they seem so busy with the straight guys staying here bringing back local thai ladies, when you walk into the office to bring things not right to his attention he doesnt even give you eye contact, as he too lazy to want to short things out now, the prices have gone up a bit too & not good value for money anymore considering flamingo & other new places