Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. As the OP, I appreciate the information on the public transport from the airport...but, my flight from the USA via Tokyo doesn't land until 2230. Probably go with ryanasia's suggestions to contact the hotel or use PTTaxi.
  2. Rate is down but still higher than Arena...
  3. Thai Puan, the free magazine in Thai gay venues, has a new issue out. There is a section on what's new in Jomtien. Here is a link http://www.thaipuan.com/whats-new/
  4. Here's an update via the BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39768764
  5. Of the three forums that are Thai gay topical, I decided to make this the one for my posts as the replies were usually informative and supportive and did not denigrate into trolling attacks as could be found in other places. There has been a slight shift recently and Vessey and Numazu were on the receiving end. Their reports are missed...but it's good to see that they are back commenting. I'll be in the Land of Smiles in early June and am planning on a trip report...see what happens.
  6. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I plan to visit next month.
  7. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    More than a send-off site, it's a launch pad.
  8. Agree with Vessey...@Home is friendly with (at least when I last visited) many Cambodian stunners. The Posiedon Hotel has one of the best restaurants...continental and Thai food. Generous portions. Chef is from the Netherlands. Never had a problem bringing a Boyztown boy back to Jomtien - I'm willing to take a taxi but the boy usually suggests the baht bus
  9. Scooby - recent comments and postings seem to have necessitated this...being proactive is good. Think a review after some time (6 months?) might be a good idea.
  10. Hmmm...I'll be in Pattaya in about three weeks...I'll report, Vipanu, just hope there's something to report!
  11. Hitchhiking would save some baht and provide some exercise not to mention meeting locals...but, I think I'll try one of the suggesions above, starting with asking the hotel.
  12. For my upcoming visit, I decided to go from the airport (BKK) to Pattaya. In the past I've gone to Bangkok first then ventured now and then to Pattaya. My flight will arrive around midnight on Saturday, I've booked at the Poseidon...what are some suggestions on companies / taxi services to get me to my destination will as little fuss as possible...as I will be incredibly jet lagged (22 hours on planes or in airports not to mention Thai immigration). Thanks
  13. Can't comment on the DeArni but encourage comparing prices on websites and doing it over several days. I've found the prices to vary by as much as 20% between sites and the price on one site vary from day to day. I also check to see if amenities are the same, some exclude breakfast, some have an extra tax.
  14. Two years ago, I got a Chinese visa...the price for a one time visit or a ten year visa was the same...so i took the ten year.
  15. Yes, thanks for your report
  16. Agree with Ryanasia, with all of the construction and property renewal going on around Twilight both on Surawong and Rama, I expect the land value will exceed soon the value of having Twilight operate.
  17. Good to see you back in Bangkok and reporting
  18. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    They upped their game
  19. I'll be in Thailand in June, the first three nights in Pattaya. In the past, I've stayed at Poseidon and been very happy. A good friend who travels to Pattaya quit often suggested that I try the Zing Hotel/Resort which is in the Jomtien Complex and very near to Poseidon. Any feedback on Zing?
  20. I had a similar series of massage experiences last October when I was in Vientiane and Luang Prabang.
  21. ggobkk replied to Alizizou's topic in Gay Thailand
    I am adding this to my list of Vinapu advice and tips for the seasoned (and unseasoned ) traveler. It should rank with the "smile" rule and putting different denominations of bhat in different pockets.
  22. Don't remember ever seeing #5. But to the left when facing the Agate is TBMI, the Thai Blind Massage place. Excellent regular massage. Last trip (early February) had a good massage with light HE at Blue Massage.
  23. Have a great trip Paulsf and feel free to report on HK
  24. I agree with Vinapu's suggested bars. Also check out HotMale bar (downstairs) and see if Paul SF is in residence as he's the Forum mamasan for soi Twilight. If he is (you can PM him), he will be a font of information and is a rock of a person.
  25. The bluetooth keyboards serve as a stand for tablets when I don't want to hold mine in my hands. Good on planes...at least those that allow tablets.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.