Everything posted by hank75
-
Food
Never had an issue with ice in any Silom bar/gogo/Soi 4 or Twilight outlet, not even that horrible little bar at De Arni hotel. But I would draw the line at the Thaniya food stalls...at those I stick to beer.
-
Jupiter 2018 is open!
I wonder what is Jupiter’s basic salary? More than other bars?
-
Election
Don’t worry they’re all open again tomorrow. Go for a massage tonight?
-
Food
I’d be interested to know where in Bangkok one might find an ‘enjoyable’ Western style salad. Most places fail to grasp the concept, even high end hotels and restaurants which are otherwise perfectly hygienic. Why not enjoy a plate of somtam or delicious stir fried morning glory, followed by some mango sticky rice for your daily fibre?
-
Election
I confess I am still valiantly trying - and failing - to understand the intricacies of this election, and possible outcome scenarios. Thailand’s bogus election
-
Election
Some of the gogo bars have announced closures tonight, others are ‘dry’ 24 hour alcohol ban starts tonight, another one next week
-
Are those two hotels open ?
I hope so, we look forward to another trip report from you! On Suriwongse, my friend was at Moonlight last week and says lobby was lighted, and there was the usual night receptionist on duty.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Well I don’t think anyone got this one...was the resemblance only apparent to me? First pic: Lucky Second pic: Mr Sunny!!!!!
-
Brexit Explained
The implications of no-deal: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47470864
- Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
- Afternoons
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Your daily dose of muscle worship Full video available on his public physical training page, FB ID: Atomic.fit
-
Cost from Pattaya to Bangkok for Overnight
Even in 2019 this is still around the monthly wage for an entry level white collar worker, much less in 2001! It makes me wonder...we are often told “oh Thai boys are earning XXX the monthly wage in Thailand”. But quite a few of them are university graduates (or drop outs but still with high school certificates) and qualify for office jobs or other jobs like car or motorcycle salesman, receptionist, hospitality roles in smaller hotels. What really is an accurate Bangkok white collar worker’s monthly wage? If there was truly no other job options open to them, the whole service industry would collapse as the workers went to work gogo. Sometimes I wonder if it is the ease of the work and lifestyle that appeals to them as they are always complaining about still being short of money despite popularity and multiple offs. Of course there are boys from farming backgrounds or whose education level only qualifies them for 7-11 work, and gogo boy income is an absolute windfall.
-
Cost from Pattaya to Bangkok for Overnight
I say this with respect and more than a tinge of envy...I can see why 8K overnight and two way transport did not faze you!
-
Pre paid credit card
Update: the transfer has been received and the amount posted to my credit card statement shows the exact conversion given by TransferWise. Similar to making an online purchase and does not seem to have incurred any hidden fees. Now all that remains to verify is whether I receive points off this transaction.
-
Jupiter 2018 is open!
True there are probably some boys who do not want their families to know they are working gogo. But there are others who are very open and have lots of photos of Jupiter/Moonlight on their own social media. If a small cash incentive is offered I’m pretty sure the boys have no objection appearing in promotional material. Moonlight’s strategy is to promote just the models as headliners, but I think they’d draw more customers if they show all their boys.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Saw a clip of York performing the She Bangs routine. It appears this is now shared between him, Tam and Babe with the first two subbing in when Babe is not available. The is the first time I’ve seen him in a full solo dance. He has a very animal presence that reminds me of Fluke and can really grind his hips!
-
Jupiter 2018 is open!
Yes...no pictures of the boys but so many pictures of the mamasans LOL. I suppose they are famous enough they don’t need to rely on social media? Moonlight has the best social media but they should also feature the rotation boys as many people now think the bar only has muscular guys.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
For a young guy like Fluke, probably working in a large and popular club venue geared towards a local audience is more exciting than Moonlight. It is a pity about the shower show though...now it seems only Babe does a decent one?
-
Jupiter 2018 is open!
Well I am very pleased for him, he is a very nice boy. Makes me 500 tip seem very paltry! Woman customer too? He must have made her very “happy” I wonder why I never see these money garlands at Moonlight. Maybe the customers there are too cheap? LOL
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Thanks to Jasper for catching this, not me lol. But unless you are there very soon, Nicky may already be back at Moonlight.
-
Cost from Pattaya to Bangkok for Overnight
So he was 8k without transport and you paid additional for his taxi? No judgement at all, it was very considerate of you to give him a comfortable ride.
-
Cost from Pattaya to Bangkok for Overnight
To give him the benefit of the doubt, I imagine he knew Michael gave him that fee with the expectation that he would take a taxi at least one way into Bangkok so he would not miss the appointment. Probably he took a bus return. And Thai boys are conscious about cleanliness, another way of ensuring he arrived looking (and smelling) presentable to the customer.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
If you click on it you will see it is a phone screen capture with the telco and battery life still visible. I suspect it is Nicky himself who sent it out and isn’t terribly tech savvy. LOL