Everything posted by Tomcal
-
Meo Mundo Closed
I was informed today that Meo mundo is temporally closed! It may open this next week! I dont have all details but am meeting the owner this Sunday for dinner, it doesn't appear it's voluntary but is temporary...
-
Hot topic
I would bet none of these where in the tourist zone of Rio! I have gone to Chicago many times for business, never saw or came close to a crime because I don't frequent the areas where the vast majority occurs, same as I do in Rio! No matter where you go, it's about being smart about your surroundings and limiting the chances of something negative happening to you! I also frequented NYC many times in the last 80's and 90's when Hell's Kitchen was the opposite of the upscale area it is now, and never had any problems.
-
Meio Mundo Tonight
I have never been in one of the free rooms, the ones you pay for are bad enough!
-
Badboys August 2017 Trip-Recap
yes they are Cornish game hens, but since they are very small, they call them "baby chickens ! You can get them with 3 different sauces, mild , spicy and Hot..Caliente! its not that hot, but then again I am used to Mexican food! great place to people watch especially the gay bar ToNemAi across the street from the restaurant.(last 2 pics) It is on the corner of R. Farme de Amoedo and R. Visconde de Piraja, 2 blocks in from the gay beach, Posto 9 in Ipanema.
-
RIO - Gay friendly hotel
Thats why for the last 10 years i have stayed in Apts in Rio! No hassles no problems! I love Airbnb!
-
Merida Mexico
I agree with OZ i dont think this issue has to be addressed by the admin here, we have a person who does't contribute anything constructive but continually makes negative comments, ignore him! And if he keeps it up then we can try the administrative remedy OZ suggests! i do have him on block so i dont know if he responded(and don't care) i am happy! If i cant see what he writes it is as if he doesn't exist! :-)
-
Merida Mexico
Thanks he is the first person i have put on the ignore list!
-
Merida Mexico
That is obviously you Kevin! Since your sole purpose on this board seems to be to critique motive, purpose, ridicule the poster, , etc. rather then provide information relative to the topic(s) being discussed! Looking at your posts there seems to be a at the best making fun of the poster to at the worse just being a ass! You try to disguise your petty bullying by putting "LOL" frequently at the end of your posts, its not working! We have had your type posters before on here! Never contributing anything worthwhile but quick to crave attention by critising the posts of others! Either way your contributions are minimal and you are more a troll then a comtributor since you started posting, IMO!
-
Merida Mexico
a few examples of Colonial homes in my neighborhood that have been restored. the floors are pasta tiles unique to the Yucatan area and they lay patterns so it looks like each room has area rugs but are really tiles.
-
Merida Mexico
For sone of you who messaged me here is some info: Mérida has one of the largest centro/ histórico-districts in the Americas (surpassed only by Mexico City and Havana, Cuba). Colonial homes line the city streets to this day, in various states of disrepair and renovation; the historical center of Mérida is currently undergoing a minor renaissance as more and more people are moving into the old buildings and reviving their former glory. This is being done primarily by Americans and Canadians because as one Mexican friend said to me " we don't want to live downtown where my grandparents lived! We want to live in the suburbs in new homes." Mérida has a centro/ histórico typical of colonial Spanish cities. The street grid is based on odd-numbered streets running east/west and even-numbered streets running north/south, with Calles 60 and 61 bounding the "Plaza Grande" in the heart of the city. The more affluent neighborhoods are located to the north and the most densely and less affluent populated areas are to the south. The Centro Histórico area is becoming increasingly popular with Americans, Canadians and other expats who are rescuing and restoring the classic colonial structures. The Los Angeles Times recently noted this surge of interest in rescuing Mérida's historic downtown.[4]. Mérida's Centro, or historic core, has an enormous stock of Spanish colonial buildings, in a kaleidoscope of sherbet-hued orange, red, green, and pale blue. Many of these homes are in total disrepair—more than a few have trees sprouting in their living rooms and facades crumbling into the streets—but a growing number are being lovingly maintained or refurbished by Mexicans and expats alike, who find in the bones of the city a canvas for their architectural fantasies. For those used to cutthroat markets in Miami or New York, the prices are literally unbelievable: A two-bedroom in need of a serious refurb, $25,000. A fixer-upper with room to add an in-ground pool, $115,000. A fully restored two-bedroom with a plunge pool and two-and-a-half baths, $160,000.(personally i didn't find anything that i liked in this price range) I am not one to work hard at resoring so i bought a home that had only the outside walls remaining 7 years ago and was completely restored with original tile work, beams etc., but with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and a pool and solar! The photos below are reprentative of the archeticure you will find-3rd pic is the college two blocks from my house
-
RIO - Information
Lurker, most nights its not open but the stairway going up to the bathrooms is how you access it! Also i believe they rent it for private parties.
-
RIO - Information
I agree with Bobbalino re: ToNemAi's drink prices(about the same as drink prices in Weho Gay bars) but it is a gay bar a 2 blocks off the beach in Ipanema usually packed on Weds. to Sun. nights after 9;00 and I have picked up a number of guys there... here is the FB page for it.https://www.facebook.com/tonemairestaurante/
-
Merida Mexico
Those closing costs are mostly fixed costs so if your buying a $250,000 or a $350,000. House your closing costs are not going to be a lot different, maybe a $1,000.
-
Merida Mexico
No that is not true ! Ojibear said "a small condo in his city would be $180,000."For that price in merida you could have a Home/single family residence! not a condo! but if you choose a condo it would be larger and nicer ghen what you could get in Canada, which i would guess is the reason so many Canadians have winter homes here. One thing about Mexican real estate is their are no mortgages for foreigers, so you have to pay all cash and closing costs are around $12,000.+US
-
Merida Mexico
http://yucatanexpatlife.com/u-s-realtors-recommend-merida-expats/. The one error is were he says "the average price of a home is $125,000.US. Not in the area were most of the expats live which is Centro! I doubt anyone reading this would be pleased with that price home there! I would guess the minimun price would be closer to $250,000.US and i saw some around that price that were nice.
-
Merida Mexico
FC, airbnb is what i used the first 4 times i came here when i was looking for houses. Basically 3 companies manage 90% of the homes in this area on Airbnb(including mine) very safe!! I cant emphasize that enough! At midnight you will see a mixture of ages from young to elderly strolling around at midnight in Centro! The houses were all in the centro area so you can easily walk to 100+ restaurants, bars, etc. As far as twinks go, there are alot of cute ones! Uber is great here and the way to go. pM me if you have any ?
-
Merida Mexico
I need to apologize for the spelling and grammatical errors in my last post, I was doing it on my phone! Thanks Bobbalino, but there are truly enough guys for everyone here! Today the doorbell rang at 11:00 and it was the cute guy from the party on my last trip, he left at 1:00 pm and at 2;00 a cute twink from another party showed up and wanted to know if I wanted some fun? He just left and I got a message from another guy that he is looking for "extra work, but I am going out to dinner with a couple friends and after I have a guy I met on grindr staying overnight(he has stayed that last 2 out of 3 nights but he has to get up at 7;00 am to go to work and I needed to sleep in this morning so I didn't have him stay last night and now he thinks I am mad at him...I tried to tell him he did nothing wrong). Going to Brazil next month and I think it will be more restful then Merida! lol
-
Merida Mexico
The first three days I was here I was volatile doing things the house but since last Sunday I've been busy busy with the different guys in town and I guess he is pretty good I have one guy comes at around noon every day of your comes another night and usually stays the night! Both of these guys i met off grindr! When i went on tonight within 10 minutes i had 16 guys message me! Not quite as good as the saunas in Rio but close! I now have 4 regulars depending on the day! Two are free abd two cost me $500. Pesos(about $28.us) and thats for all night!
-
Merida Mexico
btw, FloridaRob was the guy that talked me into visiting Merida a year and half ago! he moved there 5 years ago, we originally me in Rio in 2002, and he has spent hundreds(Thousands? ) of days HOing all over the world with emphasis on Cuban, Mexican, Brazilian and Thai guys! He is the true expert!
-
Merida Mexico
You right about that he was really cute and really nice guy...i might be monogomous for him!!.........ok i'am joking about the monogomous part but not about how cuteche was!
-
Merida Mexico
It is owned by a attractive Gay Guy from Ireland! Very nicre restaurant and bar 1/2 filled with Canadian and American expats and 1/2 Mexican nationals, it is not a "gay" bar but very gay friendly!
-
Merida Mexico
I cant get into your PM' but i am here and will be at Hennesey's irish pub at 7:00 tonight. I'll be the one with the french bulldog as they allow dogs in the restaurant! :-)
-
Merida Mexico
""What happened to the Brazilian guy that you said was special and you were in love with? I think you said he is a medical doctor (or lawyer?). laughing out loud" .................................................................. Dont know why you are laughing? Thats him! He is staying with me in Sept, and i am taking a day trip to Petropolis to to meet his parents! Should be interesting!
-
Merida Mexico
there are 4 gay bars/clubs that I am aware of and one sauna about 20 mins outside the town center, many museums since the city was established the 1500's, and there is a lot of history. there are the Pyramids near Tulum and Chichen Itza, Many ceynotes(limestone sinkholes, resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath) that form beautiful a swimming holes and caverns, for the nature lovers there is a huge flock of Flamingoes that nest west of Merida as well as many other forms of wildlife(I have parrots that come by the house everyday) and I find the guys there really good in and out of bed. but then I may be dealing with a different caliber then you would be. I enjoy cocktail hour at Villa Verde, and margaritas at Las Vigas bar/restaurant(Not a Misspelling). so it is a different experience then I have in Brazil, still great sex just more selective I guess! I wish I could post photos of the 3 guys that came to the last party, they truly would compete with the best that the saunas of Brazil offers...with the exception of one guy there who is coming to Merida this winter and who I may become exculsive in my older years! LOL
-
Guadalajara Escorts
. Sounds like 1/2 the guys working at the saunas! I can't tell you how many grandmothers need heart transplants or kidneys when i am in Brazil! It almost reaches epidemic proportions! But evidently are avaiable for $300. - $500.R LOL