Everything posted by BigK
-
'Consumer Reports' says to avoid these new cars
Subcompact cars Smart ForTwo (tiny, two-passenger cabin, a herky-jerky transmission, an under-powered engine ... a dumb choice) Scion iQ (rear seat is awful, the cabin is loud, acceleration is molasses-like) Chevrolet Spark (ride is stiff, the dinky 1.2-liter engine is slow, and handling is lackluster) Compact cars Scion tC (lack of driving enjoyment, hard ride) Mitsubishi Lancer (under-powered engine, noisy interior) Dodge Dart (unrefined ... more expensive than most competitors) Midsize sedans Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger (corporate cousins ... plenty of them on dealers' lots at a discount. Don't be tempted.) Large sedans Ford Taurus (ridiculously cramped for such a large car ... controls for its MyFord Touch infotainment system are complicated and distracting ... reliability has been sub-par) Luxury sedans Lexus IS (falls short — very short) Lincoln MKS (doesn't cut it as a luxury sedan) BMW 7-Series (a ponderous, technology-laden vehicle with ... ungainly handling) Wagons & minivans Honda Crosstour (ungainly handling ... unintuitive and complex touch-screen radio system) Small SUVs Jeep Compass (2.4-liter engine is rough and sluggish ... cabin is cramped, cheaply trimmed) Jeep Patriot (compliant ride and mostly simple controls. But little else stands out.) Jeep Cherokee with 2.4-liter engine (half-baked ... under-powered and not very fuel-efficient, and the nine-speed automatic transmission is unrefined and unresponsive) Mitsubishi Outlander (handles clumsily, the ride is fairly stiff, and the interior feels cheap) Midsize & large SUVs Ford Edge (unrefined powertrain ... ride is jittery and road noise invades the cabin. And the MyFord Touch system is convoluted to use) Nissan Armada (overall fuel economy of 13 mpg is abysmal, reliability is poor and ownership costs are the worst in the category) Dodge Journey (below-average reliability ... lack of agility ... transmission is reluctant to downshift) Luxury SUVs Volvo XC90 (an old design that wasn't that competitive when new) Lincoln MKX (handling is clumsy, the My Lincoln Touch control system is frustrating, and it has been unreliable) Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (choppy ride, a noisy cabin, and disconcerting emergency handling)
-
Amazing love story
Very touching. What a dedicated and selfless young lady.
-
Ellen Page: 'I am gay'
I hope Michael Cera doesn't take this personally.
-
Poll: Your Favorite Gay TV Kiss
I voted for Brian & Justin, but Kevin & Scotty deserve honorable mention!
- kn hospital
-
Bruno Mars does Prank for Ellen and my Gaydar FLIES off the chart
He's quite a charming and well spoken young man. Don't know his music.
-
Woody Allen Speaks out against the Molestation Allegations
What a fucked up situation. I prefer to believe Woody because the alternative is so much worse.
-
Poor Kate Middleton
Poor Kate...I'm sure she's dreading wearing the jewelry and gems from the Queens personal collection.
-
travel
I enjoy traveling. Helps my restless spirit to see new places and experience new things. Airplanes and airports no big deal, just bring a good book, listen to music and occasionally catch a movie.
-
Caption This (Edwardian Edition)
I wonder how many of these photo's are faked???
-
Dr. Smith saying 'creature'
Fun clips. I have such vague memories of watching The Time Tunnel as a child. It captivated me then, but I can't really remember any of it. Just added it to my Netflix Queue
-
Netflix Adds 18 Titles In February
Thanks for the information. Haven't watched House of Cards yet, and now I realize I better get started soon if season 2 is coming out soon. Just started The Following...not so sure I'm getting into it. I'm giving it a couple more episodes.
-
2014 Academy Award nominations (full list)
I really enjoy seeing movies. But I just can't get my head around the previews I saw of HER. Phoenix just seems so pathetic as does the theme.
-
Porn Star Can Return To High School
Well I bet he's popular.
-
Honoring Dr. King
An incredible speech and an incredible Man. One cannot help but wonder what impact a full life would have had on our country.
-
Want to send a gay Olympian to Sochi?
Johnny Weir's statement is well thought out and nicely expressed. Too many times Gay Advocates think that everything has to center around being gay. That point of view is insulting to many gays as Weir so eloquently points out.
-
Oh, the horror
Velveeta, Rotel & a microwave = great chili con queso.
-
Majority in U.S. say make pot legal
We may as well legalize all drugs. Our policing resources should be directed elsewhere. Diminishing the black market should also put a dent into organized crime, gangs etc. Post post note: I haven't been able to reply with quotation for a few days now. My post is supposed to include Tampa Yankees post as my endorsement of his views.
-
2014's Most Affordable Cities For Budget Living
I've been to Memphis and liked the city.
-
The worst living Actor and Actress
Worst Actor: Adam Sandler Worst Actress: Don't care.
-
The Day Planner
I vaguely remember the old ditto machines. Schools used them to print flyers in my grade school years.
-
If you could only pick ONE...which one would you pick?
Kevin Warhol (sorry Nick Lovell)
-
Xmas decorations
Nice decorations and how sweet it is of you to show off your mother's ornaments for her and the family to see again.
-
Tom Daley, British Olympic Diver comes out
He's put a lot of pressure on himself now to make sure the relationship works. That in itself will be difficult. I wish the best to them...Daley seems like a sweet person.
-
GLEE's hottie hottie Chipmunk Song
That ship has sailed!