Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    The question is, how many olives to put into all those martinis. Best regards, RA1
  2. Is Russia borrowing the money from China? Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Unfortunately, I have known a few addicts and plenty of folks with addictive personalities. There are a lot of ways to succumb to human frailties aka deficiencies. I had no intention of invoking or referring to persons known or unknown with my comments. If you read my posts you might realize that I observe a lot of "segues" that perhaps do not occur to others. Sorry if that offends. In regards to this very talented actor, he will be sorely missed by many. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Addictions and acting foolishly are both deficiencies in character, something very common these days. I am not saying life is easy. It is not. But what we learned growing up (those of us who did) is the salvation of our future as individuals and as a country. There are many temptations and it is all too easy to succumb to one or more of them. But, does that mean we should not try to resist? OK, sorry to be on a moral soapbox. I just see some validity to various reports of Black folks in the US having fewer out of wedlock children before the "great Society" than now. Out of wedlock children are at a distinct disadvantage. According to one report, only about 3% of children in married households are "mired" in poverty. Again, I apologize for preaching. I am alarmed about what is going on in this country and do not wish to "just" say that I shall not be here for the final result. That is not sufficient. Best regards, RA1
  5. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The Bieb and his entourage were detained Friday at TEB (Teterboro) while various officials went through the luggage, etc. Supposedly strong smell of marijuana detected after landing. There is speculation that the pilots called ahead with this information or that the US is getting tired of his antics. They found nothing and released everyone after 3-4 hours. Nice start to the SB week-end. Whether pilots agree or disagree about the use of marijuana, it currently is illegal for them to use period. I remember one trip where my two screw ball passengers were smoking weed and I did not like it at all. What you do on your own time is your business but not while flying in a small plane. Also, let us not forget the crash of Ricky Nelson's plane where reputedly explosive drugs were being used. Some of these kinds of activities are safety of flight issues and cannot and should not be ignored by passengers. Best regards, RA1
  6. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    I think I know that dip. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    You would if your $ and the point spread just went out the window. It is pretty amazing on what one can make a wager. The pay-out was 50 to one if you thought (correctly) that a safety would be scored. Also there was an "under" on how long the opera singer would take to do her rendition of the National Anthem. The mid point was 2 + 30 and she did it in 1+56. I used to think it was funny when folks claimed they would bet on which rain drop would make it to the bottom on the window first but that thinking has long been surpassed. Best regards, RA1
  8. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Entertainment was superior for a SB. Otherwise nothing super about this game, regardless of who one might be for. Best regards, RA1
  9. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    Ah, the third dimension of the (known) 4. I just wasn't thinking of it that way but now I understand it. Let's hope your reference to MJK doesn't "flame up". Best regards, RA1
  10. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    AS- I am not sure what is meant by the Z coordinate. Regardless of the Kennedy family achievements or transgressions, my intention was not to start any comments about same. I sought merely to comment on the unfortunate event that led to the conclusion of JFK, Jr.'s life. So sad. Best regards, RA1
  11. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    We have here a difference of opinion. Bieb is a juvenile delinquent with too much money to spend and no guidance. JFK, Jr. was a wealthy member of US political society who had a lot of money and not enough guidance. Yes,JFK., Jr was a victim of a bad decision but that decision was based upon his previous background. I hate to say that wealthy and intelligent folks often think their wealth or egos are sufficient to make them successful pilots. Unfortunately, not so. Best regards. RA1
  12. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    Same root cause. Too much money, not enough discipline. He had enough money to buy a plane but not enough discipline to learn to fly it properly and not enough "seasoning" to take someone with him. Best regards, RA1
  13. Fascinating. From this account (and others) there is little doubt that Snowden committed a crime. There is also little doubt that the remedy for this should be a pardon. I suppose the only hope for this, forlorn though it might be, would be a future US President who "reformed" the NSA, among other things, and provided a pardon. I know, you have a bridge for sale at a very good price. Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to TampaYankee's topic in The Beer Bar
    Another wasted young person. Same basic reason. Too much money, not enough discipline. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    What is the opposite of phobia, irrational affection? If we skip #2, then the rest won't follow. I realize that is irrational today. Best regards, RA1
  16. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Zip- Have you signed the petition to have him removed from Canada? LOTS of folks have signed same to have him removed from the US. He could become a modern man without a country for new and silly reasons. What a waste. Best regards, RA1
  17. Tank brake test. Shades of Dukakis. Best regards, RA1
  18. "about 7 inches" a common reason given for women not being able to tell the size of anything and probably ditto for other SO's. Best regards, RA1
  19. I just emailed a friend in NZ and his reply was, "the papers make it sound like he went there for a beer but it was the closest place to get help. He might have had a beer while he was there, of course. " Best regards, RA1
  20. Where else would a Kiwi or OZ go after an encounter with a shark but a pub? Best regards, RA1
  21. lookin- As always, you are correct. My east - west was entirely confused. Also my north - south. When your compass goes completely haywire, you just have to go straight ahead and hope for the best. This happens to me frequently when I go into snow country this time of year. I am completely confused when the high temperature is minus anything as it was this week while I was in Indiana. I have now escaped back into the still cold South but forecast to be warm and friendly in a matter of a few days. Best regards, RA1
  22. No one wins with too much salt which I consider a bad habit. Yes, we need "some" but not nearly as much as most of us get per diem. I don't cook with salt and, in fact, do not have it in my home. Yet, I am sure I still get more than enough of it in various foods. If everyone threw the salt shaker out the back door and concentrated on other herbs and spices we all would be better off. OK, enough preaching. I still say adding salt is a bad habit. Best regards, RA1
  23. Better answer, wayout. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
  24. BTW- Not to pick on anyone but personally I am now sure what "bi" really is. The only person I know who might actually qualify is AS and he is a "special case". Best regards, RA1
  25. As a guess, it might say "cats" on one side of the helmet. Certainly there is not enough room to say "bearcats". What the hell is a bearcat anyway? lookin- You should know that Vandy has real teams with real athletes and no I did not go there. Just because the IQ of the wrestling team is higher than their weight class does not mean they are not "real" athletes. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.