Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. Whistleblowers, press reporters and Indians forever. Best regards, RA1
  2. I have found that verbiage usually is a cover for logic or good intentions. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Everyone has issues with the lack of oxygen but likely you will acclimatize in a few days. Not one or two, but in a few. I have a relative who lives "up the mountain" from COS which is Colorado Springs. COS is at 6,000 feet and my relative likely lives at over 7,000 feet. When visiting I usually had a headache for a few days. This is when I used to smoke. Regardless, expect to feel a little "weak" or the like + maybe have a slight headache for a little while but soon you will get over it. Best regards, RA1
  4. I was waiting for hito to respond to this thread as in AS's latest post for him. I, too, welcome the so called debate. We shall see, shall we not? Best regards, RA1
  5. Well, I know some who do. But, so far, they have not expired. Good luck and good greetings to them all. Best regards, RA1
  6. I am perfectly willing for any Beagle to head the NSA or any other government agency. However, most of them are over qualified to do so. Best regards, RA1
  7. I never thought of that but I seldom have or had anything "about to spoil". It either had already or was suitable to eat "as is". However, my sister would be a good candidate for this sort of recipe. She thinks things are still good well after another's nose has issued a spoil date report. Best regards, RA1
  8. One of the problems is the US depends too much upon technology for its' intelligence gathering. Crunching numbers, spy in the sky, drones and computer analyzing all have their place but I have to agree with Tom Clancy (and others) who suggest that nothing really can take the place of human resources. Kind of anti-whistleblowers. In other ways the US takes the wrong tack. We do not permit profiling of airline passengers (and others) while we have an excellent example of how well this works as used by the Israelis. In the meantime the TSA strip searches babies and grandmothers while annoying everyone (except the terrorists). I, for one, am not willing to give up the rights and freedoms we already have given up (temporarily I hope) for so called security. Security is an illusion as is freedom without sacrifice and fighting for it. Best regards, RA1
  9. LOL. Best regards, RA1
  10. Maybe not but the Soviets did advise the US government that at least one of these guys was up to no good. Who are you going to believe, your lying eyes or me? Best regards, RA1
  11. Imagine a mixture of Madame Tussauds (one still in LAS) and Graceland and you will have an approximate idea of the Liberace Museum. Although I have been to Clinton's in LIT, the big art museum in Chicago and a few others here and there, you may correctly assume the ones I cherish and would go back to in a NY second include the Air and Space Museum, the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Field, the aviation museum at Boeing Field (Seattle), a small aviation museum in RIC (Richmond, VA) and various other small museums and exhibits as I have stumbled across them in my travels. That includes a replica of "Fat Boy" in KS, the Staggerwing Museum in Tullahoma, TN, the Intrepid in NYC, etc. The one aviation museum of note that I have not visited is the Navy one near PNS (Pensacola, FL) which is silly because I have been in the area so many times. Best regards, RA1
  12. I always wondered what porridge was like. Now I know it is sort of like Cream of Wheat. I have been to the museum in LAS and I am pleased that I did go, although I likely would not go back (even if it were still open). Interesting list. Thanks for posting it. Best regards, RA1
  13. You are going to hide his shoes and then bring up other things for consideration? Best regards, RA1
  14. ihpguy- Many, if not most, folks like a pizza after a period of recreational stimulants or the like. Some like to drink theirs and some like to smoke them. Best regards, RA1
  15. To announce his presence? Best regards, RA1
  16. "I know nothing", Sgt. Schultz. Best regards, RA1
  17. I am willing to suppose you do not mean bing bong as in a door bell? Best regards, RA1
  18. There is NO doubt I would rather have one of those delivery guys rather than the pizza. Best regards, RA1
  19. But, I do. Best regards, RA1
  20. Do you? I think you are a very nice guy, but do you GET our points? Best regards, RA1
  21. I don't disagree about the frozen pie dough. My mother made Southern pecan pie as Christmas "favors/gifts" for many years which were sought after far and wide. She used frozen pie dough and still the pie was wonderful. Otherwise your suggestion is a good one and I shall follow up. You may look for my report within the next few months. I think your relationship with a Bean Town person is ideal. However flying to BOS for a pizza might be a little cost prohibitive (but likely worth it). Best regards, RA1
  22. I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I always log out when either I am through posting or think I am, which is not always the same thing. If I don't close the browser (IE) then I can go right to the forum page but I do have to log in again. If I close the browser then I have to go to the main page and avow that I am not a porn police person and go from there. In other words I have not had the above problem. However, the problem that I do have is, almost every time I try to post a reply, something changes from what I am used to or supposed would happen. In other words, the font is changed (randomly it seems) or the size is changed (also randomly). So, after typing a few words I observe that they are underlined or in italics or have a line through them or are so small most could not read them without enlargement. This is annoying but not as annoying as some other problems we have suffered in the past. I hate it when the size changes without advance notice. :) Best regards, RA1
  23. Actually pizza can be made more healthful (or less) but I don't think it will ever be an integral part of the food pyramid. However, if catsup is a vegetable, why not pizza as something good for you. Actually I don't eat pizza more than 4 or so times a year. Here is the "problem". If I don't have anyone handy or willing to go out for a pizza then I must consider eating one at home. I have never found delivery pizza to be remotely satisfying. Some are better than others but none are that good. Grocery bought frozen pizza is very average at best but can be OK in a pinch. I know folks who buy a basic pizza and then add their own ingredients. Good for them. That can help. There is a local outlet that makes the pizza to your preference but does not cook it. I find that the better alternative for cooking or eating pizza at home. Not perfect but a good solution. One day I shall learn to make pizza dough and keep the ingredients that I prefer on hand for "truly home made" pizza, but that day is not today or tomorrow. What do others think or what are your experiences? Best regards, RA1
  24. Scary. The IRS has had a long standing policy of paying a portion of any recovered taxes from a taxpayer who is "turned in" by another tax payer, BUT, the consequence of turning another in is an audit on one's own tax returns. Fair enough, especially if played fairly by the IRS. However, what is transpiring with these other whistleblowers is to turn any such a procedure or policy on its' ear and shake the patriot until his guts are all mixed up, if not in an uproar. The writer asks who shall blow the whistle on the defenders of the acts which caused the initial whistleblowing? The answer better be us. Best regards, RA1
  25. Some think we have already lost or to quote Walt Kelly and Pogo, "We have met the enemy and they are us". Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.