Everything posted by RA1
-
CBO: Tax Breaks Cost $12 Trillion Over Decade, Benefit Most Wealthy
I certainly do not excuse Republicans to which many of my prior posts can testify. Pols are pols. I consider them the problem but also the remedy. They just need proper guidance from us, the informed voters. Best regards, RA1
-
Thinking About Going Back to Church
Olivet Baptist Church is in MEM and Kenneth Whalum, Jr. is a local ne'er do well so to speak. He is not only a pastor but also a politician. Need I say more? Best regards, RA1
-
Store-bought veggie burgers -- beware?
CharliePS- How did you get to Catalina Island? Just curious. A trip by water has always looked interesting but I have always flown. Avalon looks interesting from the air and also the spot where Natalie Wood mysteriously drowned. I have a story about spotting a submarine on the far side of the island which I will relate if anyone cares to hear it. Best regards, RA1
-
Salmon Grilled
Funny how regional tastes are. I have noticed in the SEA area that many prefer Canadian salmon, although I am positive there are plenty available closer to home (although Canada is just a few miles away). There is a little restaurant by the ferry to the San Juan Islands near Everett, WA that serves lovely (Canadian) salmon. One memory that I have similar to TY's is eating freshly caught Brook Trout that were pan fried. My nephew had literally just caught them and being the unusual kid he was, he only used his hands. Amazing to watch him stand in a brook and catch a trout. Delicious. Best regards, RA1
-
Secret Messages Discovered in Donald Trump’s Hair!
I have bought many strange things while dilly dallying at ATL but I have never noticed a cuneiform CD for sale. Probably it was over near the Ebonics section. I did once buy a thrown model airplane that would come back to the thrower. It would, so long as the thrower was the person selling them. Trump has my vote. But, not necessarily for President. Best regards, RA1
-
Store-bought veggie burgers -- beware?
Fantasy of Flight, near Polk City, FL reputedly has a good veggie burger and the airport on Catalina Island has very good buffalo burgers. There is a very large herd of buffalo on the island provided initially by the Wrigley family which is self sustaining. So, the buffalo is not only good but fresh and local. How much further away from ME can I get? Best regards, RA1
-
CBO: Tax Breaks Cost $12 Trillion Over Decade, Benefit Most Wealthy
What is the difference between not voting due to indifference and not voting due to a belief that nothing will change. To me that is a "complete" definition of apathy. The folks you describe as ignorant and oblivious are pathetic, not merely apathetic. Those folks CAN change things. However, like you, I prefer they become knowledgeable before they just start changing things. I was trying to be nice when I said the country is trying to be all things to all people. What I really meant was politicians and mainly democrats. I am all for helping folks. I am thrilled about how many citizens have offered to help at OK or last year, on the east coast. However, I can see the day possibly coming where most will say, we pay taxes, let the government do it. I hope to be gone when and if that day comes. Best regards, RA1
-
Store-bought veggie burgers -- beware?
I know plenty of people who would ask, what is a veggie burger followed by I don't want one. I think I sort of fit into a middle group. If I eat meat, I prefer to know what it is. I love veggies but no disguise necessary. My sister has a recipe which she described to me as not tasting like squash at all. I am afraid I said, what is the point? She let me back in the house after only a minimum sentence. You don't have to ask me twice about a food forum. Best regards, RA1
-
WSOP What I Miss
I don't understand. What is playing for fun? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Whiny Bimbo. Do I have to qualify on both counts? Do I have to? Tell me, do I have to? Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Another example. I don't think I have ever seen a bee spell anything. Best regards, RA1
-
Salmon Grilled
Poaching African wild game was not what I had in mind so I understand your grief and reluctance. What I had in mind was a rabbit out of season for tonight's supper. Or, similar. Best regards, RA1 Tortured minds have the same demons?
-
Salmon Grilled
Poaching is a great way to get wild game. Just don't get caught. Best regards, RA1
-
Behind the scenes of "Behind the Candelabra"
Very sad. Best regards, RA1
-
A Nice Day For A Gay Wedding
So, you were there? I still offer my sincerest wishes for their happiness. Best regards, RA1
-
Surreal
I would rather be nuts than so distressed that I have to seriously consider taking my own life. I completely realize that there are those who do so with utmost distress and I completely wish they would not. Again, I hope that I would be diagnosed as nuts if I were to do so. Regardless, all who might do so have my complete sympathy. Best regards, RA1
-
A Nice Day For A Gay Wedding
Is this article suggesting that both grooms were virgins or am I living way too far back in the dark ages? With the drama shifting forth and back, this account is more like a soap opera than a wedding. However, I have been to weddings with more drama. Good luck to them both, the city of Montpelier and folks around the globe. I guess I should have said, much happiness but this is a gay wedding? Best regards, RA1
-
Surreal
The "news" accounts of folks watching someone on a building ledge, yelling, jump, jump are not "jokes". People really are nuts. One question is, who is nuttier, the jumper or the audience? Best regards, RA1
-
CBO: Tax Breaks Cost $12 Trillion Over Decade, Benefit Most Wealthy
As always, the party currently in power does the gerrymandering. Therefore they take turns which just means politics as usual. Best regards, RA1
-
Not exactly toilet water
I have had sim rides like that. The simulator operator can make the sim do things that are not natural in a real airplane, during some of which, they usually warn you to avert your eyes. Of course, boys being boys, some HAVE to look and then start to feel queasy. Now don't you wish you had an escort sim to practice un-natural things or is that an inflatable object? Best regards, RA1
-
Salmon Grilled
The urge to spawn can certainly raise the price of escorts. Best regards, RA1
-
CBO: Tax Breaks Cost $12 Trillion Over Decade, Benefit Most Wealthy
When I wrote the voters can easily overcome unfair tax laws I meant by voting in different folks. Something much easier to write than do. Apathy abounds. Otherwise they can try to persuade their current Congress critters by writing to them and various other legal means. No ricin enclosed, please. Can legislation solve all the problems you mention? I think laws are concepts reduced to writing about what various thought they should be trying to do, much like a contract. But there is no such thing as a contract that cannot be broken and laws are the same. Is not this country trying to get the government to be all things to all people? Did we not learn from the SPQR, the Republic of Rome, that this cannot and will not happen? While I do not like a small group of folks controlling and concentrating such a huge percentage of the wealth, I am very fearful of the road our country seems to be embarked upon. As I think we agree, neither party is doing anything effective to try to deal with these problems. Best regards, RA1
-
Not exactly toilet water
Kind of the reverse. Intersections are geographical points used in aviation to define where you are (or at least where you were a few seconds ago). There is one near the eastern coast of Japan that is unpronounceable by most Japanese. However they expect those whose first language is English to pronounce it correctly so if a pilot pronounces it the way he or she hears it, the Japanese become angry or at least not happy as they automatically assume they are being mocked. Best regards, RA1
-
CL ad: Casting call for "Sex, Drugs and Blueberries"
Well, gee, after all the years I spent (one night) in BGR, I have few other than good thoughts about ME. Actually almost all of the time I have spent in ME was in BGR and I found the folks there to be friendly, the lobsters good and even the weather to not be horrible. However, the nearby Atlantic Ocean no doubt moderates their climate a bit. They also did not seem to be after the very last dollar I might have in my pocket (unlike some places further down east). Like many who are just passing through (the story of my life), I may have a different perspective from others. Best regards, RA1
-
CL ad: Casting call for "Sex, Drugs and Blueberries"
I think their veins run with gold. After all, there is no more property being made. Except in Dubai. Best regards, RA1