Everything posted by RA1
-
Boy Scouts are no longer relevant
The Boy Scouts aren't so much irrelevent as are the policies of their national so called leadership. They had a chance, years ago, to "ease" into a reasonable transition and resisted doing so. Of course, a lot of so called leaders cannot or do not see the handwriting on the wall even though "others" do. I try to be tolerant of churches and I wish they would try to be tolerant of me (and some do). Best regards, RA1
-
Arizona - the wackado state. . .
There would be none left. Not necessarily a bad thing. Best regards, RA1
-
To escorts: Measure your junk, there's an app for that
I think you did. Best regards, RA1
-
What would Emily post?
Who are you calling a sober poster? Your reply was predictable and very sensible. Now, have another shot on me. Best regards, RA1
-
Trip Advisor reviews?
You could do it "for fun". Once on a cruise with a "well known" escort, I told our dinner table companions that we were "secret reviewers" but could not reveal whether we were reviewing the ship, its' on shore offerings or just what. My "companion" nearly choked when I made this announcement but recovered enough by taking a sip of wine and "re-joining' the conversation. One person's trash is another's treasure and reviews of places, people and things tend to be somewhat the same. You pay your money and you take your chances. Best regards, RA1
-
Sleep Apnea Anyone?
I use a full face mask. It did take a couple of days to get used to it but the adjustment is more phychological than physiological. I use an "older" mask partly because it works and partly because newer ones appear to need a "new" adjustment period, if they work at all. My doc keeps bugging me to try new masks. I wonder if he is getting a kickback? I do wipe the mask down with rubbing alcohol before each use. This has not caused any noticable deterioration of it and it kills germs and helps keep the mask clean. Generally only a very few minutes, like 3-5, are necessary for the alcohol to dissapate so you are not smelling it or breathing the fumes. By the time you brush your teeth, take a whiz and otherwise prepare for sleeping, the mask is ready for use. Best regards, RA1
-
Sleep Apnea Anyone?
What is your day like physically? I find it easiest to fall asleep and stay asleep when I am "tired". Perhaps you need more appointments with boys? I always sleep pretty well "afterwards". Best regards, RA1
-
A Question About Reviews on BoyToy
1-5 Best regards, RA1
-
Hillary meme
It makes one wonder who was the "real" president during the Clinton administration, doesn't it? Best regards, RA1
-
Good-bye, and Keep Cold
RF is no Sandburg but then, who is, to include him? Would you rather read about woods, cold and dank, or Chicago, hog butcher to the world? I would rather see pix of naked boys. Best regards, RA1
-
Oz's license plate?
Was there a boy onboard? That would have been your strongest clue. Best regards, RA1
-
The Rickshaw Run: A Cross Country Ride in India in a Tuk Tuk
Sounds just like a taxi ride from JFK to Brooklyn to me. Best regards, RA1
-
A Trick for Cheaper Flights
This "trick" was in use before there was such a thing as FF miles. It was especially prevalent when "hidden cities" were "legal" and shortly thereafter. You definitely had to carry on all your luggage and be alert for any gate changes or late flight so that you could accurately make your "connection". Most of my flights were/are one way on the airlines. No, the aircraft do not self destruct after I have been aboard nor do the airlines just decide to cancel flights between two cities because I wanted to go there. It is just that I was there to either pick up or deliver an aircraft and flew myself one way. The point being and this is true sometimes today, a R-T ticket might be cheaper than a one way, especially if the return involved a Saturday night stay or one of the other airline restrictions. What are they going to do if you go one way and don't ever come back? Dig you up or "force" you to return? No, they will simply void your return and go on. Best regards, RA1
-
Glitches . . .
For whatever it is worth, now, when I sign out I seem to stay signed out. In other words, seemingly the site software is working as advertised on this aspect anyway. Best regards, RA1
-
Boeing 787 Screamliner
So far no one seems to know what the technical problem really is or, if they do, they are not saying publically. Lookin has it right in that it IS a PR problem for sure. And, AS has it right in that the thread has become tiresome. However I cannot resist making a couple of observations. The FAA cannot ground a whole fleet unless the whole fleet is entirely US registered. They can void the type certificate which would have the same effect but is a different process. So far, they have not done this. The NTSB can investigate but not legislate. The FAA does and should listen to recommendations from the NTSB but are not by law bound to follow same. There are two kinds of jet aircraft. Those that are leaking fuel now and those that are about to do so. As AS pointed out, new babies have all sorts of teething problems. I never knew you could be such a good parent, AS. Best regards, RA1
-
Boeing 787 Screamliner
Sorry, but you are just speculating as is the NTSB and any others regarding this issue. Of course, most of those have far more expertise than you. You are welcome to ride the A340 in th meantime with its' tail issues and the A350 which is facing the same issue about lithium batteries as Boeing. The A350 is not yet in production but that does not seem to stop you from flying on it, just as you did on the not yet certified or delivered 650. It must be fun to live in the dream world in which you seem to exist with no reality at all. Best wishes. RA1
-
Another Fucking Upgrade Oz: You are kidding?
lookin- Your suggestions only make too much sense so likely they will never be utilized. I never met a technowizard who wasn't "eaten up" with his or her own ability. Meaning, no mistakes. Best regards, RA1
-
Phnom Penh – A Holiday In Cambodia! BoyToy's Guide to this amazing Asia city
Cambodia is a very interesting country and still very inexpensive. I have not been there except to overfly it but I have a straight friend who has spent a lot of time there doing "charity" work. He has reported what was reported in the initial post (except for the gay information) + a lot more. In any case his report of how friendly and caring Cambodians seem to be is very endearing. As an example, he became ill with a blood clot that lodged in his lung and was life threatening for a while. His hotel management visited him every day in the hospital because they cared. Also, when he finally was able to fly, his Cambodian doctor accompanied him. We can hardly get a house call here in the US. I realize this is a gay thread about gay life in Cambodia but human interest is human interest or so I think. With the plethora of bats, are there no misquitoes? Best regards, RA1
-
Pentagon Is Set to Lift Combat Ban for Women
I have heard a rumor all my life that the reason women are not allowed in combat is because they are too vicious. Best regards, RA1
-
Gay Tel Aviv – Where Nothing Is Uncut! A Boytoy City Guide
Yes, it piqued my interest also. Best regards, RA1
-
Award Travel
I have ridden on the airlines exactly 7 times since 9/11 and 5 were "required" by business and 2 at the insistence of a friend. The experience totally unsatisfactory start to finish but I am spoiled. Best regards, RA1
-
Something "eggceptional. . ."
Twins in a shell. Best regards, RA1
-
Question re forum poll function
No need to dig them up. That is what absentee ballots are for. Best regards, RA1
-
Gay Tel Aviv – Where Nothing Is Uncut! A Boytoy City Guide
Are you suggesting that there is more than one definition of "fault"? Best regards, RA1
-
America the Beautiful
This is now sung at many professional sports events (as well as the national anthem). I don't know if they are trying in some small way to make up for their excesses or just playing to the patriotic crowd. Regardless, I still enjoy hearing it and joining in. Best regards, RA1