Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Probably Sir Richard will ride on an early flight. Who can deny they are not using the best and cheapest technology when they use a cork to control the pressurization system on the early vehicle? Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Yes, Zero G will fly you in the back of a 727 for a little over $5,000. www.gozerog.com. They travel around the country drumming up business. It appears they will be in Cape Canerveral, NY and Chicago this spring. So, AS, the experience is available and not very far from where you are. All you need is a "spare" $5000 and a R-T ticket to one of those places. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    I will be glad to take Pluto just as seriously as Mickey did. Best regards, RA1
  4. When are going to get to the part about football? Best regards, RA1
  5. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I enjoyed this, but you need to go to the pound and pick out a new friend ASAP. Both for you and for him or her. Best regards, RA1
  6. I appreciate the effort. When I remember, most of the time, to post after only a few words and then edit, it almost always works. However, in the heat of a post sometimes I neglect to post first and then edit. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
  7. Amazing how various locales get around various laws. In TN there are no stand alone bars. A bar that serves liquor must derive 75% of its' revenue from food. We have beer joints that mainly serve beer and a few snacks. Liquor stores are the only stores that can sell liquor and wine. Beer can be sold by grocery stores and the like. No liquor stores are open on Sunday and beer cannot be sold before noon on Sunday. Bars, co-located with restaurants, can serve mixed drinks and beer until the wee hours and all day Sunday. Many states have "unusual" alcohol laws and TN certainly does not stand alone in this regard. I had fun when I went to MLB but it was on "straight" business so I did not enjoy the delights herein described. Best regards, RA1
  8. Still not taking the post most of the time. It goes into a "saving post" mode with flashing green bars across the top but never leaves that mode. I have almost developed a full habit of posting after one word and then editing for the full post. Best regards, RA1
  9. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    The Arab League or whatever they call it in the US is upset over typecasting Arabs. Even though historically, and to some extent today, they were camel drivers, bedouins and wealthy do nothings, some US Arabs are getting upset about them possibly being protrayed that way in a Coke ad. Either they were or they weren't and because they were, why get upset? Best regards, RA1
  10. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Or, animated cartoon characters? Virtual everything seems to be what is going on now. Best regards, RA1
  11. I thought it might be the breakfast of roosters. Best regards, RA1
  12. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Predictable, but funny. Best regards, RA1
  13. I have seen some gays who were dogs but never the other way around. What do you expect from a state that had the Scopes Monkey trial, etc.? However, perhaps you would not want to acknowledge all of MS's errors as being somehow your fault any more than I would about TN. I did not elect those screwballs and do my best to disparage and discourage each and every pol that I know about, whenever and where ever. Don't you need to eat more Barn Flakes or something rather than spending all that time roaming around the internet? Best regards, RA1 aka KMEM
  14. Apparently Coke will introduce an ad during the Super Bowl that Arabs say is racist. If it is, it would have to be because of "political or social intent" according to me. Otherwise, many folks, groups and cultures are portrayed in various ways that may or may not be correct today. But does that make them racist? Not everything is politically incorrect. Have we not gone a very long way down this road and is it not time to stop and consider what is going on? Isn't intent a very large part of US law? I realize a TV ad is a public exhibition of someone's thinking but is it necessarily a true statement of anyone's intent? I realize I am harping on the concept of intent but I am sure anyone who reads this knows exactly what that means. What does anyone else think" Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    There really aren't any details to speak of. Pan Am was "brain storming" about future business and came up with the idea of taking reservations. They were at or near the height of their business existence then and "all things seemed possible". JFK had proposed the effort and Pan Am was just trying to take advantage of free publicity. When we did get there via the Apollo program, there was a sudden enormous interest in going to the moon because it was obviously possible. So, between 1969 and 1971 Pan Am took no money but did make a list of folks who wanted reservations on such a trip. Among the many things that I don't know is whether Pan Am had thought about landing on the moon or just orbiting around it and coming back to earth. The latter would be somewhat easier. Shall we open a list to go to Mars on possibly a Rutan-Branson vehicle? Best regards, RA1
  16. RA1 posted a topic in The Beer Bar
    Anyone here among the 90,002 on the Pan Am reservation list to take a flight to the moon? Are you wondering if your reservation is still good? Even though the Pan Am that was in existence at the time those reservations were taken is no longer, the current owner of the list could resurrect the list if a "commercial" flight were to become available. I have serious doubts any such flight would be on a flag carrier using the name Pan Am but they could "sell" the tickets to such a flight from their list. Similar to one carrier putting customers on another carrier's flights when their flight breaks down, is cancelled or whatever. So, any such reservation may still be good, sort of. Of course, anyone who made such a reservation is now 41 years older than they were then because Pan Am closed the list in 1971. Still, 90,000 people got on it. Best regards, RA1
  17. "Someone" told me he was hit upon by GT on a flight. I am more than reasonably assured the hitee did nothing to encourage same. There is no free lunch, is there? Best regards, RA1
  18. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    "Could you imagine if an automaker tolds its' customers that the small fire and fuel leakage on their new car was normal because it is new and was simply 'working out the kinks'?" Isn't that what Ford told its customers in essence about the Pinto? What about Chevrolet and the Corvair? One of these is now collectible and the other junk. I think many would be surprised to learn of the huge number of technical problems had by all car manufacturers, only some of which result in large, well publicized recalls. Virtually all of them are found after the car fleet has been in the hands of customers for quite a while. No excuse for any of the above but it is what it is. Best regards, RA1
  19. I hate for you to feel this way, BUT, it is none of my business. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I hate to hold a grudge but in Chick-Fil-A's case I will make an exception. I have never eaten there and have no plans to do so. However, that is my personal opinion and I am not pointing any fingers at anyone else. Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I appreciate your comment, MsGuy, but I think my point was "cute begats cute, but not if they don't begat at all". Best regards, RA1
  22. It happened again when trying to respond to this thread. I think is usually happens when there are numerous on site or even on the thread in question. Much of the time I can get past this issue by posting a few words and then editing the remainder of the post, but not always. At least using this method I only lose a few words before having to "start over". Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Apparently you did. Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to TotallyOz's topic in The Beer Bar
    I think the James Bond film, "Goldfinger" sort of opened the "backdoor" for these words with the character, "Pussy Galore". Here pussy, pussy MAY be a straight lonely guy looking for a "love fix" or it may be your next door neighbor calling his wayward cat home. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.