Everything posted by RA1
-
Mistrial: Witness's fake eyeball pops out
Shame is for the innocent. No way herein. Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
I love them all. I have made many friends in this part of the world even though I am a life long Southerner. Best regards, RA1
-
OK: My name is Oz and I am a Justin Beiber Fan
I certainly don't hate Beiber but do not "follow" him. However, I wonder how much of the controversy surrounding him is caused by youthful indiscretion, ignorance, poor advice or just exuberence? Perhaps a mixture of all of the above. He is cute, but very young. Good luck to him. Best regards, RA1
-
Maniac Cop On The Loose In LA
Without a doubt, it is damaging to any group to shoot into the vehicle without knowing who is inside, etc. However, like many "news" reports these days, the early version may not be the final one, never mind, the correct one. Best regards, RA1
-
Mistrial: Witness's fake eyeball pops out
But, like many, wished to have "no part" in the proceedings. Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
Was the serf gay or merely compliant? Didn't before realize that Dershowitz was perhaps a "knight of old". That area of the country seems full of Shakespearean and other drama, doesn't it? Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
Have a care. You are treading dangerously near my wallet now. My #1 client is an Eli. And, he even knows some folks from Yale and Hahvard. Best regards, RA1
-
Maniac Cop On The Loose In LA
I like to read the local morning newspaper but I don't bother until the end of the day. I already know all the "news" contained therein and if the world is coming to an end, I will likely know it soon enough. However, there are columnists I like to read and sometimes other in depth articles of note + I need to see who died that I know. Last, but certainly not least, the comics just before bed time usually set the tone for a peaceful rest. I very rarely watch TV "news". However, I made an exception to watch Nemo developing. The Weather Channel is my friend. Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
All correct. I once knew an attorney (forgive me) who was known as tersia. That was before "trey" became popular. Best regards, RA1
-
Gung Hay Fat Choy
Your room sounds like some cabins on cruise ships (partial ocean view). Sounds like fun to me. I have always enjoyed HK and that part of Asia/Pacific. I have always thought the "best" way to have a Chinese meal is in a family restaurant with lots of friends/family at the table so there can be 5,000 different items ordered and a "taste" of everything. Enjoy your time there and the new year. Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
I wasn't registering surprise (only asking a question, in quadruplicate). Do we know any escorts who go by IV? Best regards, RA1
-
Boeing 787 Screamliner
Most flag carriers would go out of business without government subsidies to include "indirect" ones from the US government. However, some do seem bent upon self destruction, don't they? Best regards, RA1
-
Maniac Cop On The Loose In LA
Of course. But, all too often, hasn't 15 minutes of fame turned into 15 days of drudgery? I won't even go into the "early" inaccuracies. Best regards, RA1
-
Maniac Cop On The Loose In LA
In LA a minor traffic accident can cause the very real possiblity of an air crash. Why? All those newsies helicopters converging on the same point at the same time. How many other places would you get a minute by minute, several different angles and views of say OJ "fleeing" at 30 MPH in a white vehicle? Way too much air time available and way too few "real" stories. Best regards, RA1
-
Mistrial: Witness's fake eyeball pops out
Several years ago, I read about a practical joker with a glass eye who loved to draw attention to himself. In fact he had several iterations of same. One that was blood shot for the day after and one that had a flag on it for the 4th of July. One of his favorite tricks was to be in a restaurant carefully studying the menu while idly using a fork to scratch his eye. Now that might cause me to lose my appetite. Best regards, RA1
-
Chilling legal memo from Obama DOJ justifies killing of U.S. citizens
I was emphasizing the "killing" of various US citizens rather than the "rights" of a pol aka CIC. Personally I am in favor of the execution of certain criminals and also of terrorists but I am more than willing to let the law of the land prevail until and unless it is "legally" changed. Over the years the US has seen various accepted doctrines change, sometimes for the better and sometimes not so much better. We are not through with this process and, with any luck, we never shall be. I was not particularly a fan of many of the latest Bush's activities while president but BO has continued or increased some of those activities many viewed as oppressive or illegal. Time will tell. Best regards, RA1
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness (coming 5-13)
You and Trey???? Best regards, RA1
-
US Postal Service to cut Saturday service August 1
Thanks for the clarification. Did you help him write any of his poetry? After all you were about 3-4 when he died, so you could have. Best regards, RA1
-
Silence in the House of God
SAM students had the same joke except it was limited to the "Man" course (sorry, not directly about gays) which was a 6 hour course with the full title of Man in the Light of History and Religion. It was either that or take Presbyterian religious courses. In spite of getting a liberal education I still came out (mostly) a conservative. Kind of sounds like those ads saying "mostly straight", doesn't it? Actually, I would prefer to be called a progressive but that has been usurped by liberals. Best regards, RA1
-
Fuck The Boy Scouts
This is a direct result of most of my posts not being accepted. Is gloats an administrator here? So, I post a word or two and then edit to add the rest of whatever rambling is on my mind at the moment. Best regards, RA1
-
Fuck The Boy Scouts
I like your result but the methodology is different from how I understand the republic form of government. I have thought the legislators should choose the "better" way regardless of what the voters say and then presuade them they were correct (or lose the next election). Unfortunately we have gutless pols now and the way you describe it is how it works all too often. Aren't state courts supposed to rule on the state constitution and the federal courts fule on the US Constitution with the feds having the ultimate say so IF the issue is truly a constitutional one? Does this not preclude judges "changing" the law? I realize you raised the issue of constitutionality. Best regards, RA1
-
US Postal Service to cut Saturday service August 1
I thought the question is, was T.S. Eliot gay, not J. Alfred Prufrock? But we are not sophomores in college any longer, so who cares? Best regards, RA1
-
US Postal Service to cut Saturday service August 1
lookin- With Adam being stuck while being stuck in the Victorian era and Adam now likely having been identified, how can we tell it is indeed the Victorian era? Is it the chair or the sock garters or both? That footman rang my bell but how do you know he has a foot fetish? Best regards, RA1
-
Beware Nemo
No, not Captain Nemo but the winter storm Nemo. I still am not completely used to having winter storms have names. Hurricanes, yes; winter storms, no. I am hoping all of our readers and posters in the NE (and elsewhere) will be careful and take appropriate precautions during this storm. I know some who live herein and some others who recently lived herein. You know who your are. I am glad that you are now elsewhere or will be taking care during this possibly dangerous time. Duck and cover. Best regards, RA1
-
Fuck The Boy Scouts
I am not sure I understand the comment of "whenever you allow a vote on civil rights typically you lose". If that is so, then the majoritiy of a democratic society does not approve? Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work? If the vote is "against us" then is it not incumbent upon us to persuade them of the error of their ways/thinking? There is no doubt that BSA need to get their act together to reflect here and now. But, wouldn't it be so much better if there were to agree with "new and current visions" rather than be forced by some court? Best regards, RA1 No doubt the board is a bunch of "pussies".