Everything posted by RA1
-
Arrail Do Cabo or Buzios
I like your idea of something very useful for your BF. One can always travel but learning something, that is for always. Best regards, RA1
-
Pregnant Teenager Delayed by TSA for Gun on Purse
Sensibility and initiative are seemingly almost never rewarded by any government agency. Why should the TSA be any different? Answer: It won't. Many of us seem to just sit back, let things happen in the name of security when really our rights and freedoms are being taken away willy nilly, and think very little of it. To make matters worse, there is no security. Best regards, RA1
-
Places To Stay Around the World
Do we possibly know that someone? Best regards, RA1
-
85 Year-Old Woman Stripsearched at JFK
http://www.avweb.com/blogs/insider/Security_First_Time_Traveler_205821-1.html I am more than positive that the TSA use a "formula" for most of their actions to include strip searches, "random" anything and, of course, their methology for "additional" security measures, such as buying a one way ticket. During my career, I would easily surmise that 90+% of the airline tickets I bought were one way. Years ago that attracted the attention of US customs, the US' first line of defense then for keeping terrorists at bay. Some might find the link interesting. It mentions the 85 yo lady. Best regards, RA1
-
Americas Worst Sherriff
Sherriffs are often the biggest, baddest and, sometimes, most corrupt elected official in any given county. This guy just has just had more public exposure than most but it seems somewhat balanced. The liberal press thinks he is a thug and the conservative press a hero. Are you willing to suppose he is somewhere in between? Best regards, RA1
-
Places To Stay Around the World
The enclosed part? The outside "garden" eating area would naturally be, well, natural. Best regards, RA1
-
new clients
And, of course, getting a client to review you and submitting it to this site would complete the process. Best regards, RA1
-
Incredibly powerful Video
I wish I had had professionally manicured nails when I was 14. Who knows what is "real" any more? He certainly sounds "gay" in the second video, more so than the first but we did not hear his voice in the first, did we? Best regards, RA1
-
6 Affordable Places to Retire Abroad in 2012
BBB- I agree and LOL. Best regards, RA1
-
The Scum of Society? That's Easy
Another result of "liberal government"? First "they" make it easy to get but maybe hard to repay loans readily available, then, if the student is lucky but the taxpayers are unlucky, they forgive the loan. Does any of that make sense? I certainly agree with, how does a loan multiply to 3-5 times it original value in a few years? Of course, one way is for NO payments during the term. This is not an easy problem with an easy solution and nothing offered so far comes close. Best regards, RA1
-
6 Affordable Places to Retire Abroad in 2012
TOZ- I like these kinds of posts. I like to travel and see new and interesting things and, one day, I might actually retire, although I have no present plans to do so. I "accidentally" found a web site extolling the attributes of a small town in Panama that sounded very interesting and it fits the above profile very well, especially on the "cheaper" end of the scale. Best regards, RA1
-
6 Affordable Places to Retire Abroad in 2012
BBB- Not trying to be cryptic, just referring to a post that stated that one has not really experienced the "gay life" until one has bottomed. I didn't say I agreed with this statement. Best regards, RA1
-
Why Occupy Wall St. Is Needed
Shouldn't the protesters move from Wall Street, etc. to DC? Namely to confront the Congress? Banks may own the MOC but they are gutless when "real" voters show up in large numbers (as well they should be). Best regards, RA1
-
The Scum of Society? That's Easy
I agree that there is a need for legitimate debt collections. Many of those folks can make reasonable requests and get reasonable answers. The "scum" are the ones who prey on folks who are unable, temporarily or otherwise, to pay their debts and who make a business of buying debts that are indeed already written off by the lending company. I also agree that most folks do want to pay their honest debts which is why the scum can use guilt so effectively. Best regards, RA
-
6 Affordable Places to Retire Abroad in 2012
I think some posters herein think the same thing. Best regards, RA1
-
Pregnant Teenager Delayed by TSA for Gun on Purse
I personally know of a friend of mine who accidentally walked through airport security with a gun in his pocket. He didn't realize he had done it until he was through and walking towards his departure gate. The TSA has some very silly rules and no rational way of interpreting them, especially during the actual screening of passengers. But, who among us expects the government to be flexible or do rational things? I certainly don't and I am very weary of our rights being usurped by the TSA, HSA and others. We can still vote for change but our options do seem to continually diminish, don't they? Best regards, RA1
-
2012 Election: Tea Party Losing Support
Crazy people are apparently electable from either party. That may be why we indeed need a third party. It is not unconstitutional and throughout much of the history of the USA there were more than two parties and certainly not each of those has survived. Yes, I am a Libertarian at heart. That does not necessarily mean that I completely agree with every thing THIS party has to say but certainly I am not in agreement with much of what the Demos or Repubs have to say either. Best regards, RA1
-
Guys you will find in So.Brazil - Porto Alegre/Curitiba
All lovely, indeed. Please keep posting. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
-
Adam Phebus from Equinox Trainer to Real Estate Agent
How can it cannot? Best regards, RA1
-
College Football 2011
Yes, I know a few Auburn grads who are generally shunned hereabouts. However, we have flown more charters to Auburn, AL than we have to either BHM or TCL, but, that may be because both of the latter are within easy driving distance and Auburn is further away from MEM. However, to be completely "honest", go SEC. Best regards, RA1
-
College Football 2011
I am an Alabama fan and am surrounded by many such. I was at the game in 1980 whenever when Alabama beat LSU in Death Valley. I was at the game in BHM when Nebraska first played Alabama there. I have personally met some of the head coaches over the years but not Paul "Bear" Bryant although several friends have so much memorabilia that sometimes I have thought I might have met him. He coached his last game at the Liberty Bowl in MEM. Etc. However, I believe the initial question was/is who will be national champion and my answer was LSU. I am appreciative of the fact that at least a few follow NCAA football herein. Best regards, RA1
-
Puppies in War...
Sorry if I mislead you. I had several thoughts going on and perhaps should not have included all of them in that one post. 1. I am very much a dog and pet lover and I hate to think about them being in other than "good" surroundings/situations, although I realize the world is not perfect. 2. When I saw all those posts/pix it occurred to me that you might not have slept well either for mental or physical reasons, something that happens to all of us at various times; so, I meant to merely politely inquire. 3. Otherwise, in general, the pix posted herein are "fun" and not distressing at all. 4. Certainly, during my career I have had my share of "unusual" hours. Thanks for replying. Best regards, RA1
-
Puppies in War...
Regardless of whether this photoshopped or not, it tears at my heart. I do have a question for you TY and that is, did you have a "bad" day today. I noticed all of your posts and the early hour thereof which suggests that you could not sleep properly and decided to grace us with your posts. I am not trying to pry or be personal but my thoughts are there, nonetheless. Best regards, RA1
-
Black Friday ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
So, you place no credence to the notion that Black Friday suggests that merchants have "finally" arrived into the "black"? This seems especially appropriate lately, meaning many are struggling to be financially successful. Just a quick option. Best regards, RA1
-
College Football 2011
I think LSU has the talent, the coaching and the confidence to be the national champion. Best regards, RA1